Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am wondering what restriction feels like for everyone else. I never feel anything like what I formally associated with "full".....never. I usually quit eating something because I measured it out & it's gone. The only other indication I have is I start burping (eww). Should I feel full or close to full? It feels somewhat unsatisfying to never feel like I've eaten a meal. Anyway, just curious if I'm doing this right? P.S. I appreciate all of you who answer my endless litany of questions, for your time, thoughts, insight, patience & kindness I sincerely thank you!!

I don't feel the traditional full either. 99% of the time my nose feels weird and I get little sniffles. It's not like a cold or allergy sniffle, but just a little post nasal drip. That's my first sign, if I take just one more bite, I feel pressure of fullness. I've learned to just stop when I get the first sign. I have even told friends that I sound like a cocaine addict at meal time. This may sound like a weird indication, but it's the exact same thing for my sister who was sleeved before me. My Dr told me it's normal in most people, most people just aren't in tune with their body like we are because of the surgery. It's sort of like eating hot Soup but less intense. I'd be curious to know if this happens to others. Good luck!!

I have always had that full feeling pretty quickly, so I can't quite relate. Just out of curiosity do either of you know what sizie bougie your Dr.'s used during your surgery? That's the tool they use to size your stomach when making your sleeve.

Measuring out your food is the best way. My full sensation early post-op was a bit of shoulder pain. Now it's a burp usually. Once I burp, it's time to push the plate away, no matter how much or little I've eaten.

I feel REAL full REAL quick and on the FEW occasions I've over done it start to burp incessantly and am miserable till it passes or in one case, I puke up the little bit that I need to make room for. It used to be an extra piece (or TWO!) of pie or second helping was too much, now like an extra 2 bites more is too much. I have had to really learn to pay attention to what I am experiencing as decades of just ignoring the sensations and packing in more and more food have left me without any sense of what full really feels like.

Yes, measuring or strictly limiting yourself to pre determined portions (like 1/2 can of soup) is THE way to make sure you don't overeat. It's always really been the way and is typically what got us into the mess of obesity in the first place. Portions are ridiculous now days and food is just loaded with extra calories with added ingredients.

I just did this to myself this morning - ate a small carbmaster yogurt, drinking my coffee, popped the last bite of a banana in, and took a good big swig of coffee (mind you, I was NOT paying attention to my eating) and then "uh oh!" got that too full feeling and had to get to the restroom where, thankfully, all I had to do to find relief was burp a lot.

Have to remember to pay attention to what the heck I am putting into my mouth!!

My "full" doesn't feel like it used to either. Just a feeling of discomfort, which I can feel coming on earlier now and stop before I feel that discomfort. I also often get the nose sniffles as well.

With that said, it seems that sometimes the type of food I eat gives me a different "full" feeling. It's weird, not sure if anyone else on here has experienced this. Ex: If I eat some chicken, then brocolli, then a little brown rice, it feels a lot different than say when I eat chicken, green Beans and top it off with Peanut Butter (I know, gross to some of you). : P Not sure what that's all about, but feels like a slight difference in being full/satisfied.

My restriction usually to me feels like Thanksgiving dinner times 5. Ai feel so full and just yucky. This only happens if I tempt my sleeve by having that extra bite that I know I shouldn't be having.

I honestly hate feeling full now. I would choose a Protein shake any day over a meal. My Protein shakes are "safe" and I know I won't feel any restricted feeling, just nice and pleasantly full. My sleeve has altered my mind now and has scared the poopies out of me so I don't ever wanna feel truly "full" like I used to pre sleeve.

My restriction is also higher up now maybe like under my ribs or below my breastbone, not in my stomach anymore. So it is really uncomfortable. No way would I wanna try and push it with that feeling going on.

Hope this helps! Good Luck!

When I feel full it's in my lower chest, which is right at the top of my old tummy. I have a "3 bite sleeve"...three bites of anything and I'm VERY full! My first bite of food tastes really good! I burp after the second bite, and the third bite, which is always my smallest, is the game stopper! I never tempt fate with a 4th bite. I'm 3 weeks post op, on mushies, & I've never thrown up and I hope I never do. I stop at the merest hint of fullness, because after 38 years of ignoring my body, it's about time I listened to it! :)

I don't feel the traditional full either. 99% of the time my nose feels weird and I get little sniffles. It's not like a cold or allergy sniffle, but just a little post nasal drip. That's my first sign, if I take just one more bite, I feel pressure of fullness. I've learned to just stop when I get the first sign. I have even told friends that I sound like a cocaine addict at meal time. This may sound like a weird indication, but it's the exact same thing for my sister who was sleeved before me. My Dr told me it's normal in most people, most people just aren't in tune with their body like we are because of the surgery. It's sort of like eating hot Soup but less intense. I'd be curious to know if this happens to others. Good luck!!

Can you say more about eating hot Soup? I drink a hot beverage and I hurt. Is this common?

I don't feel the traditional full either. 99% of the time my nose feels weird and I get little sniffles. It's not like a cold or allergy sniffle' date=' but just a little post nasal drip. That's my first sign, if I take just one more bite, I feel pressure of fullness. I've learned to just stop when I get the first sign. I have even told friends that I sound like a cocaine addict at meal time. This may sound like a weird indication, but it's the exact same thing for my sister who was sleeved before me. My Dr told me it's normal in most people, most people just aren't in tune with their body like we are because of the surgery. It's sort of like eating hot Soup but less intense. I'd be curious to know if this happens to others. Good luck!![/quote']

Im 8 days post op and, seem to have that slight nasal drip too.

To the OP, if you aren't too far out and only eating purees or mushies, you might not actually feel "full" quite yet - that's why it's important to measure your food based upon the nutritionist's recommendation. I don't think I felt full at all until I started eating regular, dense Protein (like cheese, chicken, etc.).

I'm only 17 days post-op and I don't eat more than 3oz's... My full feeling kinda just sits under my breasts... I'm eating yogurt, cottage cheese, broth, Jello, pudding, cream of wheat/farina, or mashed potatoes so I have a variety and switch it up a bit but 3 oz's is enough or just under that works also... I have also had sugar free icepops... Still having trouble getting in the protein/ Water but everyday I try to get down a little bit more!

Thank you all for giving your time and advice! It is always nice to know were not alone and there are people out there to listen and help! Happy journeys everyone!

My "full" doesn't feel like it used to either. Just a feeling of discomfort, which I can feel coming on earlier now and stop before I feel that discomfort. I also often get the nose sniffles as well.

With that said, it seems that sometimes the type of food I eat gives me a different "full" feeling. It's weird, not sure if anyone else on here has experienced this. Ex: If I eat some chicken, then brocolli, then a little brown rice, it feels a lot different than say when I eat chicken, green Beans and top it off with Peanut Butter (I know, gross to some of you). : P Not sure what that's all about, but feels like a slight difference in being full/satisfied.

I am exaclty the same way!! Diff foods give me diff "full" feelings, mostly the feeling is pressure. but when i do overeat it is HICUPS!!! Very uncomfortable till it passes!!!

surgery date: Oct 12, 2011

weight.png