Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lenox Hill Hospital New York, Ny

My doctor was Dr. Mitchell Roslin at Lenox Hill Bariatrics my only issue is the wait holycrap they have you wait forever no matter what time the appointment is the waiting room is always packed and they have 3 or 4 doctors but my overall experience was good dr roslin gets straight to point and with any issues u have he has a suggestion for almost everything. Overall if you want hand holding and rocking you sorry you won't it there if u want good surgeons then you are in good hands.

My doctor was Dr. Mitchell Roslin at Lenox Hill Bariatrics my only issue is the wait holycrap they have you wait forever no matter what time the appointment is the waiting room is always packed and they have 3 or 4 doctors but my overall experience was good dr roslin gets straight to point and with any issues u have he has a suggestion for almost everything. Overall if you want hand holding and rocking you sorry you won't it there if u want good surgeons then you are in good hands.

Glad to hear positive things about him. I am scheduled for surgery on May 10th with him at Northern Westchester Hospital.

you will do great -- congrats! I am down almost 82 lbs since end of Sept ... I am loving my sleeve -- and you will too! Congrats & have a great journey down the road to a healthy lifestyle!

you will do great -- congrats! I am down almost 82 lbs since end of Sept ... I am loving my sleeve -- and you will too! Congrats & have a great journey down the road to a healthy lifestyle!

WOW! Now that is the result I'm hoping for!

Im sure you will follow the same path!!! It's really not difficult -- the sleeve really seems to do all the work on its own for me, as long as I try to get in my Protein requirements and eat small portions, etc. ... I know you will do great!!!! Just work the program, come to support meetings at NWH (so you can get encouragement and also get support for any questions you might have) and you will do great! We have a support group at NWH next week (it's the first Thursday of every month), so come ..and introduce yourself .. look for me there (ask who is rosie girl "out loud"at the meeting ... I go by another name and will introduce myself there if you come & seek me out)... good luck if we miss you at the meeting ...!!! You will do great!

Hey Y'all. I'm getting my sleeve with Dr. Roslin at Lenox Hill on Tuesday (15th.)

I TOTALLY agree about that office. I've never seen such a crazy office! Tamara left and no one could figure out who was getting my approvals taken care of. Good thing I'm so pushy!!!

I'm freaking out, I admit. But I love how successful you are, rosiegirl! I wanna be like you!

I sort of feel like I haven't had enough nutritional counseling from the office, though. I'm still sort of unclear what the first 30 days are going to be like. I downloaded a paper from Columbia Hospital that had a lot more foods that the handout we got. Not quite sure what to do, so I will likely wind up just drinking a lot of Protein shakes. Good thing GNC has their Lite drink on sale 50% off in NYC right now!

congrats Cinemagirl!!! You will do great!!!! Dr. Roslin is fabulous and I'm sure all will go great for you .. I had it done in NWH, so not sure how Lennox is but I can only imagine it's superb! I've heard great things about Lennox ... you are in good hands! The first 3 months will be the most challenging time for you, at least, it was for me. After about 3 - 4 months, it magically got so much easier .. so be patient & work the program. Listen to whatever the nutritionist tells you -- do not go by what other programs say - you need to follow Dr. Roslin's instructions and/or what his team tells you ... if you're unsure, ask the nutritionist to give you more paperwork w/guidelines ... it's been over 8 mos. for me, so I don't remember exactly what the first few weeks were specifically, but I think it was at least 3 weeks before I was able to have "mushies" ... until then, you'll be on liquids (lots of broth & water) and greek yogurt .. and yes, Protein Shakes too -- do you have a whole foods by you? I suggest trying Jay Robbs unflavored whey Protein Powder so you can formulate your own shakes ... you can find tons of recipes on this forum (under Protein shakes/recipies) to help you figure out some different kinds of protein shakes you might like ... check w/your nutritionist, because I think you will also be allowed cream of wheat in the first few weeks, which will also give you a little added variety to your daily diet plan ... once you are allowed mushies, I would suggest using a baby bullet (get in target) to purey (sp?) a can of Amy's lentil vegetable Soup and have that -- it's warm so it will go down easy, and it's also got protein in it so it will be a nice addition too ... but your greek yogurt will give you protein (have 2 x a day and you'll already have like 32 g of protein from it, which will help you w/your requirements), and then add your protein shakes, etc..... do the best you can and don't stress if at first you struggle to meet your protein requirements - we all do ... it's not easy at first, but you will eventually get the hang of it, as we all do, and you will do great! Congrats again - wishing you tons of success - I know you can do it and welcome to the losers bench!!!!

Ok, bought some! Going in for surgery tomorrow so I'm sort of holding my breath.

Looking forward to recipes when I get done.

I do wish Lenox Hill would call and tell me what time my surgery is! That hospital is not the most organized...

good luck -- what time is surgery, did you find out? you will probably have to be there early ... don't worry, I know all will go well! Remember, even if the first week or few weeks aren't as easy as you might have planned, it will all fall into place thereafter .. it did for me and I know if will for you too! Everyone is different -- some people have a really easy time at it right from the start, and some people have a little rougher time of it, but eventually, we all fall into step and I promise you, you will too! You are in excellent hands - Dr. Roslin is a great doctor (and a really nice person too!) ... I will be thinking of you, sending you positive vibes! Keep me posted -- hang tight ... !!!

good luck -- what time is surgery' date=' did you find out? you will probably have to be there early ... don't worry, I know all will go well! Remember, even if the first week or few weeks aren't as easy as you might have planned, it will all fall into place thereafter .. it did for me and I know if will for you too! Everyone is different -- some people have a really easy time at it right from the start, and some people have a little rougher time of it, but eventually, we all fall into step and I promise you, you will too! You are in excellent hands - Dr. Roslin is a great doctor (and a really nice person too!) ... I will be thinking of you, sending you positive vibes! Keep me posted -- hang tight ... !!![/quote']

Thanks Rosiegirl!

My surgery is at 730am so I'm very pleased. Best to do it early. Your comment is very important for me to hear. I'm not the most patient person so I have to remember to give it space and time, and trust it will work out in the end. Wise advice! I am looking forward to it now...

Great - keep up that attitude and you will do great! I speak from experience when I say "have patience" ... my first few weeks were the hardest, and I think I cried a lot then ... I remember questioning whether or not I made the right decision, but from where I stand now, it was the best decision I ever made in my life! I am so much healthier now, and because of that, so much happier ... it's only been 8 months for me, but it feels like my whole life has changed for the better ... so, keep the faith ... you will do great! Get some sleep (if you can) tonight, and have a successful surgery tomorrow! Speak to you soon and welcome to the loser's bench! :-)

by the way - went from a size 24 to a size 10 (just now squeezing into a size 10) ... so that should give you great incentive!!!! (And I have another 30-50lbs to go ... I'm only 5'4, so I'm figuring a size 8 or 6 will bring me to my goal) .. but I'm in no rush, and haven't been the entire time .. it's all just happening gradually and naturally and I know the same will happen for you too! (in fact, tonight I was able to eat two turkey meatballs for dinner without any problem - and that is quite an accomplishment for me! so I'm very very happy!!! - I know, two turkey meatballs doesn't sound like a lot to you now, but trust me, after the surgery, it will be quite an effort to eat anything like that for quite some time .. and you will be so happy when you can!!! :-) Keep the faith & good luck!!! Speak w/you soon ...