Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I saw the Dr. about 3 weeks ago and according to him, the surgery is a medical need. I knew it was a long time ago before the comorbidities. I am so anxious about waiting to hear what the insurance says. I don't want to be super model thin, I just want to be healthy and this waiting game is nerve wrecking. I want to hurry and get this done! I have been thinking about this for 3 years now and I am ready. OK, I just needed to vent :-)

@ fluffy....ditto!!!

I am waiting around for the psychologists offc to call me to schedule mine. The clerk at the surgeons offc emailed her Monday and again Wednesday. I am not about to let that one thing hold me up. I am thinking about finding a psyche on my own...

I too am playing that weighting game! I want this done like yesterday! I have everything completed except 1 more 6 month visit and the nut visit then we will send for approval. Surgeons office said to expect a probably surgery date in the beginning of may. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

The Psychologist emailed me to schedule a time to meet. Now, I am nervous. I have yet to speak with her but I have butterflies every time the phone rings. Beautifulnewme hang in there! Tlaff I have fingers crossed for you! Hopefully all 3 of us will be fit and fabulous this year. Thanks for the support you guys. It is nice to know I am not alone.

Fluffybleu76 I will keep my fingers crossed for you too! I love support I have found here my husband is behind me 100% but he really doesn't fully get it. It's nice to be able to talk with people who understand what I am going thru. You will do fine with your psych appointment. Keep us updated!

I am impatiently awaiting too. I am self-pay though. As you can see by my ticker below, I am pretty excited. I suggest spending the weight-ing game by researching and reading as much as possible. I have learned so much from this board it is insane. Good luck to you.

I too am getting anxious. On 3/22 I finish all of my prerequisites and wait for insurance approval. I'm hoping everything goes fast, if it doesn't I'll have to wait until fall. I can't get time off work after May 4th. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I too am trying to be patient in waiting. Took my paperwork to my pcp on Tues and they've yet to fax over to my surgeon..I p/up my psych. eval report on Mon. and am hoping that's a-ok. I did request therapy with her even after since I'm sure I'll be going through some things emotionally after surgery. I am just waiting on all this stuff to get to my insurance and then will be playing the "weight-ing" game again..am nervous but I will fight for this! I know it will be good for me..Good Luck to you...

The waiting game can be intense for all of us :unsure: . Yesterday was the one week waiting period for me. I'm the same way with the phone ringing. I get so excited when I hear it ring or if I'm gone, see that I have a phone message and hope that it's the surgeons office. I just really want to hear the words that I'm approved.

Keeping my fingers crossed that we all get the approval we so desperately need.

Good luck to all of you! I know how nerve-wracking it can be to wait, but it will be SO worth it when you're the ones posting success pictures!! :)

Lissa at this point I can't even imagine what it would be like to post after pics. It's all surreal like it will never happen for me but I know that it's just the devil talking lol! I can't wait for this amazing journey to begin I am so inspired by all of you!

I am too WAITING. On Thursday all my documents were submitted to my insurance and I was told that I should receive a call no later than a week to then schedule an appointment with the surgeon, so I'm really really hoping for an April surgery fingers and toes are cross. Good luck everyone hope everything goes by quick