Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have told some people. Of course everyone has an opinion, but of course most of them don't weigh over 125 pounds.

I am ready to start my new life and don't care who knows or who disagrees.

I have told a few people and have already noticed a changed attitude towards me, others are supportive! I'm not advertising or denying.

I am not going to tell ANYONE and if I could get away with not telling husband I would (I fear he will tell one person and then the whole town will know!). In fact' date=' I have not told him yet. Trying to work up the nerve.

I plan on telling people starting out that I am walking, and eating very carefully and working my way up to more intense exercise...then they will see me at the gym. All my friends are in shape (they do work at it) and look great...I don't want their opinions. Plus I live in "very small town USA" and it is no exaggeration if one person knows your business than everyone is likely to know your business! However, I do plan on getting plastic surgery (boob and face lift) once I lose the weight and I have no problem sharing that information (probably because half of my friends have and half of the town has! So...there is less stigma). Thank goodness for the support of other forum members...it has helped me, since I cannot vent or express to friends or family.[/quote']

I am from a small town too! I understand!!!! Everyone knows each others business. I know the judgements that go along with that! You can vent to me anytime!

I only told 5 people beforehand, and now people are on a "need to know" basis. We eat a LOT with other people at our church. If I'm going to someone's house for a meal, I have to bring my cream Soups or blenderized foods, so I do fill them in. For the most part though, I'm not broadcasting.

I soo understand where you're at. Only my family and my best friend knew beforehand but my husband is the pastor of a small church. So, everybody knows way to much about everyone. So, when I ate like a bird at our Thanksgiving potluck and at every Sunday lunch, you can't quite keep that a secret. Especially after how I ate before the surgery. So, my church family knows but they are all very supportive.

I only told my immediate family, my boss, and a very good friend. I felt it was no one else's business and didn't want them watching me under a microscope. My family, children and friend have been extremely supportive. I will deal with other people as need be.

My hubby, mom, daughters and best friend are the only one's who know. My feeling at this point in the journey is that as I lose weight, if folks ask, I'll simply tell them that I'm eating much smaller meals (which is true). This is a personal decision for me, by me. I'm a very open book to just a few trusted people. I'm careful how much of my personal life/thoughts that I share with folks in my community. If someone asks me if I've had WLS then I'll be truthful and tell them yes. But I seriously doubt if anyone will ask me that, since I'm not very close with very many people. However, once the weight comes off, my feelings may change, and I may want to be more open about it in order to encourage others who might be thinking about it.

I told everyone becuse I work in the hospital

I'm having it done at . I didn't want to but I did I d

Select few friends I have told. My mom only found out because she opened my approval letter from my insurance company. She hasn't said anything to me about it yet. (she just opened the letter yesterday.) I tried to tell my grandma and she told me it was a bad choice because there are other ways to lose weight, and of course I've done everything. We will see. I will be having surgery before July 16 so we will see who supports me and who doesn't.

I like to think I am an open book, but I ran into a major wall known as negativity as soon as I let my MOM in on my plans. Boy she did not take that the way i thought she would. I expected her to be understanding and supportive. Instead I was given a lot of grief first about having surgery and then second about choosing to do it in Mexico.

My Father turned out to be more supportive and is just carrying the normal worries a father would have over their daughter. He says he backs me 100%, just wants me to make it back home ( I'm assuming this is a normal fear for family members when one is taking the Mexico route)

I told my Aunt about my plans. She was the very first to actually know other than my Husband and kids and she was very supportive; mainly cause we talk very regularly and she knows my daily routines, and struggles with my trying and wanting to lose weight,

Over all, my husband and kids are my most supportive people backing me.

However despite the positive and supportive members that I do have, I have chosen to not tell anyone else until after the fact. The simple reason for this is the negativity can really eat at a person. I need to have the least amount of stress to be able to accomplish my goals. If I let those negative people in, or continue with the negative comments then it will eventually eat at me to the point of possible destruction. This is my life, my body, and I have to live in it and with it. No one can know what its like living as "You" but yourself.

I generally am a private, solitary person and keep most things to myself. That was to be my plan but my wife of course " who can't keep a secret" told her whole family which are known for the international grape vine. I really came close to saying the heck with it because of such trust issue and people in my affairs. I am still going through with it because I know in my position it really is a life or death issue.

Only told my husband and my best friens. Just thought it was nobody's busi ness really.It has worked well. Weight loss is down to a successful diet (my usual new year resolution) although some nasty minds at work keep reminding me that I had tried that many times in the past and usually put all the weight back by September :)

How rude of the people you work with! I do not understand people like that!

I'm another person who hasn't told many people, husband, son, daughter and two close friends. I didn't want to deal with any negativity or living under a microscope as people decided if I'm losing weight or not. A couple of months ago I started a low carb diet and my co-workers all think it was because I was having gall bladder and hernia surgery. I go back to work in a week and I'm sure they will notice a difference because I have lost about 16lbs since surgery. But, the ones I have been in contact with I have told that I'm having trouble tolerating food which can be common with gall bladder surgery too. Frankly, I don't think anyone would come straight out and ask me if I had WLS and I'm not going to volunteer it.