Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best Multivitamin Capsule With Iron?

I am one month out from surgery and looking for a good Multivitamin capsule with Iron?

My nutritionist says I could save on carbs by not doing the Celebrate chewables, but that it's important that I use a capsule, not a tablet. Also, I need to introduce some Iron, but not as a separate pill or chewable. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Seems like every store I go to have gummies (=carbs) or the big honking tablets that I only picture hurting when swallowing. Not opposed to liquid, but prefer the travel-ability of capsules. THANK YOU!

Is there a reason you don't want to do a chewable Vitamin like Centrum chewables? That's what I've been using since surgery and it's been working well for me.

Is there a reason you don't want to do a chewable Vitamin like Centrum chewables? That's what I've been using since surgery and it's been working well for me.

I just went out yesterday looking for these... I went to vitamine shoppe Walmart and walgreens and no Centrum chewables. =\ Where do you usually get yours from?

CVS is where I get mine.

Ok thanx, going to stop there after work to pick it up =)

I fibbed. I actually bought the CVS version of the Centrum chewables today. They have exactly the same Vitamins in them. :)

Yes, I'm trying to reduce my carbs and I don't care for the sweetness. The two chewables account for 4g of carbs in a single day. Add that to the calcium chews and Benefiber, and I'm already at 20-24g carbs or half of what I'm allowed in a day. They taste like SweetTart candies and get stuck in my teeth, not a big fan.

So,we can do pills now instead of chewable? I hate them! :/ I haven't takem my Calcium in a week,I just can't do it. It gags me now.

Its going to be hard to find a MV with a power packed amount of Iron if you are low like I am. I take an iron pill on the side with my Vita C each morning. 100 tabs of Iron was less than $5 at my local drug store. I use Centrum chewbales as my MV and I too take many gunnies for the other ones and chewable. For the great taste of the gummies I'll take the 8 carbs it has.

I am one month out from surgery and looking for a good Multivitamin capsule with Iron?

My nutritionist says I could save on carbs by not doing the Celebrate chewables, but that it's important that I use a capsule, not a tablet. Also, I need to introduce some Iron, but not as a separate pill or chewable. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Seems like every store I go to have gummies (=carbs) or the big honking tablets that I only picture hurting when swallowing. Not opposed to liquid, but prefer the travel-ability of capsules. THANK YOU!

I don't understand why a capsule. I'm using one a day petite with iron. Small enuf to swallow. Also Calcium is oscal lemon chiffon chewable...not too sweet...vit. d3 is from Kal 9chewable in either ppperming or cinnamon depending on IU amt...I threw out the gummies as soon as I was able. Tell me @ benefiber....cause gas???

My nutritionist said the capsule will prevent nausea and stomach upset since they tend to be gentler than the tablets. With the One-A-Day Petite w/Iron, you still have to take like 6-8 pills per day, correct? I'd like not to have nausea and that seems like a lot.

I use the Benefiber because I get easily constipated. Was that way before surgery, but was able to eat proper foods to get real Fiber back then. Without fruits, veggies, and whole grains, it's just ugly. But I see it as short term, just a weird diet I have to do to lose weight and then get back to proper nutrition.

My nutritionist said the capsule will prevent nausea and stomach upset since they tend to be gentler than the tablets. With the One-A-Day Petite w/Iron, you still have to take like 6-8 pills per day, correct? I'd like not to have nausea and that seems like a lot.

I use the Benefiber because I get easily constipated. Was that way before surgery, but was able to eat proper foods to get real Fiber back then. Without fruits, veggies, and whole grains, it's just ugly. But I see it as short term, just a weird diet I have to do to lose weight and then get back to proper nutrition.

No I take just 2 tablets of one a day...where'd u get the idea that u need 5 or 6? That gives a complete serving of Iron and the other 'junk' <grin>. My pcp is going to test my blood for Iron content in april....cuz I don't see me asbeing anemic. We're also going to test B12 because I don't believe they "cut away the part of the stomach where it gets absorbed".

Someone told me to stop listening to everything the surgeon says as if he were a god...even if he sees himself that way. I'm questioning everything. Dumb people never heard of shriataki noodles (made from tofu) and even tho they permit tofu on the diet, they came down yelling NO NOODLES at me...for a lousy 20 calories! No fat. Sheeeeesh. Can't wait to take up with the nutritionist. See, I don't think its possible to eat this way for a whole 6 months to a year and then expect the body to adjust to eating healthy (fruits and all veggies) and continue to lose weight. I think that's a bunch of hoo-ha...designed to keep the Vitamin people in cadillacs.

I read somewhere else someone mentioning the petite's and how to get enough in they had to take a lot. Maybe I misunderstood? I'll take another look at the store.

I had a hard times with Vitamins before surgery, most would flush right through me and I'd still have problematic labwork. Some doctors believed I didn't have enough stomach acid to properly absorb them then, so not sure what that means now. Before surgery, my B12 levels were in the danger zone for more than a year. Couldn't get enough from food and anytime I used the Vitamin form I'd get super jittery, a headache, and crash. I had to do my own injections at home for a few months until I couldn't muster up enough courage to do them anymore. I'd cry and panic about it for 30 minutes then jab my leg wrong and have a giant bruise for weeks. UGH!

I hear what you are saying. I'm reaching that place where I'm doing my own research and realizing my doctor is insane to want me to stay below 600 calories and "well below" 40g carbs for the next six months, then expect that I'll be able to "eat normally" ever again without problems. I think he's set on putting my body into a state of ketosis, which I'm not a fan of the long-term effects. I'm sure when I'm not losing enough they'll critique my judgement. I've already heard, "Well if you are doing everything like we tell you, you should be losing faster." Like I'm either lying and not doing what they're telling me, or something is wrong with me. They gave me this "bible" they told me to read over and over to memorize about what I'll do in each stage. Yet, when I follow it they tell me, "No, don't do that!!" Seriously. It's in THEIR BOOK and they're telling me it's wrong. Not sure how hard it is to get your facts straight and keep your stuff up-to-date. And they want me to journal and blog on their site, but I think it was made in 1999 for how outdated it is. Sorry, I just needed to vent a little I guess :angry:

Yup! Same deal here tho I never got a carb number...just a yell8ng NO CARBS...NO FAT... buncha baloney Grin.

What's their site? I had mine done at yale and pple who had RnY gthere get a nutritionist but not the sleeve people. For me he said he doesn't trust nuts!

I'm seeing on mid march ....can't wait.

I had mine done through Laparoscopic Associates of San Francisco. The site they want me to use is private, for "paying customers only." I get access to a registered nurse and a dietician. They're both nice, but the advice seems robotic. Like they forget who you are as a person, an individual. I feel like a heel when I tell them I would like to work in veggies like broccoli, spinach, tomatoes, asparagus, etc. and they are freaking out about the carbs. I mean, I'm being sensible and have a list plastered to my fridge of the lower carb veggie options. It's not like I can truly eat a full portion of it anyhow after I get in my 1-2oz of protein! The only Pasta I've had in the last 6 weeks is a single, little bite off a fork of my husband's cheese tortellini. I did not enjoy it that much, and ending up swallowing the cheese filling but spitting out the Pasta portion. They tell me they don't want me to eat something, have a bad reaction and then get food aversions. But what they don't see is that I'm slowly building aversions to the smell of broth, greek yogurt, tofu -- all the stuff they've had me eating for weeks now. I see more of a danger in eating the SAME THINGS over and over again. But then again, I have been lucky enough to not have a lot of food getting stuck and vomiting.

Thanks for listening!