Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gone For Good Club- August 2006

Poor dawg. I'm sorry you are in pain! Will this ease your discomfort?

I have lost 4.5 inches in the past month. Here's the stats from 7/17 to 8/17

waist 38 to 36.5

hips 45.5 to 44.5

abs 44.5 to 44

bust 42 to 41

arms 14 to 14

thighs 27 to 26.5

weight 182.6 to 179.0 (-3.2 pounds)

so, there ya go. Yippeeeeee!!! Not alot on the scale, but down in inches, for sure! Yay me? yay me!

(that didn't quite do it for ya, huh, dawg? well, grab the ice packs...) LOL

Anyone heard from Canada Sunshine? She hasn't been here in almost a week. Hope everything's ok. *frets*

Kathy.. lol.. if it didnt do anything for Dawg, it sure did sumpin for me! Go Kathy Go! Are you still doing Curves?

Kathy,

How kind of you to... erm cheer me up in such an unorthodox fashion :)

Actually you got a smile outa me (well - an eyelid crinkle) so it worked!

I don't measure month to month but... I have removed a total of 14 inches from my waist. I've also removed about 45 points from my IQ, but I'm not sure how I managed that.

Are you still doing Curves?

:lalala: *she's not talking to me* :lalala:

Ha ha, actually, I haven't given up Curves, just needed a bit of a break. I'll be getting back. My son starts preschool and I'll have a few mornings to go and not be away from my family in the evenings. No, I haven't been in 3 weeks, but I AM going back soon. I walked today, though. My sister gave me her MP3 player and I fiddled with it and got some music loaded.

So, think what those numbers might have looked like if I had actually met my cardio goals?!!!! O-KAY!!!! I'm going!!!!!!! LOL

With the wonderful advice of dear EmileeKaye, whom in which is always thoughtful and kind hearted, I did contact Locks of Love out of Lake Worth Florida and they need hair. 10inches in the minimum length and it has to be a lock ..not floor hair or strands. I'm glad my husband snipped it the right way. The hair is in the mail.

Thanks Emileekaye. I love the fact that they do this for children, www.locksoflove.com

P.S., still 165lbs, but maybe down soon.. I'm not worried.

*drops in to add*

Locks of love is such a wonderful cause. Makes you feel good to know your loss is someone elses gain. I've donated a few times, being in a podunk town it's a big deal and usually the donators get pictures in the paper. Congrats on that Telly :)

*skips away*

*trips*

Just a quick note to let you guys know that updates are coming.

I'm on holidays and internet connection is not always possible (or polite, lol) I will get my chance to sit down and catch up tonight, though.

Boy! What a week for all of us...

LOVE the new pics posted...

Hugs to all,

Sunshine

*drops in to add*

Locks of love is such a wonderful cause. Makes you feel good to know your loss is someone elses gain. I've donated a few times, being in a podunk town it's a big deal and usually the donators get pictures in the paper. Congrats on that Telly :)

*skips away*

*trips*

Hahahahaha... *watches Luna trip, rushes over ....sticks out her hand to help her up*

That's a cool cause. Gosh.. I don't know if I should keep growing hair to snip it away for them. Surely feels good.

Where has everyone gone? Summer vacation time?????

I have had the worst week food wise since I was banded but I'm over the naughty nibbles now and back on track to see where I can get to by my 6mth anniversary in September...at least drinking several rivers of Water each day is easier in this heat!

telly,

I will have to say that one of my fears is losing my hair with the weight loss but If I look anything like you do if I shaved my head, then my worries are over. You look sooooooo good!

Hello Everyone....

I guess I'll just bust right in.

I was banded this week and would love to join the GFG Club Challenge for next month. I find this site just amazingly helpful.

I'm 59 yo and checked out GBS a few years ago but just chickened out on it. It was simply too drastic for me. Irreversible...well, you know all the reasons people chose not to do it, even when it will save their lives. Soooo....when I went in recently to check it out again, the surgeon I wanted to use will not do GBS on anyone over 55 (harumph!) That's how I found Lap Band and boy am I glad I did.

As I said, I was banded this week. Two weeks liquid before band, four weeks liquid post band, so I'm dropping some lbs and bmi. I'm not sure what all the initials stand for - I'm sure I'll get up to speed - but here are my stats in my journey thus far:

257 Start Weight, 236 Current Weight, 41.5 Start BMI, 38.1 Current BMI

I look forward to getting to know you and to September's challenge.

Cheers,

Lyn

Hey Lyn, my dad was 70 years old when he was banded in April of this year. You're just a baby !!!!! Good Luck in your weight loss journey !

telly,

I will have to say that one of my fears is losing my hair with the weight loss but If I look anything like you do if I shaved my head, then my worries are over. You look sooooooo good!

Aww gee. Thank you. Losing hair is temporary unless it's a gradual Hair loss, hereditary/genetic kinda thing. I'm not worried. I'm glad my husband is warming up to me. He was in quite a bit of image shock of me.

Ali, glad you are back on track. It's normal to take a break from the craziness of working out and calorie counting. I have taken 2 days in a row breaks and it's helped me and my muscles heal. I've torn so much muscle doing what I do but I'm good now. Breaks are really good for you.

I hope everyone is enjoying their last few weeks of summer. I sure am.

Love you guys and I'll see you soon.

Been working on my belly lots. 400 crunches every other day and long bike rides.

TELLYBELLY82006.jpg

Glad to hear hubby is accepting the new you Telly! How could he not - you look awesome but I'm sure it was a change for him lol.....

I'm counting the days - one more week and I return to school and the kids go the day after I start -- where did the summer go?!

Hey Telly girl - woo hoo on the skinny belly!