Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My 24Th Day Just Ate Macaronni And Felt So Faint And Sweaty

macaroni, potatoes and chips? I'm sorry, but I gotta say it: Would you like some more starch with your starch?

Eat Protein first, then veggies and then if any room at all you can have a bite or two of healthy carbs. That's the basic plan anyway.

I use fitday.com

My plan allowed those things after day 22 but my sleeve was not ready, just like yours is probably not ready for Pasta & chips. I stuck to Protein shakes for all my Protein since I don't like yogurt or cottage cheese and I attempted to sample things like 1/2 ounce of grated cheese, 1/2 egg made into egg salad, ham salad etc for the fun of it.

When my sleeve was ready then I ate more real foods and less Protein Shakes. Now I drink a few shakes a week out of convenience but not because I have to. I hope this helps.

actually when i was faint and panicking my mother gave me a peice of chocolate and i felt so much better and thought that my sugar was low which made me faint . onion chips with low fat from marks and Spencer . I haven't eaten all day and i ate so slowly and chewed the food thoroughly before i swallowed it

I agree with everyone else... Your sleeve isn't ready.for so much starch. Protein first, veggies/fruit next, and if there's any room left a little bit of something else.

So, this may be a silly question but, pastas and potatoes and chips other similarly unhealthy foods are what got most of us into the positions we're in, so why after we've all been given an amazing opportunity and a 2nd chance to have a different type of life, would you go back to the things that got you here in the first place? I realize it's hard, we all realize it's hard, and we're all going through the same thing, but we all just underwent MAJOR surgery because we were tired of being unhealthy and overweight and everything else that goes along being that way. We have all made conscious decisions to change our lives and our lifestyles to facilitate change. Your sleeve is a tool, not a cure, and if you aren't using your tool wisely you may as well have not even gotten it.

We're all here for you, rooting for you and cheering you on, giving answers to questions you may think are silly, so please, use us! We want you to be successful! If nothing else we all have at least one thing in common, our sleeves, and that makes us like a brotherhood.

Hang in there friend, we're here for you!

That's a whole lot of carbs that your body isn't used to. Also, if you didn't boil the ever lovin' life out of the macaroni, it can tend to sit very heavy in the sleevel. I would recommend eating Protein first and if you want something else with it, then go for some carbs. Like with mashed potatoes, eat with a nice healthy cream of mushroom Soup as a gravy. Helps to keep them from sticking and gives some nutritional value.

A piece of chocolate? On top of the carb overload? ACK!

Don't go very long without eating. I eat so slowly that meals tend to blend together with short burst of crystal light in between. This morning I drank a Protein shake, then some egg drop Soup on the way to work. An hour at work and I had my cottage cheese. A hour after that a couple strawberries and then it was time for a lunch of sliced turkey with avocado and greek yogurt. I drove home and then had 3 oz of leftover lean part of a ribeye. On just over 600 calories and I got the requisite 70 grams of Protein in.

Seriously. Your sleeve is prime territory with no room for things with little or no nutritional value. Granted the ribeye is not the best choice because it is rather high fat even if you do cut all the visible fat out, but boy was it ever good.

Lean protein first like chicken breast, cottage cheese, fish without breading, shrimp no breading, scallops, tuna (not packed in oil, fresh ahi is best), salmon, Greek yogurt, etc.. About 2-3 oz. Cheese and Peanut Butter in small amounts. Drink lots and lots of Water.

You surgeon should have a nutritionist on staff. Give them a call.

Hamanyq8 - There are a lot of opinions and different plans out there for the first 8 weeks or so. And, you definitely hit on a trigger word "carbs". I may have been part of that with my post. Sorry, I didn't mean to be. I just know that when I have too much sugar at one time, my body lets me know it.

As long as you feel ok, I wouldn't worry too much about the carbs at this point. Many plans allow carbs such as mashed potatoes, purred mac-n-cheese, etc. It helps give an energy boost. Plus, we are only talking a few tablespoons or so - not like you are eating a whole bowl.

That first month or so, the most important thing is hydration. Keep your fluids going in as a priority. Then, work on introducing food back into your life. Take baby steps and learn to listen to your body. If I feel shaky, a great remedy for me is string cheese or a slice of meat.

Good luck - this too shall pass!