Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5/6 month stall...

Anyone eles going thru this platue period? I dont know whats going on am I done? I still have 50 pounds to go! I have not gained nor lost weight in 5/6 months...Most of that was fill/ to tight unfill...Fill to tight/ un fill and my last refill was in May around the 20th still nothing...

I have no idea whats going on and I'm getting crazy :(

Are your measurements, etc. changing? What's your calorie intake vs. BMR?

I had a 6 month stall on Atkins, then lost about 25 lbs in 2 weeks. *shrug* It sucked!

My size is not changing some days my tummy is pouchy others its flatter lol but I've not had any clothing or size changes ;)

I had stoped writing down my intake after a year of doing it. I guess I'll have to start using fitday again...

I have my meal can eat (example) 4 hot wings thats it, then like an hour later I'm hungry again. and if I try to wait until my next meal ( my Dr. says no snacking in between) then I get so hungry that I eat and it bounces right back up...

Also its not like this at every meal...Some times I can eat 6/7 wings my band is fickle.

So if I can eat between 4-7 wings at a meal and be STUFFED, and then an hour later be hungry again. Do I need a fill?

I'm scared of fills now because my last two were too tight and made me really sick and I had to get unfilled AND my ins dont pay anymore so its 175.00 each fill :D

I dont know if I need a fill or what is going on.

Thats why I was wondering if anyone eles was going thru this or have been thru this?

;) You're two years out. Are you noticing anything different with 'stop' signs? Unfortunately, that statistic about 'some' band patients only losing 50-60% is proving to be true. I've battled the fill/unfill thing now for the past year or more as well. :D

When was your last flouro or barium swallow? Have you had an EGD?

Nana, I have been back and forth about whether or not to fill...I have NOT filled. My last one was actually in October? November?

I have been logging my food on sparkpeople.com and I like it better than fitday. Plus, Wheetsin posted a link on a thread called "sucess" something...shucks, I'll see if I can scare it up or maybe she'll post a link here? *hint* and the info there was helpful.

Anyhow, before you do the fill/unfill thing, take a hard look at your intake. Calories, fat, carbs, protiens, all of it. Maybe you can make some changes? I did, and it got me below 180 finally! but I'm feeling stuck again...it's hard!

Here's the thread with Wheesin's link.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=21668

Are you noticing anything different with 'stop' signs?

I have gotten very skilled at eating past the stop sign, which is where a small fill would help me. At this point, I think I'd benefit from eating less meals and more Snacks all day long. I may try that? But even with not getting another fill, I'm sooo good at 1200 calories a day, it's easy to eat that little! so I'm not messing with a fill right now. ???

Nana,

I was stuck around 180 for over 4 months. I just assumed my body needed time to adjust and get used to my weight loss. Then I did a quick 28 pound loss - quick for me - 3 months. Now, I'm losing 2 pounds a month. I think my body is telling me that it needs to lose slow so I don't wrinkle so much (lol).

Our bads are fickle and are bodies are used to being fat so its a training and retraining thing.

I think you will lose the rest. Just hang in there, practice good habits, and if nothing else, move to Africa (it worked for me)....Celeste

LOL I dont think I'll be moving to Africa, I bet it is beautiful though!

I'm going to start writing down my intake again, and take it to my Dr to see what he thinks i should do...

I will give myself a few more weeks to collect my eatting journal and pay off a bit more of my fill balance lol, then I'll make an apt.