Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Telling People How Much I've Lost...means Admitting I Had That Much To Lose.

i looked at myself enough fat, to the point where folks called me vain, lol.

im still not sure how I will handle it,mi had one person who i shared that i was having surgery with for me to give them a b4 picture...lol, why!?! so u can co stantly remind me how bad, i looked.

u may feel the folks trying to calculate is low, but u automatically can calculater/estimate. i feel it's visible enough for them to ask, so it must be a lot

We all know that the surgery is not a guaranteed way to lose weight. It's a tool in the process. Maybe men look at it differently than women but I know how many miles I ran, biked and swam and also sore I was on some days. I lost the weight, not because of the surgery but the assistance of the surgery. That's why I own it. I'm proud of what I lost and those around me are proud of it also. Every one of my lost +200 lbs involved some sacrafice.

i think that its all the more reason not to mention, i got sleeved on Monday and see first hand now that its a lot of will power and work on ur own...

I like this thread but can honestly say I will need to think more about it. I have noticed I am more willing to share with some than others.

I did get annoyed when one person did decide to go "wow, you had to have surgery before you could loose any weight." Which was totaly inaccurate but I was like "whatever". She did this at my Mom's wake - some people, go figure...

I like this thread but can honestly say I will need to think more about it. I have noticed I am more willing to share with some than others.

I did get annoyed when one person did decide to go "wow, you had to have surgery before you could loose any weight." Which was totaly inaccurate but I was like "whatever". She did this at my Mom's wake - some people, go figure...

Gah! Some people! But that's right, just "whatever" those people. You're doing fantastic and those types just want to cut you off at your knees. Don't let them.

I don't care if people ask me how much I lost. I'm kinda shocked with my #'s. I can't believe I was that over weight. ;)

I tell most people. I don't use exact numbers. Now I say about 100 lbs., even though it is more. I have generally rounded it to the nearest big number. 25, 50, 60, 75.

I agree there are some people who ask in a rude way or just get on my nerves. For those, it's play it by ear. I generally still say how much I've lost anyway because I'm very proud of the hard work I've done. Also, I'm not one to reply to rudeness by being rude back. It just makes me feel worse if I do.

We tend to forget there are some people who have this operation and chose to not join a support group (online or in person) and who go back to bad eating habits ASAP and never get anywhere close to goal, but they are out there. Often people tell me, I know someone who had the operation, but they didn't lose like you did. And I have an acquaintance once removed who had the VSG and actually is the person who inspired me to find out more and get the operation myself who is in that boat. She never changed her eating habits. She may be able to eat less but she is drinking sweet drinks, eating crap food and not exercising. She is gaining weight back fast and will probaby be at her start weight in the next few months, just a couple of years after the surgery. So sad! But the point is, you have to work it to lose weight and that is something to be proud of!!

Lynda