Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Sleevers!

The old June compilation thread would not allow me to edit any longer it got too big, so i had to condense it, and I added new people to it - it's located here: http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/42535-updated-new-june-sleeve-compilation/

Yay Little bits' date=' congrats!!! Dad, how are you feeling? PEvette, I'm so glad I am not alone. I actually liked Muscle Milk and right now thinking about it makes me sick. I loved my Pure Protein 100% whey Frosty chocolate and I hated it so much I went 1-1/2 weeks without trying it again. I have had them two days in a row, while I don't LOVE them, I can at least tolerate them.

Thinking about the smell of chocolate does something gross to me tummy. I am craving tuna, Pickles, Tabasco, and I would be fine if it was all mixed together. I couldn't get in 3 tiny teaspoons of 1% cottage cheese smashed up today without my stomach feeling like it was rolling over on itself.

I'm bummed but one day I am going eat a pickle and tuna and slurp on some tabasco.[/quote']

Pure Protein r my fave too. Hope it's like that after surgery. Ordered a bunch of different sample packets. I will try them post op.

Mina' date='

Thanks for asking! I am at home doing pretty well. liquids are not a problem, pain is not much of a problem, and I am resting well.

Since I tend to be very wordy and like picture, I am blogging this on my blog, for anyone who is interested. The current post is part one (the surgery/recovery portion) of my transition over to the loser's bench. Part two will be how I am doing at home. Here is the address to go to: Officially-On-The-Losers-Bench-Part-1

Have a great evening!

Eric

Nice Eric! The drain was a piece of work. It literally took my my breath away. I was NOT happy. Anyway, my biggest obstacle now is getting rid of this metal mouth taste. It sucks!!!

Little Bits

Hi June Sleevers! I am 10 days out from having my surgery and I am feeling great. I have list 17 lbs. so far and di excited. I started at 239 operation day. I have 4 more data on liquids and onto to purée...any suggestions on meal options?

I think Puree stage is play it by ear. I'm 18 days out and I'm still on liquids and I see my surgeon next Wed. and I hope i get to pureed food. It's not about "meals" actually it's about finding something that goes down well. I have heard someone try Peanut Butter and two hours later it was horrible, also hummus.

Here is a list of ideas from my doctor's office. The only thing that actually looks doable to me is the tuna or mashed potatos, but everyone is different. I hope other's have a good idea of what works for them.

PUREED DIET - SUGGESTIONS AND EXAMPLES

Breakfast

1/4 cup high Protein cooked Cereal

1/4 cup pureed low sodium/low fat meat

1 chewable sugar-free complete Vitamin

Snack

1/2 cup pureed fruit

lunch

1/4 cup cottage cheese (lowfat)

1/4 cup pureed fruit

snack

1 cup High Protein shake

dinner

1/2 cup mashed potatoes with low fat gravy

1/2 cup broth

1 chewable sugar free complete vitamin

snack

1 sugar-free fudgiscle

This sample menu provides approximately 80 grams of Protein and 885 caloires - SIP Water throughout the day

------

High Protein Pureed Diet recipes

Cheeseburger

3 oz. lean chicken or turkey

1 slice fat-free cheese

2 tbs.p warm beef broth

1/2 hamburger bun

Cook meat and drain fat. Add all ingredients except broth to blender and puree on high. Gradually add broth to desired consistency

Yield 1 serving

Calories 309

Protein 27.0 grams

Chicken Stew

1 Cup chicken, cooked and cubed

1/4 cup rice, cooked

1/4 cup mixed vegetables, cooked

1/4 cup chicken broth

1/4 cup skim milk

1/4 cup nonfat dry milk

Blend together

Yield 3 servings

Calories (per serving) 120

Protein (per serving) 15.0 grams

Fish

4oz. Whitefish fillet

4 tsp. nonfat tarter sauce

Warm skim milk (as needed)

Cook fish by baking or broiling. Place fish and nonfat tarter sauce in blender. Puree on high speed. Gradually add milk to make mashed potato consistency.

Yield: 2 servings

Calories (per serving) 116

Protein (per serving) 15.0 grams

French Toast

1 slice frozen French Toast

"I can't believe it's not butter!" spray

3 tbsp. warm sugar-free syrup

Warm French toast according to package. Spray with I can't believe it's not butter. Cut into quarters. Place all ingredients in blender. Puree on high until smooth consistency is achieved.

Yield 1 serving

Calories: 171

Protein 4.0 grams

Grilled Cheese

1 slice whole wheat/high Fiber bread

2 slices fat-free American cheese

I can't believe its not butter spray

3 tbsp warm skim milk

Heat non-stick pan over medium heat. Spray one side of bread with I can't believe it's not butter side down on pan, top with cheese and heat until cheese melts and bread istoasted brown. Fold sandwich in half and cut into four pieces. Place in blender and puree on high, adding milk until smooth. Adjust the amount of milk used for thicker or thinner consistency.

Yield 1 serving

Calories 146

Protein: 12.0 grams

High Protein Breakfast Shake

1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt

1/4 cup skim milk

1/2 small banana

1/4 cup non-fat dry milk

Mix all ingredients together in blender

Yield 1 serving

Calories 125 per serving

Protein 12.0 grams per serving

High Protein Mashed Potatoes

2 tbsp mashed potato mix

1/2 cup hot skim milk

2 tbsp. nonfat dry milk

Mix nonfat dry mil with skim milk and heat to a boil. Add mashed potato mix. Mix well with a wire wisk. Mix thickens as it stands

Use Butter buds or fat-free gravy to add flavor

Yield 1 serving

Calories 148

Protein 10.0 grams

Chicken/Fish/Turkey

4oz meat cooked

6 tbsp. low fat gravy

Chop meat into small pieces, blend on high speed, gradually adding gravy until desired consistency

Yield 2 servings

Calories (per serving) 126

Protein (per serving) 16.0 grams

Tuna salad

1 6 oz. can light tuna in spring Water, drained

2 tbsp. fat-free Miracle Whip

1tsp mustard

1/2 tsp. onion powder

1/4 tsp. celery salt

Add all ingredients to blender. Puree on high until smooth. Refrigerate

Note: May substitute canned chicken for tuna

Yield: 3 servings

Calories (per serving): 60

Protein (per serving) 11.0 grams

Ok I have a question for all those that have already been sleeved. When did you start your Vitamins?

Sorry posted twice

I started the optisource Vitamin 4 times a day the first day I came home from the hospital. It would take me a long time to get it down and it was dry and hard to get through, but it got easier. I just started the Biotin 10 days out (because those are bigger) and I was not given the green light to start those, but I have fine hair. I started the sublingual B12's a few days after I came home.

I have NOT started back on my Glucosamine Chondritan for my severe joint damage and my flaxseed oil which I use because I have Narrow Angle Glaucoma and Glaucoma and Cataracts at the age of 48 and Flaxseed Oil helps with the moisture in the eyes and it has the same properties as Omega 3. I will ask Surgeon at my next appointment June 27th when I can start taking those.

Hi June Sleevers! I am 10 days out from having my surgery and I am feeling great. I have list 17 lbs. so far and di excited. I started at 239 operation day. I have 4 more data on liquids and onto to purée...any suggestions on meal options?

I was sleeved on the 4th. I was to begin softs- eggs, cheeses, Peanut Butter, yogurt, cottage cheese, milk, soy milk- this past Monday. I am having such a hard time getting my fluids in that my doc wants me to add another Protein shake to the 1 I'm already doing and just work on my fluids. He says to try stuff as I feel up to it. Laughing cow cheese wedge and a mozzarella cheese stick have gone down okay. Took forever to eat tho. I just tried a taste or two of Peanut Butter and so far so good. Completely creamy Soups seem to be alright. Have to go very slow w/those tho.

Monday, I can add tuna, canned chicken, Beans, fish, seafood, nuts. Not sure. I'm looking forward to tuna. Hope it goes well! LOL!

Ok I have a question for all those that have already been sleeved. When did you start your Vitamins?

I was told to re-start everything 5 days out. Everything I have is chewable. I've heard others say they started right away while others were told to wait longer than I was.