Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking For A Colorado (Denver Metro) Support Group

Anyone in the area? Would really love some support, other than my mom and my therapist :blush5:.

Had my surgery Jan 3rd of this year (in Mexico) and would like to meet others in the area going through the ups and downs of post-op life.

Email me if you're in the area.

Thanks!

Hi there! A pueblo Colorado sleever here, my surgery date was Dec 21st. I'm not so great with my phone app so please contact me if you would like :)

Hi SLG,

Greetings from Denver :)

I found a group near my house that meets every 2nd Monday of the month. I've only gone once but hope to continue going. And I found another in Thornton that meets every 3rd Wed, so I'll check that one out next week.

Are there any groups down in Pueblo for you? How has life been since surgery? I've been at a stall for a few weeks now which is driving me CRAZY but I have to have faith that it will pass once I get out and start walking, riding my bike, etc. And eating more Protein.

Nice to hear from another Colorado Sleever!!

I am here in Denver and I am going to have my sleeve done in Jan in Mexico as well. I would love to have a support group about this. My family is not as supportive as I wish they were. Mom and Dad great support but my hubsand and his family not so much. I am very close to Thornton and would love to join a support group. Please let me know where. Thanks terrapin

Hi spainter. Welcome.

Who is your surgeon in MX? I was with Dr. Kelly...no complaints whatsoever....except crossing the border back to the states...pain in the a#$.

Ok. So I found two local groups that allow anyone to come (and you can bring friends, family, etc if you choose). The first one is at Rose Medical Center in Denver and the second is at North Suburban in Thornton. I went to Rose last week and the people/facilitator were great. And I'll go to North Suburban this Wednesday and see if I like it. Here's the detailed info:

Rose @ 4545 E 9th #650

2nd Monday every month 6:30 pm

North Suburban's Basement Classrooms 6 pm - 7:30 pm

3rd Wednesday of every month

Hope this helps. And I'm sorry you're not getting the support you need from your in-laws. Not everyone is going to be open to something like this. But at least you do have some support. And I think the groups will only add to that support.

Keep in touch....

Thankl u so much I am going to TJ just south of San Diego to see Dr Agresua. Everything that I have ready has been great so I am getting excited I just want to meet with people who have had it done and really ask a bunch of questions so I know that I am making the right decision. I have set an appt with a thearpest to help through all of this as well I think that may help to.

Where in Denver are you located? I'm just off Colorado and Mississippi. If you wanted to meet for coffee or something let me know. Or, I definitely encourage you to check out one of the support groups. And that's great that you have a therapist. I would have recommended mine if you didn't already have one :)

I am from Dacono and would love to get together with other Colorado sleevers. I had my surgery in August of 2011. Still working on reaching my goal and trying to keep my positive outlook even when the scale doesn't seem to move. It would be great to share the ups and downs of this journey with someone local.

Dawnr, I am also in Dacono and would love to hear about your journey. I am looking to have my surger at the begining of the year and just am trying to get all of the research down before i go. please email me at spainter2009@gmail.com and maybe we can get together and have a cup of tea or something. Thanks sarah

I had my sleeve Feb 21st. 2012. and am pretty happy so far. I work for Kaiser who has support groups but my work schedule doesn't allow me to go at this time. I am hoping to go sometime soon though. In the mean time, I am looking for support and friends on here.

ReformedBBW: Not sure your schedule but the support group at Rose on the second Monday of the month is great if you can make it.

I'm in Aurora - I had surgery in Mexico in January. I don't do the support groups - I have in th past but didn't really get anything from them. i think mainly because it was for all surgery types and the majority of the people in there just kept asking when they could start eating cake or ice cream or candy again. I just eventually got up and walked out - I'm not saying they're all like this - obviously they're not. Wouldn't mind getting together for coffee with someone local in the area though!

I agree if everyone is concentrating on when they can eat all the ice cream cake etc it isnt very helpful...There are some things we all need to try to eleminate from our diets. It doesn't mean we can never have them but they should not be a focus for us any longer. We need help with eating thw right things and being supportive with motivation etc. Keep in touch if you want to work on this together. Congradulations on your progress and keep up the good work.

I'm scheduled at ft Carson in the springs for may 14! Love to connect with you guys.

I'm scheduled at ft Carson in the springs for may 14! Love to connect with you guys.

awesome! I'm not far away - in Aurora - about 45 minutes from Carson!