Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's Girl Scout Cookie Season....aaarrrrgggghhh!

Well, well. Here we are again, at Girl Scout cookie month. I have enough problems on my own, without those little girls standing in front of Wal-mart's and convenience stores everywhere, tempting me with those little gems that are now $3.50 per box. My faves are Peanut Butter sandwich, and heaven help me....the thin mints.

Now....I decided yesterday that I was going to participate in LilMissDiva's back to basics bootcamp. After the holidays, I knew that I needed to get back on track. Oddly enough, I don't Celebrate the holidays, but there's always tons and tons of carbs around. And being the carboholic that I am, I definitely did my share of 'tasting'. But I digress....

So my first day of bootcamp yesterday was great! Very easy. Today, I find that I'm now fighting those carb demons that are beckoning to me. But I'm stronger than they are....as long as I don't go anywhere near a Wal-mart, or a convenience store. At one point, I thought it may be a good idea for my grandaughter to join the girl scouts. My daughter said that I only wanted her to do that, because of the Cookies. I'm soooooooo glad that I was voted down. That being said.....is anyone else struggling with those little February darlings/demons :angel_smile: that come in the form of Caramel delights; Tag-Alongs; Thin Mints; etc?

The funny thing is I was heading into Wal-mart yesterday and there was a youth church group out front selling baked goodies. It was not even girl scout cookie time yet, here where I live.

My favs are the samoas. Last year I avoided them like the plague. This year hoping to steer clear again. Seeing as I am just getting back on track from the holidays.

Well, I have a little Girl Scout in the family so, not only did I have to buy a bunch, but I took her out to sell and help others in the sinful delight. To top it all off, my wife volunteered to do the cookie pick-up and distribution to the scouts. In less than two weeks, I am going to have HUNDREDS of those boxes in my house. (My daughter sold like 130 boxes alone) I'm not even going to try to kid myself ... of course I'm going to be all over those. I better up my exercise now.

Hey, I didn't get this sleeve so I couldn't sin anymore! (But I also didn't get it so I could sin ... )

I like 'em, especially those thin mints. But between my husband and I, we don't need them. So we just said no this year.

After this surgery, which is (I feel) my last chance for success, I just don't view sweets as an option anymore.

ahhh, luckily I am not a cookie girl :-) If people came to my door selling chips and dip I would be in trouble!

Oh Pdxman....I feel for you! I don't know what I would do if there were all those Cookies around me. I'm trying hard to put things into perspective, in that I can no longer eat an entire box, and not bat an eye. But while I'm in 'bootcamp', I want to eliminate my carb intake. And like you, I opted to have the sleeve because I like the idea of being able to have a cookie or a slice of cheesecake. My problem comes in because I am such a carboholic, and I know it. And now that I'm not giving my body those carbs, it's extremely unhappy. I'm going to do my best to take a page out of Amanda's book, and just say 'NO'. If I can quit smoking, I know that I can do this! But there are days that I want to eat 3 boxes of cookies, and smoke 2 cartons of cigs. :embaressed_smile: But I didn't come this far to turn back now!

I wish you all the best!

my favorites are thin mints, tagalongs and samoas. Im sure i will eventually have a cookie or too, because i am happy with one cookie. I bought one of those little containers of Honey Teddy grahams, it took me 4 days to even open them and i am probably only eating 4 Cookies every few days. I just dont eat them anymore. I have worked hard to curb my cravings and not even sweet little girls peddling the most delicious cookies ever will make me binge :-)

The great thing about the sleeve, though, is that you can't eat 3 boxes of Cookies. I'm guessing I will be able to eat about two of those thin mints, judging from my other cookie intake ability, and feel the restriction. I can do that and not feel bad.

Now, if I have a glass of milk with them, then look out. I'm sure I could do some real damage, but I am pretty faithful about not drinking and eating at the same time.

PdxMan - I am in the same boat. My daughter has sold a ton of boxes and they are sitting in my office, waiting to be delivered. When they first came in I quickly delivered as many as possible but we have some relatives that we don't see often and they are there in the boxes for when we see them... I won't lie and say that I haven't had any but I am doing my best to hold off. I do love the thin mints! Good luck to you!

yeah 2 Cookies arent going to kill us. Isnt that why we did this? So we can have a dang cookie when we want to? There is no way i am going to be able to go through my life and not eat cookies lol. We just have a different relationship now. Instead of going steady we date casually :boxing_smiley:

We had two different groups of scouts at the door, both daughters of friends so we try to be helpful. What we do, however, is freeze them or I bring them to work. Then I can push them on my co-workers instead of eating them myself. Although I still get hungry, I have successfuly avoided all the sugar. My kids and wife will eat the Cookies but they don't have the "control" issues that I had prior to being sleeved....

Good luck, stay firm. When you only get to eat a little, you better make sure your calories count.

yeah 2 Cookies arent going to kill us. Isnt that why we did this? So we can have a dang cookie when we want to? There is no way i am going to be able to go through my life and not eat Cookies lol. We just have a different relationship now. Instead of going steady we date casually :boxing_smiley:

Problem is that some of us wanted them too often, and didn't stop at two.

Not to derail a relatively light-hearted subject too terribly much, and this is just me, but I've been around the block enough to never say that this is the last time I will be fat. There are always going to be ways to do it.

So, not only am I not dating casually, I will not even dance with the cookies.

I do plan on having sweets again, someday, maybe a few bites while out, and if it is a really decadent treat. But I am not bringing stockpiles of them into the house, especially with my unsleeved, relatively normal sized, yet bingeing husband! I end up watching him eat the whole box, apparently not really tasting them, and then he regrets it and pisses and moans later!

We do have a half gallon of no sugar added chocolate ice cream, which is not getting too much attention. I wonder what's up with that?

apw0 - - - this is where self control comes into play. . . be strong girl, afterall isn't the cookie your enemy? Fight girl, fight. . . goodness hon, a cookie or two aint goina kill you! I don't know bout you, but i'm livin my life really well now. . and lovin every minute of it! good luck! Those nasty little cookies! Guess I'm lucky at this point, don't like GG Cookies

Thank you sooooooo much!! Yes, Cookies are my enemy. Notice that it's plural. I can never stop at just one. But I'm determined to do it this time. I have to! When I think about all that I've been through in the past year, even prior to my surgery, I can't give up now. Like you, I'm loving life. I'm not where I want to be, granted, but I certainly don't want to go back to the starting line. I know I can do this. They are just so darn good! But I am going to fight, and I refuse to let those little chocolate covered demons take me to the dark side!!

Thanks to everyone for posting. I love the encouragement that you have all given to me. It has really made all the difference.

Annette

I'm so glad I no longer crave sweets or I would not be able to help myself when I come in contact with these. When I was a Brownie, I'd get my mom to order a ton and then eat most of them.