Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help For The Dreaded Facial Hair?

I am having laser done and love it! I bought a Groupon for six treatments! Well worth it!

Okay, sorry to sound naive, but what is an epilator?

Also, does anyone else have this crazy fear of something awful happening to where you end up in the hospital and wake up with a full mustache and beard? LOL, I know that sounds crazy, but I have actually had nightmares about this.

I have!!! I told my daughters they better tweeze or shave me if I ever am unable to lol

Oh, thank goodness I am not the only one! And yes, I have had the same conversation with my daughter as well, lol.

Sent from my iPad using VST

wow im glad i found this post. this runs in my family and unfortunately its been something i struggle with all my life. my mom actually introduced me to the electrolosis. it worked for her. not for me. she ended up BURNING my face. so i just went back to shaving EWW everyday, i recently broke out with ingrown hairs and decided to go with threading. until my face clears up then ill be starting the threading. laser sounds 2 expensive and my doctor wants me to get blood work done for PCOS before presribing vaniqua thanks for posting!!

Before you pay slot of money for anything,think about this, you will have to let your hair grow out and enough wants that. I use the tweezee. It cost 15 bucks ,uses 2 ASSs batteries. I take the plastic shield off when I use it cause I want to get those just new hairs that are coming in. I use it in the mornings, cause you know they grow fast. You don't even have to look when you do it, just dance across your face, chin,neck until you don't feel any more and skin is smooth. They are made good and I am 52 and have been plucking since 15 or so, I have never shaved this area, I have waxed, dyed white, and threaded, I think this is the best thing to use, its gets ALL hairs except a few stubborn or ingrown hairs, then I would pluck. Hope this helps, Google tweezes.

I bought the silk'n sens flash & go and it is amazing!!! I've been using on my face and neck and see an improvement in a few treatments. I started out on level 5 (the highest) it doesn't hurt!!!! Hard to believe!!!

I had Patches on my chin and neck that looked like a 5 o clock shadow(stupid pcos) and this has been a godsend! I treated my sisters face once and she has already seen an improvement!

I was skeptical but it really works!

I did laser hair removal. Best money I've ever spent! ..........Ever! I'm waiting for the sleeve to trump it

I would love to do laser removal. I hope sometime this coming year to do it. For now (on my face/chin) I use this one - http://www.emjoi.com/detail/EMJ+AP-9PB

It works really good, and I also use it on my arms. It works really good, but yes it hurts A LOT, no way around it. BUT, after a few minutes you sort of get numb to the pain. A draw back for some (besides the pain) is your hair has to be long enough to grab. I don't have a problem because my hair grows FAST on my chin and the ones that don't, I just tweeze.

Like other posters have commented, I've told my daughters don't ever let me sit in a hospital or nursing home with a full out mustache and beard cause I will come back and haunt you ! LOL I hope by the time I am that age I will have already been able to afford the laser, I know the prices are coming down.

The things we have to go through...SMH ... now I wish the hair on my HEAD would grow as heartily as the hair on my face! :D :D :D :D :D

this emoji thing seems really cool. i went to get my prescription today and my dr called in vaniqa!!! i transferred the prescription to Walmart and its 79.99. ill try out the vaniqa and hopefully ill see some results. some people say emoji hurts but then some say it doesnt. oh well ive gone through everything so i can deal with the pain. thanks ladies!!!!!!

Just reading this made me go get my tweezers!! I also have instructed my daughter, as my mother taught me, to tweeze if I'm ever incapable!

Also, has anyone noticed as we get older our eyebrows get out of control now too? I mean seriously, some of them hairs get really long. I am having to spend a lot more time maintaining them than I used to.

Sent from my iPad using VST