Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help For The Dreaded Facial Hair?

Has anyone tried that new Olay cream hair remover?

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Hey ladies. I recently discovered threading. The lady I go to does an awesome job and it lasts around 4 weeks. I do touch ups but that's just the neurotic part of me from having the hair growth for so long. Maybe that would help?

Threading is a new term to me. Can you explain please?

I keep a lighted magnifying mirror on my dresser with a pair of tweezers next to it. It is just the right height. I look for stray hairs just about everyday. Once a week, I shave with a razor.

I prefer to wax myself. I have a wax pot like at the salon. I buy the sticks and the papers and wax all my hairy face parts at home! It's awesome and saves a ton of money. I used to pay $50 every two weeks to get waxed. Way better than plucking and less expensive than a laser'

Oh man I had a horrible wax experience, I bought the professional kit from Sally's and one day wanted to wax my upper lip, Im not sure if I put to much on or what but when I pulled the strip it ended up taking a little layer of skin off by the corner of my lip and it ended up looking like a cold sore for 2 weeks lmao

I purchased a No No and it really sucked. It also burned the hair and boy did that stink. It was a waste of money. ;)

The No No is a NO GO, imho ;)

I was thinking about buying the new Brazilian Honey Nair product. I use regular Nair for my beard as I call it. I alternate between waxing (OUCH) and using nair. It helps cut on costs as waxing hurts like heck. I have been doing it for years and it still hurts! The nair gives me a little more time between waxing.

As a woman of color I'm scared of lasers and scarring, Although I have several friends who attest to it, I'm always the weirdo that has every reaction possible to a new procedure. I'm too chicken.

Vaniqua? I've never heard of, but I'm definitely going to inquire about it with my DERM. Thanks ladies.

My Derm gave me a prescription for Vaniqa, but ins won't cover it... you can get it the cheapest through drugstore.com, but it's still $65-100...

I tried the Vaniqua, and didn't see much of a difference. It is definitely expensive. But, that was about four years ago that I tried it. Has anyone had success with it recently?

Sent from my iPad using VST

Threading is a new term to me. Can you explain please?

So I have never had threading done but I have seen it done. They take a piece of string and roll it across those hairy areas (really cool to watch) and it pulls the hair out but the good thing is that it is quick and lasts a good amount of time. I have only heard great things!

I wonder what the pain level with threading is compared to plucking and waxing.

Sent from my iPad using VST

I have sensitive skin and it made me very red and I had tiny bumps. But I stress my skin is very sensitive. I'm sure this is not the norm. Other than that, it was amazing. My eyebrows never looked better.

waxing works for me, I have pcos so i've been waxing for years, its painful but if you go every month the results are worth it....treading bruises my skin, and it hurts more..

I only have a hair problem on my chin. I always had a few stray hairs but I swear after huge doses of steroids due to a really bad infection years ago that I now have a full-on goatee (no mustache, thank god).

I've tried a little bit of everything. I have one of those mini-trimmers. You can just buy one at the drugstore for much cheaper than $15 plus SH, just to try it. I think I got mine for $6 at Big Lots. It doesn't get my chin nearly as smooth as a regular razor, but I don't like that either. Upon the recommendation of a friend I tried electrolysis a few years ago but it was too much of an expense. The woman said it could take 6-12 months before there's a huge difference and you pay for minute. It could have cost me upwards of $60-120/month, depending on how often I wanted to do it. However, it is permanent, unlike lasers and waxing. She also educated me about the different types of hair removal. She said waxing and lasers actually promotes more Hair growth since you are pulling it out at the root. Shaving or trimming is about the only thing that doesn't stimulate more hair growth.

That being said, if I can stand to let it grow to 1/4-1/2 inch I prefer to wax it at home. I can't remember the brand but it's from Sally's. It's called tweezeless wax, I think. You don't use strips, you just peel the wax off with your fingers. It's not as painful, I think. I use the kind for sensitive skin and I may see a few red spots immediately after but no major side effects.

I only have a hair problem on my chin. I always had a few stray hairs but I swear after huge doses of steroids due to a really bad infection years ago that I now have a full-on goatee (no mustache, thank god).

I've tried a little bit of everything. I have one of those mini-trimmers. You can just buy one at the drugstore for much cheaper than $15 plus SH, just to try it. I think I got mine for $6 at Big Lots. It doesn't get my chin nearly as smooth as a regular razor, but I don't like that either. Upon the recommendation of a friend I tried electrolysis a few years ago but it was too much of an expense. The woman said it could take 6-12 months before there's a huge difference and you pay for minute. It could have cost me upwards of $60-120/month, depending on how often I wanted to do it. However, it is permanent, unlike lasers and waxing. She also educated me about the different types of hair removal. She said waxing and lasers actually promotes more Hair growth since you are pulling it out at the root. Shaving or trimming is about the only thing that doesn't stimulate more hair growth.

That being said, if I can stand to let it grow to 1/4-1/2 inch I prefer to wax it at home. I can't remember the brand but it's from Sally's. It's called tweezeless wax, I think. You don't use strips, you just peel the wax off with your fingers. It's not as painful, I think. I use the kind for sensitive skin and I may see a few red spots immediately after but no major side effects.

I will have to check that wax out, it sounds awesome, Im not good with the regular wax lol