Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

Hi

My name is Ellen and I live in Mt. Vernon. I have not had the sergery yeat still talking to Dr's and getting Info. Jest wandering if there is any one close by. I have lots of questions. I have a consoltaion visit with my Fanily dr on friday and am not shure what to ask.

Thanks

Ellen

:cheeky :cheeky :cheeky :cheeky

P.S. sarry about the spelling

I live in Renton, Wa and have been banded for 8 weeks. I can try to answer your questions but also go to the general forum and look around there is a wealth of information there. It's nice that there are beginning to be quite a few of us talking here in Washington. I found this questionaire online a while back. Being a well-informed patient is good for you and good for your doctor. Here are some of the questions you should ask before deciding on a bariatric surgeon:

·What types of obesity surgery procedures have you performed?

·How many of each weight loss procedure have you performed?

·Can this surgery be performed using minimally invasive techniques?

·Can I be considered a candidate for surgery even though I have one or more associated health conditions related to my obesity?

·Which weight loss procedure is best for me? Why? What are the risks involved?

·How long will I be in surgery?

·What is the length of my anticipated hospital stay?

·How long will it be before I can return to pre-surgery levels of activity?

·How will my eating habit change?

·Do you have information about obesity surgery costs and payment options?

·What is the typical excess weight loss and improvement of associated health conditions for your other patients?

·Do you have patients who are willing to share their experiences, both positive and negative?

·What information can you give me to help family and friends better understand this surgery?

·What type of long-term, after-care services (such as support groups and counseling) can you provide for me?

·What do you expect from me if I decide to choose a surgical solution?

Hope this helps. :D

:D Well the dr. appointment Friday went grate! She suggested that I get more information on the surgeon that I am interested in using. Dos anyone have any info on Dr. Rrumbaut In Monterrey Mexico? I need to know the Good Bad and the ugly?

I’m glad to here that there are people in my aria, maybe we could from a grope sometime, thanks for all the help and thanks for the question list .

Ellen

Guest jessg

Burlington, WA! Right across the river. I am scheduled for surgery in France (only $8000!) in October. Glad to hear from someone local!

Jessie

I'm in Mill Creek. I had my surgery last November by a surgeon down in Shelton. I've lost 85 lbs, and my BMI has dropped from 50.7 to 36. I've had a wonderful experience, and if I had the choice to make all over again, I would do it again IN A HEARTBEAT!

Originally posted by jessg

Burlington, WA! Right across the river. I am scheduled for surgery in France (only $8000!) in October. Glad to hear from someone local!

Jessie

Jessie

Good Luck with your surgery. I haven't got a schuled date (money Problems) but I am shooting for the end of September in Mexico. Glad to hear there close

Ellen :)

Guest kate

.hi ---kate here. i live in shoreline wa. am off to mex tonite and do not have dr. for post care here. am realizing it would have been smart to have arranged this much earlier. am eager to catch up with locals in our area who have done banding. if you have any suggestions--i'm open. thanks. kate

Hi Ellen

I live in Sedro Woolley. I had my band placed on Nov.19th 2004 in Mexico by Dr. Ortiz. I went to seminar at Dr. Fox's office and he works closely with Dr. Rumbaut and will set everything up for u. I did alot of research and decided that he was to far from home for me. I wanted to be able to drive there if I had to.

Dr. Ortiz is a proctor surgeon by the Iname Co. that makes the band. He has taught many Doctor in the U.S to place the band and has been doing the surgery much longer than U.S. doctors. When I met him and his staff they were just as nice as everyone had said. I paid $9,500 and that included everything but the flight and that runs about 200.00. They us the Lucerna hotel in Tj Mexico and it is very nice. My surgery and recovery was a piece of cake. I am going back on thursday to take my best friend down to have surgery and Im getting my first fill.

His web site is www.obesitycontrolcenter.com if you want all the info. Maybe we could get together sometime with everybody from our area for coffee.

LisaWA

Guest kate

hi i am kate from seattle and was banded in mexico yesterday and will return home mon. my discomfort is from a giant belly full of air. any suggestions? what do you take for minor pain? thanks a million.

From reading other posts, it seems that Gas-x works as well as Mylicon drops works well for gas pains. If you can, I would check with your doc or nursing staff to see what they recommend.

BTW Kate, I grew up in the Shoreline Area!

Good luck and have a safe trip home

Hi! I am Lisa Natarajan and was banded on Dec 8, 2004 at the Wish Center in Renton, WA. I live in Redmond and would love to get together for coffee, walking and/or chat with others who live in the area!

Lisa

229/209/135ish