Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

OK...I've got to gripe...SHOLDER PAIN!!! :welldoneclap:

I'm so sick of it! I'm beginning to think that I'm going to have sholder pain every time I eat. I'm taking gasX and walking, and that helps, but Friday PM I was walking up and down my block in so much pain I couldn't speak, the pain from the surgery was easy compaired to this. I'm finding myself holding back on eating and drinking because the gas/sholder pain that follows, I have to force myself to drink my protiens and fluids. Did anyone else have the gas/sholder pain that didn't resolve shortly after surgery? Did it eventually go away?

OK...done venting now...I do fell quite good otherwise! :success1:

Hi guys. I have my surgery date. June 18th. Two weeks!! I gave up on insurance....I'll be self pay. I start the diet today.

I picked up a few items last night....new t's with shelf bras so I won't have to wear one, Gas-X, liquid tylenol for ADULTS!, Tucks. I am trying to compile a list of stuff.

Everything is gellin' together.......

I'd be interested in any gatherings in Silverdale area.

*** FYI there will be a new FillcenterUSA opening in Poulsbo, WA.***

Don't forget the heating pad! I suggest setting up a tv tray beside your bed and a pitcher with ice Water so you don't have to get up too often of maneuver the stairs if you have 'em.

Don't forget the heating pad! I suggest setting up a tv tray beside your bed and a pitcher with ice Water so you don't have to get up too often of maneuver the stairs if you have 'em.

Anyone know if the meeting at St. Josephs is on for tonight? Are you guys going?

Thanks Pinenut! Yes I do have stairs...but I have a very capable hubby too! :welldoneclap:

Pinenut...

Wendy & I are going to St Joes Support group tonight. My name is Sue & I'll be in a fushia shirt & clack pants. I'll look for you!

Hi there all, got another fill today. Just .4 oz. Trying to break the little plateau I'm at. Poor Dr. Hirai had to poke me like 4 times to find the center of the port. The last time he got it right away. Ick. I don't feel much different, but, then I'm only taking liquids.

Wendy, how far off are you from a fill? Another week? I can't remember. Are you hanging in? Popcycles and Jello are good to keep you full.

Sue, how are you? Is the gas any better? How was the meeting tonite? Did you get to meet Pinenut?

I have been listing my really big clothes on ebay and they're selling! Woo hoo! So, I got some new capris tonite - size 16-18! yah! and some cheap tops -1X!. Didn't want to spend much if I'm only going to wear them a couple months. It's tough, cause I LOVE clothes. But next year I can buy some nice things and wear them for a long time. Can't bring myself to sell my really nice skirts. I think I will just add elastic to the waists for now.

OK, going to bed.

Merrillee

Mer - I don't get a fill until the 25th. I could of got one on the 18th but since I was leaving town they didn't want to do it till I got back soooo I am waiting an extra week. I started doing some pureed foods this week. I went to the support group with Sue and the nutritionists said we should be having at least 800 calories. I think part of my problem was just not getting enough and my body going into starvation mode. We'll see. Sue and I are going to try and walk around 1pm if you want to come.

Pinenut - missed you tonight at the support group. You are going to have to come so we can meet!

Pinenut...

Ya, we missed you, were hoping to meet you last night. Maybe at the next meeting in 2 weeks if not before. I am finding the meetings helpful. It's great to have access to a nutritionist for questions and meeting people that are in the same place I am is sooooo good for my emotional progress.

Mer...

Thanks for asking, still working on the gas. Gets pretty bad by the evening, I end up walking/pacing until I can finally burp. I feel like a baby with my fussy time in the evening!

We need to walk SOON!

PS...Wendy sent me the email flyer you sent out. I love the clothes, it must be really fun to design and sew them! We (my kids & I) had a good belly laugh at the picture of your "happy" boy...lol...lol...lol

Hi girls.....Yippee, I'm down a pound. Walking sounds great. Where are you thinking? And 1 is fine. Let me know.

Merrillee

Hello everyone,

I had my final pre-op this am so now I'm cleared to go for surgery. YEAH!!! One week from today. It still seems so far away but I know that it will go fast.

I'm going to have to have my gall bladder out at the same time. So glad I don't have to have it out first then wait til later for the band. Some docs make you do that I guess.

I'm on day 4 of Clear Liquids. Not too bad. The Protein Shakes really help with the hunger. The only really bad part is that they put me on Augmentin yesterday for a throat, sinus, ear and eye infection. YUCK. The Augmentin is pretty hard on your tummy so the Pharmacist told me to take it with food - hah!!! I've taken it with my Protein shakes and so far so good. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Glad to hear that everyone is doing great.

:faint:OK - feel absolutely terrible. I have cheated twice now on my pre-op diet. I'm just so hungry now. I had 5 bites of my daughters mac and cheese (which happens to be one of my favorite foods) and I had a special k Breakfast bar last night - YIKES!!!! Did anyone else have trouble with this total clear liquid diet ahead of time? I feel so bad.

:help:

I hope everyone else is doing well.

Dawndeb,

Hang in there, you'll be fine. I promise. It's not easy to stay the course on that darn pre-op. SO, now forgive yourself and continue on. You haven't ruined anything. Just remember that the better you do, the easier the surgery will be on you and your LIVER. That's really what the pre-op is for...to de-fat your liver so it is easier to move aside when they do the band. Just go on, now. Chug down tons of sugar free popcycles, Jello, broth, etc.

Take care,

Merrillee

Thanks Merrillee for the words of encouragement. I'm going to try drinking a lot more and also not waiting till I'm starving for the Protein Shakes.< /p>

<p>dawned, I am embarrased to say I did not follow a pre op diet AT ALL! I know, I know, but I was ok and just had my first fill. Remember the better you follow the pre op diet the more you will lose, I was banded 04-26-07 and have only lost 8 pounds and I think that was all lost on the POST op diet.</p>

anyone in or near Everett? PSSC?