Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

Merrillee - Sounds like you are ready for mushies. . . .maybe to much Water and crystal lite? When do you get to expand your fluids into opaque land? We were talking about meeting at the Auburn mall so nbjen could come too. does that work for you? we could have a catchy name like the 'Ohs goes gang' or something. Sue and I also meet in University Place down on Grandview where the new golf course is going in to walk. They have a great place to walk and are opening a 2.5 mile walk that goes above the golf course and down along the Water. It was absolutley gorgeous today! Are you walking? How did you add that ticker?

Hey there,

Meeting up at the Auburn mall sounds great! YES! Any day is good. Set it up and I'll be there!

And, yes, I walk and walk. We went antiquing yesterday in downtown Olympia in the bit of rain. It was fun. Stopped for coffee and a potty break. Did really well.

The ticker? HMMMM.. I think if you click on someone else's it takes you to the site where you can make one. After you pick the different elements it gives you a code you can copy and paste to your signature here.

Merrillee

Hey everyone!! I have not been on this board for a while...being so busy with work and everything! I find that keeping busy makes me think less about food!! My name is Jennifer and I had surgery on 4/3/07 by Dr. Oh...same as Merilee...she is my banding buddy! As of my last visit with the Dr. I had lost 31 pounds and I go in on April 30 for my first fill and I CAN HARDLY WAIT!! :-) Anyway, just thought I would stop in and say hello! Hope everyone has a great week!

Jennifer

Im from Kent - not banded yet but seeing Dr Srikanth in Federal Way. He's great! Im excited and nervous to get this done. Im still in the preop testing phase and waiting to hear from insurance. Im fairly sure they're covering it.

Jena - lucky you if you have insurance, welcome to the Washington bandetts (so far no men folk have shown up since I've been here) Hopefully the process will go quickly for you.<br /> <br /> Jennifer - Merrillee has mentioned you I think. Are you going to be there in the afternoon? I'm at Dr.Ohs in the morning. You've lost a lot already, that's great! You must be doing everything right. <br /> <br /> Merrillee - I have walked 7 days in a row. That's some record for me. I have to keep up the motivation. <br /> <br /> How about Thursday April 26th at the Auburn mall. Is the carosel still there? How about on the food court side of the carosel at 10am? Does that work for people? I think that is in front of Cinnabons which is torture for those of you already banded or on pre-ops so if you want to pick a different place just let me know. I'm pretty sure I'm spelling carosel wrong but I don't see a spell check on this thing.

hi guys! I have to change the time on the Auburn mall meet-up. I just heard from the nurse that I have to be at St. Francis from 6:30-12:00 for pre-op tests on Thursday and then I have my psych test after that so Thursday is out for me.

Friday works for me. No appointments. Can anyone meet on Friday? Monday the 30th works around noon or Wednesday the 2nd is open. I just got hammered with appointments this morning so my window of opportunity is greatly narrowed.

Who will be there and what will you look like. I could just ask everyone who is overweight if they are here to meet the bansters group but someone might get offended.

Let me know!

Hi all,

Friday is good for me. Monday I have my first fill at 2:30, so not sure I can make it, unless I leave at 2:00. Tuesday the 2nd is fine for me, too.

GEEZ, I guess we have to say what we look like......Blonde and chubby.....anyone else?

Mer

Friday works best for me too cuz I'm pretty slow movin on Monday mornings. Spending way to much time on here instead of walking and doing housework. This is sooooo much more fun!

I'm blond and chubby too! I'm also 5'10'' so you can see me a long way away! I looked at Mer's info and saw a picture, nice smile. you look like someone I will enjoy getting to know.

Anyone else coming? It will be fun!

I have pre-ops on Friday starting at 6:30am...yikes...God made it dark for a reason...we're supposed to be sleeping!

I have no idea how late the tests will run, but I could pop down the hill to Auburn if I'm done. I think I get my paperwork on Wed., might have a better idea then.

Nice ticker Wenjea!

hey! where is everyone? It's been real quiet on here lately.

Sue - I finally got my walking in at 8:15 tonight at the YMCA . . . 1/2 hour on the eliptical runner w/arms. My legs felt like jelly when I got off.

Mer - if you and I are the only ones meeting up on Friday, we should meet closer to home.

Anyone want to meet-up with Merrillee and me on Friday April 27th?

hey! where is everyone? It's been real quiet on here lately.

Sue - I finally got my walking in at 8:15 tonight at the YMCA . . . 1/2 hour on the eliptical runner w/arms. My legs felt like jelly when I got off.

Mer - if you and I are the only ones meeting up on Friday, we should meet closer to home.

Anyone want to meet-up with Merrillee and me on Friday April 27th?

Hi Wendy,

Wish I could meet up with you guys but hopefully by the time you meet I'll be all done! Maybe next time! Good job on the elliptical, we have a gym at work and I love the elliptical. My goal is to use it on my lunch breaks since I've been having Protein drinks for lunch anyways, I can drink that at my desk and then use it for my lunch break.

I'm down two more pounds this morning. I was getting worried because the scale didn't move yesterday morning.

Well I'm off to drink a Protein shake and then I'm going to preschool with my kids because it's special lady's week so they get to serve me a snack!! Hmmmm, just thought about that, I'm not eating food!! Great! Oh well maybe I'll just move it around on my plate and give it to them to eat.

Have fun at your meeting :nervous

nbjen - Friday is almost here for you!! Has the liquid been that bad? Two days till lapband land, I bet you are excited! Let us know how it goes. When you recover we will meet up. Good luck and God Speed . . . .

Jenn or Jena - you guys feel like a meet-up on Friday?

nbjen - Friday is almost here for you!! Has the liquid been that bad? Two days till lapband land, I bet you are excited! Let us know how it goes. When you recover we will meet up. Good luck and God Speed . . . .

Jenn or Jena - you guys feel like a meet-up on Friday?

Yes, I'm trying not to get too worked up about going under anethesia.... I did have my gallbladder removed 2 1/2 years ago so I'm hoping that the recovery is close to that! I plan on returning to work on Wednesday. Now I just want to get it over with. The liquid diet has been bad at times, I just really want some food. I called my Dr's office and asked if I could have some baked chicken breast and they said no. As long as I keep up on the Protein drinks I seem to do okay. In fact now that I talked about food, I'm hungry. I am drinking about 4 Protein Drinks a day + broth. My Doctor said to drink as needed to keep hunger away so that's what I'm doing. SF popsicles are ok and then lots of Water and crystal light. I'm stil a month out from even mushies so it's sooooo hard! But I want to have the best results from surgery so I have to keep going.

Thanks for the well wishes! Much appreciated! :clap2:

nbjen - I can't remember if you have Dr. Oh or not. I had my nutrition class today and then I went to Vitalady for my Vitamins and Protein drink. I really was not all that excited about the Protein. I had a hard time finding one I liked. Three shakes a day is going to be hard for me.

It seems like we are on liquids a long time with the two weeks pre-op and 4 weeks post-op. I have read some of these other threads that sound like they are on mushies in two weeks with just a few days of pre-op. Not fair! I just keep telling myself it will make a big difference in the amount of weight we lose at the beginning, which is a good jump start.

Thanks for the tips on pre-op liquids. I have one week before I start it. Good luck on Friday . . . I'll be thinking of you.

HI,

I was at Dr. Oh's today with a friend, and talked to a couple people about Friday at Auburn....I think they are from UP so if we want to meet over in Tacoma it's good for me....I will just have to let them know as well.

Merrillee

Yes, I'm trying not to get too worked up about going under anethesia.... I did have my gallbladder removed 2 1/2 years ago so I'm hoping that the recovery is close to that! I plan on returning to work on Wednesday. Now I just want to get it over with.

Hey babe,

It's going to be fine.... I promise. I had my gallbladder out a couple years ago too and this is about the same, if not easier. I can't believe how good I feel now. Energy and weight loss. The anesthesia was a breeze. The best I've ever had it. I forget, are you with Dr. OH? Can't remember. Anyway. the hospital was fab and all the nurses are fantastic. Two more days! You go girl!

Merrillee