Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

Hi I'm Erica, I was banding 9/30/05 by Dr Neal. I live in Bothell, and commute to Bellevue for work!!! I would love to meet local bandsters. :) Message me, tell me how your doing!

Hi erica i am in Longview and i was banded by Dr Neal aug 17 05. I am down about 55lbs how are you doing? my email is ajack2813@yahoo.com or you can call me at 360-957-3466 i would love to talk to other dr neal pts

I am looking forward to my first fill - I just haven't scheduled it yet. Does anyone know a fill Doc who takes MX patients? Apparently a Dr. Neal fill costs $150 and I'm not sure if he will take me or not. Does he have fluoroscopy up and running yet? Does he require an expensive "orientation"?

I am looking (surprise, surprise) for a skilled, yet cheap doc less than 3 hours away. I am in Kitsap County.

Any Idears? I would appreciate some help 'cause I'm lost. Feel free to PM or email me at either Hotmail or Yahoo. My username is my address.

:noidea: Thanks much, Brenda

Hi everyone, I was banded 10 months ago in Chicago, but now live in Sumner Wa. I been having my filled done in SWLC in Tacoma. I very close in reaching my 100 weight lost mark.I need 5 pounds. I still need another 35 pounds to reach my goal. I really don't know anyone here in Washington or any one thats been banded. I wouldn't mind corresponsing with anyone who need support or has any question.

Rose

4/4/5

245/150/115

Hi,

My name is marguerite, I'm in Olympia. I was banded on11/14/05 I've lost 52lbs since! Its the best thing ever,please feel free toask any questions you might have. Best of luck to you! :couch2:

Hello Everyone, and I am from Bonney Lake, WA. I Have not yet had the surgery, currently just gathering information and looking for a great doctor. I am thinking I may do it in Mexico, or maybe local just not sure yet.

Take care all of you and good luck!

Hello Everyone, and I am from Bonney Lake, WA. I Have not yet had the surgery, currently just gathering information and looking for a great doctor. I am thinking I may do it in Mexico, or maybe local just not sure yet.

Take care all of you and good luck!

Hi, I'm in Olympia and was banded in Mexicali Mexico on January 12, 2006. I don't see anyone so far that's down my way, anyone out there in the Olympia area?

My Doctor was Dr. Aceves and I have nothing but good things to say about him and his staff. I've been hoping to find some local bandsters that I could get together with once in a while. If there is any interest out there in the South Puget Sound area let me know!

Hi Maria, welcome!

If you do decide to do the surgery locally, I'll throw in a recommendation for NWWLS. And a second recommendation that you avoid a center that primarily does gastric bypass. Try to find a surgeon / bariatric center that specializes in LapBand.

I assume you're looking at Mexico because you're self-pay. I'm sure the bandsters on the board will help you pick a good one -- there's lots of good advice. Where will you get your fills afterwards? Plan on 3-5 fills the first year, at least, and add that cost on to the Mexico cost to make sure you can afford it. Sometimes US docs charge exorbitant prices for fills/aftercare for people banded in Mexico, so make sure you find a local fill doctor before you leave and make sure they are clear about what they charge for patients that were banded in Mexico. If it's too expensive, I hear some people do fly back down to Mexico when they need fills -- there are some great deals on plane fares if taking a day off work isn't an issue.

Best wishes on choosing a doc!

Hey Dawn,

I wouldn't mind a little drive to Olympia once in a while, or maybe a midpoint like Tacoma. My best friend is in Vancouver and has been banded for a couple years now. Olympia is in the middle, if Peg and I ever get our act together maybe we could have a "band party" over SF/FF Coffees...

Brenda

for those of you in olympia area go to pacsurgical.com and they have forums for past, future and present patients. they also do fills for people who have had surgery elsewhere

Hello, from Graham washington, I have my first appointment with Dr. Srikanth on March 8th @ the Surgical Weight Loss Clinic. I am looking forward to this day! I will be a self pay as the insurance company will not cover weight loss, hey! but if I was smoker or drinker they could help with that addicition..I just don't get it. Looking forward to talk or banding with others in the NW.

Hello All,

I am appealing my insurance denial. Anyone out there in the same boat? I can't wait to have my surgery.

Hi! I have been talking with Dr. Neal and his gals. He will do fills if you have been banded elsewhere. Evidently he just has new x-ray to do fills with! Call his office in Olympia at Pacific Surgical!