Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

phyllser..i bet you feel a hundred times better when you get your knees replaced. and you are much braver than me to get into the Water. i still can't bring myself to get into a swimsuit and go out around people.

lbprincess...welcome!!!

well i had to go in for a slight unfill. my band seemed to have gotten really tight a few weeks ago, and never loosened up. I was ahving heartburn/acid issues and was having a upset stomach for several hours in the morning. had a small amount taken out..and naciousness is now gone and so far seems like acid issue it too...upside was lost 15 pounds in last 7 weeks total and have only a little under 40 more to go before i am at goal.

well i had to go in for a slight unfill. my band seemed to have gotten really tight a few weeks ago, and never loosened up. I was ahving heartburn/acid issues and was having a upset stomach for several hours in the morning. had a small amount taken out..and naciousness is now gone and so far seems like acid issue it too...upside was lost 15 pounds in last 7 weeks total and have only a little under 40 more to go before i am at goal.

Hi there, I was snooping in on your NW site and this post caught my eye. I recently had my 3rd fill, was going along great, then bam: Everything went very tight. About a month after my fill, I don't know why. I can't eat hardly anything, and am having real trouble with liquids. It's 104 here in Boise so I need to be able to drink! Did your doc. have any insights as to why this happens?

i notice i get really tight a week before my period starts and usually loosens back up some when i start. for some reason it didnt completely this time. The nurse didnt say why. I think i might have been a touch to tight to begin with and maybe irritated my stomach some. I didnt want to risk it once the heart burn and acid reflux issues started. i didnt get much taken out. its only been a few days, im waiting to see if i will start getting alot hungrier than i was before the unfill

Hello, I am in Marysville. We are neighbors

Hello, I am in Marysville. We are neighbors

I'm in Everett, technically, but Lake Stevens area... by Albertson's & Target.... Hwy 9 & Market Pl

I'm in Monroe~ Where did you all get your bands?

I'm in Monroe~ Where did you all get your bands?

I was already on Medicare when I had my surgery, so I had to go to a doctor who took Medicare patients and who did his surgeries at an approved "Center of Excellence". Only one I could find in the state who didn't have a long waiting list... like 3 years... was Dr. Hunter in Federal Way. He does his surgeries at Virginia Mason in Seattle. Only down part of that was getting discharged at 4 pm (same day) and having to drive home to Everett in rush hour traffic... took TWO hours!

Did they pay 100% of it? Northwest weight loss surgery does Medicare paitents out of Evergreen, but they still have to pay $8300.00 to the Dr.

I was lucky- I had Aetna at the time and I only had to pay $880.00 OOP

Did they pay 100% of it? Northwest weight loss surgery does Medicare paitents out of Evergreen, but they still have to pay $8300.00 to the Dr. I was lucky- I had Aetna at the time and I only had to pay $880.00 OOP

Only $200 of Dr bill wasn't covered. I was told I'd have to pay the dietitian consult, but I was never billed for it. Have Tricare for Life as secondary and they must have paid that.

That is so great. I love my band... I don't know what I would do without it. It has helped me get back to being me again.

Hey everyone, I'm here on Whidbey Island. I was recently banded on the 3rd of August at Swedish Medical Center in Seattle. I just wanted to introduce myself and maybe find some support.

In unincorporated Mill Creek, wishing this silly plateau would get over itself. 3#/wk steady and now zero for two weeks. Really, just two pounds to get firmly below 270 would please me. :confused:

Any good restaurant suggestions? Outback's been terrific with steak and broccoli, and Blazing Onion's chili has served my lunches well (and a lot of it for the price), but I'd like to venture back into ethnic cuisine without being served a mound of rice with a hint of meat.< /p>

In unincorporated Mill Creek, wishing this silly plateau would get over itself. 3#/wk steady and now zero for two weeks. Really, just two pounds to get firmly below 270 would please me. :)

Any good restaurant suggestions? Outback's been terrific with steak and broccoli, and Blazing Onion's chili has served my lunches well (and a lot of it for the price), but I'd like to venture back into ethnic cuisine without being served a mound of rice with a hint of meat.< /p>

Hi. I also had my band done by dr bock. Your only the 2nd other one i have come across on lapband.talk.

I like getting pork teryaki minus the rice and add extra veggies, or will go to a thai place and get the chicken curry and have them add tofu and extra veggies so kinda like a stew. I dont do to well with beef all the time. I have also found it very hard to eat out cause its so hard to find something i am sure i can eat without any probs.

how long have you been at a standstill with weight loss? I havent run across that yet. I loose slow and pretty steady, not loosing as much a month as i did in past but tend to loose something each month.

oh and my weight loss doesnt show up every week, ill weight the same for a couple weeks and then all of a sudden drop a few pounds. also for eating out...sushi is great just get is sashmi style.