Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kansas City Area Sleevers?

I do attend a church that would probably let us meet there or my husband and I also own a building but both are in Pleasant Hill. I think twice a month would be good to have meetings. I can do Saturdays, but the morning would usually be harder for me.

I would love to get a group together for meetings though. I figure I wlll need some advice from others that have been through the things I will be going through. :blink:

I live in Pleasant Hill too and had thought about meeting at a restaurant that might have a separate room that we could book ahead. Saturday mornings good with me. Will Saturdays work for most everyone? Also, once a month? Twice? Those of you that want to meet, please respond if Saturday mornings would work once a month.

The only place in town ( P Hill ) that has a separate room is Sam's Place. I believe they are more of a bar, so they probably don't have Breakfast hours. Lee's Summit would have more options in that area. I can do Saturday. Is it allowable to have our spouse attend with us ?

If you want to meet where you don't have to be around food, I have a space we could meet at in Pleasant hill.

It would be great if there could be a meeting in Lawrence, KS? Maybe once a week or every 2 weeks.

We used to do roaming meetings to help with the way the KC area is so spread out. For a while we met at a different house each month, and then it switched to a different restaurant each month. Weekends were tough b/c of family comittments. I think we ended up settling on Thu evenings (I think - this was a while ago).

I asked a patient of Dr. Malley's this weekend and she told me his support groups are still open to the public as far as she knows, she hasn't been in a few months though.

If you're looking for a place to meet, you might want to try one of the libraries. There's a group in STJ that meets at the public library there, and I know our library where I live offers meeting rooms up to public interest, non-political groups for free. Or at least they used to.

Best of luck. :)

I don't know how I missed this thread before. I live in Independence. I'd love to meet with some of you. Lee's Summit works for me any evening or Saturday. Did you guys ever set something up?

I would love to meet up with some of you, but I would just have to see what the schedule is like. With kids in school, sports, other groups I belong to, me going to the gym and working full-time, my "free time" is not so available. BUT, if I knew the schedule, then I could drop by if I had open time. Just let me know what you all work out and I will try to attend.

I called Malley's Surgical today and was told the support group is open to the public. She said there are several patients there who did not have surgery with Malley and specifically several vsg folks. They meet at 10 am the second Saturday of every month. The address is 10787 Nall Ave., Suite 100. Overland Park.

Hi i had mine in Olathe ks. Looking for more support groups we meet once a month. My fitness pal name is tamara1965

I called Malley's Surgical today and was told the support group is open to the public. She said there are several patients there who did not have surgery with Malley and specifically several vsg folks. They meet at 10 am the second Saturday of every month. The address is 10787 Nall Ave., Suite 100. Overland Park.

Thanks so much for finding this out for us. I think I might try and make that in August.

That said, it seems like there are a few peeps in the SE Metro, one in the NE Metro, and Lawrence. Did I miss anyone?

I would offer my house if I could, but it's tiny and not much in the way of seating. I don't think either of my local libraries (in LS) have rooms to rent. I've been doing some googling and am having a hard time finding a space around here.

The Big Bisquit restaurant on highway 7 in Blue Springs has a meeting room for free. Do not have to eat there but there are healthy choices. So, what about a morning meeting on a Saturday in August? Or lunch? I will make arrangements if those of you that might be intererested will pick one of the dates below that could work for you.

Saturday, August 18, 9 or 9:30 am

Saturday, August 25, 9 or 9:30 am

Let's get something going! Tomorrow is August 1 so let me hear from you by August 5th and I will make arrangements. Thanks all, Lisa

Either one of those dates would be great for me. 9:30 is better but I'm flexible and would love to meet some of you guys. Hopefully we can get together.

I was just sleeved on Thursday of this week. No food for me for a few weeks yet but I would love to meet up with all of you. I am thinking the third or fourth Sat. Of month would work better for me with just having surgery.

Hi' date=' you are so excited and full of anticipation. We had Dr. Hoehn from Shawnee Mission Bariatrics. We feel that he was a wonderful choice for us. Husband has lost about 60 and me 45. Next week will be 2 months out. Are you having the sleeve?[/quote']

I have the same surgeon!! Im a September sleever(:

Lisa, are we gonna try to meet this Saturday, the 18th? Let me know if you can arrange it, I will be there.