Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am so pissed!!

Sammee -- forget people like this........you'll get over it and have a chit-eating grin on your face when you recover from PS - and wow the world!

You know, if this person is doing this on a WLS site, it seems to me they may be a troll. I did not even know what one was until this thread: http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=19059&page=3

Some people really do thrive off the fact that they have upset you. DON'T give them the satisfaction. Read the link above and all will become clear. This was a troll causing trouble, not someone looking for support or giving it.

Can I just say :wow2: at your weight loss. I only hope to be as successful one day. Keep your chin up and don't let these kind of trolls get you down. You have better things to do with your time!!!

GREAT. Glad to hear your feeling better. :biggrin1: You deserve to be happy, wait you deserve to be thrilled!! I would be with much weight loss.

You know... so what if it is an easy way out? Does that make the outcome any less valid? Does it have to be "the old fashioned way" to count? Is a size 8 somehow not a size 8 if you got there with the band? If you have to somehow "earn your stripes", I'd say the trauma of surgery, discomfort of healing, and pain of stuck foods pretty much earns them.

You know, there's the old fashioned way. And it's called "old" for a reason -- because there are such things as progress and technology and advances. Medical advances, like the band. I could lose the weight the old fashioned way. I did it. Twice. And it came back each time. I'm proud of my band. I'm proud I found in myself the courage to have my first surgery, voluntarily. I'm proud that I'm losing the weight for good. 90 something percent of the people doing it "the old fashioned" way aren't. So maybe this is the easy way, but maybe it's also the smart way.

And BTW, I don't think it's the easy way. And I don't buy into "earning your stripes" - except for one scenario - men who want to become women. On some level, I just think you have to go through cramps and realizing you don't have any more tampons on the day you wear white shorts before you can call yourself a woman. :heh:

And BTW, I don't think it's the easy way. And I don't buy into "earning your stripes" - except for one scenario - men who want to become women. On some level, I just think you have to go through cramps and realizing you don't have any more tampons on the day you wear white shorts before you can call yourself a woman. :heh:

That was way too funny!!!!!:rockon:

I think the best advice so far was Tricia's. Hold your head high in knowing that you made the best decision for YOU. Clearly you've been very successful-and congrats by the way. By responding, you only incite more hostility and it's possible that confrontation or conflict is what this person is actually looking for. Some people kind of get off on it. Don't give her/him that power over you, knowing that they stirred you up. You're better than that. Take a deep breath, let him/her live with their own decisions. We all struggle, WLS or not. Live and let live, I guess.

I think this comes right back to the morals of being a glutton. One of the 7 deadly sins, gluttony. If we are a glutton, then we are beyond redemption, at least for most people.

I had a guy put me down for having lapband surgery. Screw him. I'm not thin yet, but I have better chance than he does. Then, my "friend" mentioned that I'm looking thinner but wrinkled. I'm 59 and I'm not nearly as wrinkled as she is. I will be happy to be wrinkled when I've lost enough weight. I have no idea why people do this, but you just have to ignore them. Some people are just so anxious to be critical. If I were you, I'd try not to see that woman. Boy, I am seriously proud of you for losing 157 pounds. I've only lost 24 and I'm 3 months out from surgery. But I'm hanging in there and I will lose the 70 pounds I need to lose. Let us know how the stomach surgery goes.

Sammee, first, I read your stats and YOU'RE MY HERO!

I'm banding Aug 9th and am excited and ready to go to work, but somewhere in the back of my brain is the doubt that against all stats and research, somehow this won't work for me. It's not rational or reasonable, but it's that part of the brain that says rediculous things like "don't get your hopes up and you'll avoid disappointment" Well my hopes are up and stats like yours keep me going!

Second, about your troll, I think Jack put it most elequently. There are those people out there who's only happiness is to point to others and say 'hey, at least I'm not as bad off as that person is". At what point in your life; at what stage in your health, do you say,"OK, this is the only life I've got. Time to get out the big guns and do everything I can to make it the life I've always wanted" I say that time is 'just as soon an humanly possible.' Hopefully your troll will reach that realization soon. 'Cause life is more fun in the sun, and we all know what happens to trolls in the sun!

I think seabreeze hit the nail on the head. Life zips by. I watch my daughters growing up sooo quickly and I don't want to miss out on one more thing with them due to my weight and insecurities about my weight.

I look at all my family members who are all overweight and they all blame themselves for it. Well maybe it is our fault or maybe its genetics.... who cares?!! Im going to fix it. Ive tried 5 bizillion diets. Ive lost weight 5 bizillion times. Ive gained back more weight everyone of those times!! So much for the 'old fashioned' way.

Im on to bigger and better things in my life. I don't want my weight to weigh my mind down any longer. And I don't feel the need to get the approval of others about it! If they don't like it they can buzz off.

Im on to bigger and better things in my life. I don't want my weight to weigh my mind down any longer. And I don't feel the need to get the approval of others about it! If they don't like it they can buzz off.

Best post in this thread!

Nice job and Congratulations.

yah i agree .. i told my cuz that i had lost 10 pounds and she was like "yah i lost 10 pounds and i don't have the band thingy " i wanted to cry..

Which is why I'm not telling anyone but my closest and most trusted friends. I get banded 8/16 and 5 people know.

When I decided to have this surgery I asked around this forum whether people told or didn't tell others about their surgery. It ran about 5 to 1, against telling. And what happened to you Sammeee is the main reason people gave for not telling. Mean spirited people who want to rain on your parade.

Ignore ignorant people. They're clearly jealous of your success.