Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nervous About Mexico

I am not sure where you got your info on Dr Almanza.....I have 2 friends that had Dr Almanza and they never had any problems or infections. I would have probably used him but I could not book with him at the time that I was looking at having my surgery. I did check out Dr Garcia and I can say that I am so very happy that I went with him, his surgical team and Hospital MI.< /p>

I do not like it when people post in the boards things about doctors such as leaks, infections and deaths....yes I said deaths. If someone asks me in private what my research turns up I will be very specific what I have learned about a specific doctor but I do not spread that information to everyone on a board. I think that all of these doctors have special attributes and they all have faults.....just my personal opinion not to drag them through the gutter in public.

Capt Derel,

Really? If saying a "caveman can do it" isn't downplaying the surgery I don't know what is! I'm sure my surgeon as well as all the others would take offense to that statement.

Well Capt, perhaps you also think a caveman could navagate a ship? Oh wait, maybe that's what happened to the Costa Concordia?

Cavemen these days, they just aren't what they use to be. I wouldn't trust one to do my surgery.

I've been researching revision in Mexico. Aceves seems to be excellent. One thing I know is NOT to use Almanza. Too many leaks and infections have come out of his "hospital"!

Really? You KNOW this? I'd like to know how you KNOW this. Did you have surgery there? Did someone you actually physically know have surgery there? Yeah. I thought not.

If you're going to post something negative about a doctor, be able to back it up with actual facts. This board is for people to find out facts about doctors, not to play a middle school game of telephone to spread rumors.

Well said.....we are here to help each other and not to drag doctors down or push our doctors. Granted we have all had good experiences but then I am sure there are some that are not as happy as others. And I assume that those on this board are not being paid by any doctor to promote their practices. I for one would recommend my doctor as I am sure the rest of you would. You will find tons of information on this site and you have to take the good with the bad but if we all talk about our positive experiences it helps those who will follow us on this journey.

I think people need to talk about their personal bad experiences. However, I heard from a friend about a friend of their friend who knew this guy, who said that they knew someone is NOT an experience. Its a load of crap. So let's keep the crap to a minimum, shall we? :)

Costa loss power. It has zdrive motors. No power no steering. Plus captains dont drive ships anyways. They have wheelman which are classified as Ablebodied seaman with rating part of a navigational watch or third mates.

Captains are held responsible in any event. So in equation that would be a cna preforming the surgery while the doc watches.

Strange aint it lmao

Newest update on the Costa. They were showboating By getting closer than authorized to the island when they had an electrical fault. LoL

Yeah I get up to the minute updates from Gcaptain.

(null)