Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gonna Get To Goal. Wanna Join Me?

GT: thank you for letting us know how your doing.....I hope your looking into a free clinic somewhere.....Nausea doesn't sound good and the right shoulder blade pain is worrisome........Sending you healing energy your way...... HUGS! :)

I have pain in what I assume is my stomach pouch or maybe just below it? about 20 minutes after I eat. This is a new development and scares me and is what makes me think maybe small bowel obstruction, or some horrible development with my pyloric valve? Also, regardless of the consistency of what I eat, I can feel every single meal travel through my intestines until the ... end.

Any advice or wisdom would be appreciated.

Wow. Get thou to a clinic girl! Could be an ulcer or something!

I get a pain under my left rib... but usually it is when I am sitting around all day... I think it is actually my rib smooshing my guts or something. Perhaps scar tissue-adhesion....

How ya doing GT? Any updates?

Hey GT, hope you are feeling better... have you been to see someone about the pains? Are they still with you? Hope you are well, I have been thinking about you...x

just thought I would post a little update.

Things have been a lil difficult just lately, and I really haven't been feeling myself at all. I haven't posted much lately, I have been around, just reading. Sometimes I think that due to not being at goal my opinion/experience isn't needed or wanted as there seems to be soooo much focus on getting to goal. So now, at well over 2yrs post op, I am starting to feel like a failure again. I can't believe that it has been nearly a year since I started this thread and in that time I still can't get rid of the last bit of weight. Feelings of frustration and anger are returning and I realise that this isn't healthy or warranted as I have done well, but I can't seem to control them at the moment. I suppose I should just be grateful for the achievements and progress I have made and quit moaning?! But you know me by now... I just can't seem to let go!

I really don't know what to do?

Nothing changes the scale readings; I don't lose regardless of what I eat or how I move. Whether I go to the gym or stay at home; if I eat just Protein or vary it. The same numbers are bouncing up and down and up and down...

My bloods came back all clear - no deficiency at all, all in the good range - no thyroid or B12 issues as I had expected. Bitter sweet results to be honest. I am pleased that I am in good health but confused as to why I feel so bad all the time. My hormones levels have dropped and I am now 'in the menopause' as opposed to peri - my doc said that basically 'my ovaries have packed up!' Hmmm, no **** Sherlock! He offered me anti depressants, which I declined. I am not depressed, down in the dumps maybe but not enough to take medication for, not yet anyway. He offered me HRT which I have tried with no success and I don't want to go there again, not at the moment anyway. So basically, there is nothing the doc can do for me at this moment in time.

Although my sleep patterns have gotten better, I am still not resting properly when I go to bed... I still wake at least once during the night. Same with my sweats, they have gotten better also (I started adding flax seeds to my food - read that it helped the sweats on line somewhere and seems to be helping) but I still get them.

I think this is the main cause of me not feeling to great - no quality of rest/sleep; hot sweats that I can't get rid of completely and the lack of 'success' by being in a monster weight loss stall for over a year! I really would chop of a leg to get to my goal at this stage!

Even my hubby has noticed a change in me.... so I know I am not imagining things.

Over the last couple of weeks, I have started being really flippant with my food - i gotta put this out there as a way to stop myself. My diet isn't as clean as it was a month ago. There is a part of me saying 'balls to it, have those crisps cos you can't gonna lose weight anyway!' This is my old train of thought that got me morbidly obese in the first place. I realised what I was doing about a week ago; self sabotage! Anyway, I am pleased to say that I have stopped all that snacking on junk food now and I am back to my conscience eating of 3-4 times a day. I probably needed to have that period to become aware of my food choices again.

One good thing though, I went back to the boxing gym last week. OMG!! The last time I trained like that was in March.... wow! I had forgotten just how good it is to punch that bag/pads. I really could tell a difference to the last time I went, I felt much weaker... so I have promised myself, that I will go at least once a week from now until Christmas and then in the New Year, I will go twice a week again. If my back hurts, then I will just do a variation of the exercise that the rest of the girls are doing... this time though, I can't stop. I am hoping that the exercise will help my mood, even though I know it won't help me lose weight!

And I've been saving the best til last... my other hubby and my idol, Robbie Williams is touring again and my SIL has managed to get us tickets.... YES YES YES! It will be June next year and this really is another incentive for me to try and get to my surgeon's goal. He isn't doing Cardiff this year, so we have to go to London, Wembley Arena (shame) to see him and that will mean an over night stay - yey a long weekend me thinks... and my 'real' hubby has said that he will come with me this time!! Imagine me rocking up to the concert in a sassy pair of Levi or Bench Jeans to see my man! Well, that is my new goal!

Sorry it has been soooo long, been meaning to post for a while.

Hope you are all good and well...

FYI glad you are back to your exercise too... feels good doesn't it!

And thanks to you lot I don't feel completely lost and alone in this frustration... hugs to you all from across the pond x

Hey coops -- I know it doesn't help, but you sure LOOK great! I understand what you mean about the credibility thing vis-a-vis not having met 'goal' -- I got a bit taken to task for that on the boards even though I DID meet my original goal, then reset a lower one after that, which I didn't meet (yet?). Meh, they can all piss off LOL. We are old hands at this and they can listen to what we have to say or not, no skin off my back. ;)

I'm very glad to hear your bloodwork came back all good. Sigh of relief there. I'm also having the perimenopause stuff and it SUCKS. Ugh.

Was at a wedding this weekend where the best man looked like Robbie Williams and I totally kept thinking of you and smiling. :)

(GT -- hope you're doing better?? Have you been to the doctor?)

post-72211-13838397046757_thumb.jpgI know this is not the right place to post this, but here is a pic of a local party I went to last night, posed with Santas helpers... I found a bag of "too small" cloths I was hanging on to... and this fantastic red silk coat was in it... YAY most of the cloths fit~ Even though I have gained a little, I have so much to be thankful for! Happy holidays friends. I am cleaning out my refrigerator and going to the fantastic farmers market we have here, and stocking up on lots of fresh veg and fruits for the week. Cheers!

post-3718-13813661264236_thumb.jpg

That coat is fabulous!!

Hey everybody! Glad to read your posts!

Feed Your Eye i really love your pic, especially your Yorkie pup....So cute....

Coops I hear you and I love the fact your going to a concert in June! And your real hubby is going with you and your SIL! How great is that! :wub:

I still believe that your sexy and hot and a beautiful Goddess! You to me are perfect in every way. You totally have a great heart!

Swizzly I love your willingness to share and you have done a great job also :D

We are all Goddesses here! Sorry for you fellows out there! You still Rock also! :ph34r:

FYI... you look absolutely stunning,,, red is defo your colour - so beautiful! I love it! Made me smile x

post-3718-13813661264236_thumb.jpgI know this is not the right place to post this, but here is a pic of a local party I went to last night, posed with Santas helpers... I found a bag of "too small" cloths I was hanging on to... and this fantastic red silk coat was in it... YAY most of the cloths fit~ Even though I have gained a little, I have so much to be thankful for! Happy holidays friends. I am cleaning out my refrigerator and going to the fantastic farmers market we have here, and stocking up on lots of fresh veg and fruits for the week. Cheers!

You look great!!! Love the jacket!!!

Thanks Nannie! I knew there would be a row of bombshells there, so I decided to splash it up a bit. So happy the jacket fit!