Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Long Before You Recovered From Gastric Sleeve Surgery ?

the gas pains actually stop? i dont know why but i thought they would be there forever. lol. i honestly wish i had aremote so i could fast fwd until february! i just want to feel normal again

I thought I was done with the gas pains, but I've had some today. Not fun, but not like right after the surgery!

Exercise and heat, so I am told. I even got on my elliptical machine today. I broke down and had a Gas-X strip tonight and I think that helped a bit.

We're going to Colleyville in the Dallas area. I'm going to Dr. Kim. I wanted the best and he seems to be right up there. We'll be there at least a week. Texas seems to have the best bariatric surgeons. Boy, I can't wait!

We do seem to have plenty of bariatric surgeons here. I hope you have an easy time of it!

i hope u feel better :(

I thought I was done with the gas pains, but I've had some today. Not fun, but not like right after the surgery!

Exercise and heat, so I am told. I even got on my elliptical machine today. I broke down and had a Gas-X strip tonight and I think that helped a bit.

hang in there ... I think I told you this, but it took me about 3 weeks before i began to feel somewhat better .... I was crying a lot during those first three weeks, wondering if i had made the biggest mistake of my life ... but once that 3 week marker ended, i began to feel better, and it did get easier. I Hope that i happening to you. keep us posted.

i hope u feel better sad.png

jasleeve,

How are you doing now, and have you managed to get some Protein in?

Regarding the Premier Protein drinks from costco, I am reporting back to say that the vanilla definitely have a protein/vitamin smell, but I really don't notice it with the chocolate. Maybe you could give those a try? At 30g Protein per container, you could get your protein in with just a few!

Also, I added a scoop of unjury to some pureed bean Soup that I made at home, and that was undetectable, although I didn't add a huge amount (just a "boost").

im afraid to try any Protein out of fear that im going to just throw up. just the word Protein makes me sick! i have muscle milk sitting in my fridge & powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury that i havent tried cuz im scared to throw up. i threw up one time & that pain is unlike any other!!!! its depressing but im trying to keep focused :(

jasleeve,

How are you doing now, and have you managed to get some protein in?

Regarding the Premier Protein drinks from costco, I am reporting back to say that the vanilla definitely have a protein/vitamin smell, but I really don't notice it with the chocolate. Maybe you could give those a try? At 30g protein per container, you could get your protein in with just a few!

Also, I added a scoop of Unjury to some pureed bean Soup that I made at home, and that was undetectable, although I didn't add a huge amount (just a "boost").

JAS, sorry to hear that you are haing a hard time I cried the first few days when ever it was time to take in liquids. it was tough to realize to realize there was going to be no more food comfort. It like a swift kick. Some advice I got here that helped with the cramping. Don't drink anything too cold, use gas X strips. sip sip sip walk walk walk. and if i flex and stick my chest out it does stop the cramping.

sleeved 12-19-11

HW362

CW339

it really does take an emotional toll. today i woke up feeling weak. im sipping on Powerade zero for some electrolytes to keep me hydrated. last night, i couldnt sleep much. i tossed & turned all night. pain meds stopped working & i couldnt find a comfortable position. its hard. im pushing through it tho. :(

JAS, sorry to hear that you are haing a hard time I cried the first few days when ever it was time to take in liquids. it was tough to realize to realize there was going to be no more food comfort. It like a swift kick. Some advice I got here that helped with the cramping. Don't drink anything too cold, use gas X strips. sip sip sip walk walk walk. and if i flex and stick my chest out it does stop the cramping.

sleeved 12-19-11

HW362

CW339

Jas - both my husband and I use the costco Premier shakes in chocolate, to us they tast like a little thicker chocolate milk. Hubby who is not sleeved, but followed Atkins will not drink them if they at all taste like Protein powder. To me unjury definitely tastes like it smells - I have unflavored and added it to Beans one day...umm not for me.

Maybe try it but sipping slowly is key. You definitely need to get something in, the nutrition makes you feel better. Even chicken broth how is that going? The pain should be going away, if not have you called doctor?

Amanda, darlin it seem like elliptical at your post op date may be a little soon? Perhaps you are going at it slowly? I use elliptical and the up/down and arms all at once at your stage, just be careful okay? I started with manual and flat VERY slowly just trying to walk.

im not a fan of chocolates or vanillas so its hard to drink shakes. very hard. im praying to get on mushies soon so i could start getting in some type of nutrients. :/

Jas - both my husband and I use the costco Premier shakes in chocolate, to us they tast like a little thicker chocolate milk. Hubby who is not sleeved, but followed Atkins will not drink them if they at all taste like Protein powder. To me unjury definitely tastes like it smells - I have unflavored and added it to Beans one day...umm not for me.

Maybe try it but sipping slowly is key. You definitely need to get something in, the nutrition makes you feel better. Even chicken broth how is that going? The pain should be going away, if not have you called doctor?

Amanda, darlin it seem like elliptical at your post op date may be a little soon? Perhaps you are going at it slowly? I use elliptical and the up/down and arms all at once at your stage, just be careful okay? I started with manual and flat VERY slowly just trying to walk.

Jas - I use Jay Robb's unflavored Protein Powder -- get it in Wholefoods -- I mix it w/a pack of chocolate alba, 10 - 12 oz of skim milk and 1.5 tablespoons of Peanut Butter ... put it all in blender and mix up ... sometimes I add 1/2 banana to it .... it doesn't have a Protein smell, but all together, it's a whopping 46+ grams of protein, and I have to split it into two servings (one in morning and one in later afternoon) ... you might want to try that ... I am still not a big fan of Protein Drinks, trust me, but I do realize the importance of getting my protein in and the Protein Drink really helps me boost my protein intake daily, so I suggest you try your hardest to find something that works for you. Once you are able to have mushies, if you like lentil Soup, I would suggest you mixing a can of Amy's vegetable lentil soup in a bullet (makes it really pureed) and heat up & have that -- one can will give you a whopping 16-18 grams of protein - again, you will have to split up in separate servings cause I don't think your new little pouch/tummy will allow you to have too much at once, but the warmth of the puree when heated will go down easier than room temperature protein drinks .. good luck - hang in there!

oh - and remember - the first three weeks were the hardest for me .. I used to walk around crying thinking I made the biggest mistake of my life -- but then, after the 3 week marker, it miraculously got easier every day and now I know I made the best choice for a healthier new life for myself! keep the peace ...

and oh - sip, sip, sip ,,,,, do not drink anything fast or gulp ... tiny winy sips will get you to where you need to go ... I promise. If you sip sip sip, you won't throw up ... just don't take any big swallows or gulps .. you are not ready for that yet, and it might be a long long time before you can feel comfortable doing anything other than sips, so just hang in there .... better to sip and not feel sick than gulp and feel discomfort .... if you sip, you can work around feeling like you will throw up because you will know in advance if something agrees or disagrees with you right away ... just take it slow ... you will get there .. we all do!

does jay robb have a smell?

Jas - I use Jay Robb's unflavored Protein powder -- get it in Wholefoods -- I mix it w/a pack of chocolate alba, 10 - 12 oz of skim milk and 1.5 tablespoons of Peanut Butter ... put it all in blender and mix up ... sometimes I add 1/2 banana to it .... it doesn't have a protein smell, but all together, it's a whopping 46+ grams of protein, and I have to split it into two servings (one in morning and one in later afternoon) ... you might want to try that ... I am still not a big fan of protein drinks, trust me, but I do realize the importance of getting my protein in and the protein drink really helps me boost my protein intake daily, so I suggest you try your hardest to find something that works for you. Once you are able to have mushies, if you like lentil Soup, I would suggest you mixing a can of Amy's vegetable lentil soup in a bullet (makes it really pureed) and heat up & have that -- one can will give you a whopping 16-18 grams of protein - again, you will have to split up in separate servings cause I don't think your new little pouch/tummy will allow you to have too much at once, but the warmth of the puree when heated will go down easier than room temperature protein drinks .. good luck - hang in there!

Jas - Use the vanilla as a base. I use skim milk and I also add SF Jello powder, crystal light powder, Torani syrups or SF instant Jello pudding in the blend. For instance:

6-8 oz skim milk

1 scoop vanilla Protein powder

1 tsp SF instant cheesecake pudding mix

1 tsp strawberry SF Torani Syrup or strawberry crystal light to taste

For pre-op and later on mushies onward throw in a couple frozen strawberries

Ta-Da! Strawberry cheesecake shake.

Go to Theworldaccordingtoeggface and grab her recipes. You don't have to just drink the stuff unadorned.