Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Body Shape After Weight Loss

Even when I was my thin I always had big thighs. Saddlebags I guess you could call them. I was wondering if when you lose all this weight after being larger, does your body goes back to what it was or does it change? Like will I ever not have fat thighs? I know that's a weird question but it interests me about how your body changes as it gets older, with fat distribution and when you have rapid weight loss does it come off evenly.

Another question and this is difficult and embarrassing. Does your 'lady' area lose weight?

hi waterlover - i also have always had big thighs - i hope the weight does get redistributed as i think you're saying, and we lose this horrible weight in that area. I am pre-op DOS 12/6/11 - so i really don't know for sure kathy

Hey,

Great question ...

Before I put on a lot o weight, I was always a typical pear shape... Small up top, flat(ish) tummy and in relation, larger thigh/bum!

Since surgery my weight and shape is definately different. I am now a apple shape... more weight around the middle section than anywhere else. It is taking ages for the last 14lbs to too....

That is my experience, we are all different... good luck =]

oh wow 14lbs left!!! you must be so proud of yourself! congratulations! do you think that the extra tummy weight could be helped with exercise then? like doing lots of situps? or you just have to lose it.

likasulema, you are ahead of me in the journey gotta keep me updated on those thighs lol.

Another question and this is difficult and embarrassing. Does your 'lady' area lose weight?

I think it does. My husband has commented lately that I am "bonier" in that area. He said it is hard to describe, but he can feel a difference from just a few months and 55 pounds ago.

In addition, as the gut deflates, it makes certain areas easier to reach.

oh wow 14lbs left!!! you must be so proud of yourself! congratulations! do you think that the extra tummy weight could be helped with exercise then? like doing lots of situps? or you just have to lose it.

likasulema, you are ahead of me in the journey gotta keep me updated on those thighs lol.

Hey!

There is plenty of 'fat' left on me...lol... I do exercise (gone off the boil just lately due to an injury and working my way back to it) my regular is boxing. We ladies, do the same as the men, and that includes a lot of strength work; sit ups is a defo! I can feel the difference, but as I said there is plenty of fat left on the surface.!! As for the leg/thigh area, as well as skipping and light jogging we do a lot of squats and leg work in the circuits and the muscle I have there is pretty obvious now! My hubby, who is a hairy arsed policeman, said he would die the for muscel definition in my calves...lol...x

There is absolutely nothing that is not discussed on this website AND I LOVE IT!!!!!!! Good question. :lol:

I think it does. My husband has commented lately that I am "bonier" in that area. He said it is hard to describe, but he can feel a difference from just a few months and 55 pounds ago.

In addition, as the gut deflates, it makes certain areas easier to reach.

hehe 'bonier' i understand that. i had a Tummy Tuck after i had my daughter so they pulled up the whole pubic area on me so i have this freaky fat patch up to the scar of my tuck, then a freakishly flat stomach (with puffy hips sticking out i'm so weird shaped now). i really hope to lose that without having to have Lipo. it's really weird and unnatural. if i wear yoga pants it's like i have a computer mouse shoved down my pants. (i know TMI lol).

Hey!

There is plenty of 'fat' left on me...lol... I do exercise (gone off the boil just lately due to an injury and working my way back to it) my regular is boxing. We ladies, do the same as the men, and that includes a lot of strength work; sit ups is a defo! I can feel the difference, but as I said there is plenty of fat left on the surface.!! As for the leg/thigh area, as well as skipping and light jogging we do a lot of squats and leg work in the circuits and the muscle I have there is pretty obvious now! My hubby, who is a hairy arsed policeman, said he would die the for muscel definition in my calves...lol...x

well you look fabulous and you seem to be in excellent shape. very inspirational! it must be so different to have only 10lbs left to worry about than what we start with, i'm so excited. i want to lose 100lbs. although not sure if that's too much or not, i suppose i'll stop when my body decides it's time? i don't even know. i just know i was most 'normal' looking at 115lbs, i'm short so it's reasonable. i cant wait!

i'm now thinking that since i'm having the surgery and going to be eating more thoughtfully and exercising that maybe my body will look better than it did in my early twenties as i never worked out or tried to define my muscles. now i know much much more about taking care of my body.

ps. speaking of calves, those are actually my own in the picture in my avatar lol.

I think mostly our basic body shape doesn't change. In other words, the saddlebags will probably be the last thing to go.

I have giganto-calves. Incredibly thick, almost as big around as my thighs. They've shrunk tremendously, but so have my thighs, leaving my (much skinnier) calves still almost as big around as my (much skinnier) thighs.

As for the lady area, I noticed after about 75 lbs that not only did my clothes fit much better, so did my husband.

if i wear yoga pants it's like i have a computer mouse shoved down my pants.

This is the FUNNIEST line I've read in a long time! BTW that area improved tremendously for me somewhere around 60-70 lbs. lost. :)

I have the same shape just smaller. I had a big tummy before and I still do compared to the rest of me. Some of the skin has settled in my hip region and actually looks pretty good with clothes on :)

you look incredible! i snuck a peak at your gallery. lol. nice pic of dr. aceves, he reminds me of my dad, probably one of the reasons i chose him. don't know if that's good or bad hehe.

I started exercising right away and do a lot of stuff with weight machines at the gym. My thighs have muscle in them that I never had when I was younger. I do have some flabby skin because I am 59, but I think it would be 100% worse if I had not starting using the weight machines. I was using them before surgery, and started back pretty quickly after surgery.