Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Body Shape After Weight Loss

I still have the same basic body shape after losing all the weight. I've always had heavy thighs and needed to take in pants in the waist, and it's remained the same.

One of these days I will learn to not drink coffee and browse VST ;) I've almost spit my coffee out twice so far and this is only the second thread I have read bwahahaha! Computer mouse *snicker* that's quite the way to explain it ;)

Well I have the same basic shape but my weight has moved around more than it has in the past. The bulk of my weight was always in my stomach, uh yeah, it's still there. It's the only area I am unhappy with, well other than my boobs that shriveled up and died. My butt did get smaller. I still have a visible butt but I was always called bubble butt for a reason and well I don't get called that anymore.

i have HUGE boobs, even at 220lbs they are out of proportion to my body. in a way i hope they get smaller so i don't look so top heavy, but at the same time i don't want them to end up on my lap when i sit. is it delusional to think they will shrink down to perky b's from DD's? haha! i never wear a bra, i guess my theory that bras contribute to sagging will be tested after this. i hate wearing bras and underwear. i dont like that flap of fat that hangs over my panties in the front and bras make me feel like i'm being choked.

I also have the same basic shape that I did before. I used to think that I had "broad" shoulders and while I do to some degree, I've noticed that it's not much of a problem anymore, as I am wearing size L in most everything (even a few select M!!) I was a D to DD before and I still am, just a much smaller band size (like 44 to 36 right now). They certainly don't point the right direction but then again they didn't when I was at my heaviest either. I used to *hate* wearing underwire because I thought they were torture, but after losing almost 100lbs I realize it had NOTHING to do with the wire, and everything to do with me stuffing myself in there. Now I wear the underwire without a second thought because nothing is digging into me and the underwire helps improve the 'appearance" so to speak. wink.png

Yes, the lady station improves quite a bit...no worries!

lol. thanks....lady station, good one.

i feel ya on the underwire. i wear like 14 dollar sportsbras right now, sqeeeeeeze myself into them. no wonder i only wear underwear when i go out, i'm doing the 3 sizes too small thing.

so if i'm a 38DD now, i could potentially end up a DD still? oh man.

so if i'm a 38DD now, i could potentially end up a DD still? oh man.

Well, let's see, back in the day 13 years ago I lost a lot of weight and am close in weight and size to what I am right now. HOWEVER back then I did actually shrink to a C cup. This time even though I'm basically back to that same size/weight, I am still a D or DD. BUT...I have two children since that time 13 years ago (I have 11yo and 9yo daughters) and so I'm guessing that I didn't "shrink" as much this time because having/nursing kiddos. Who knows. But I will say I'm not sad that I didn't lose in the cup area because the band area is doing GREAT! I'm sure hubby is happy that they are still DD's also. With the right bra on I still have a nice silouette when it comes to the "girls"! wink.png

I am very tall (6'2") and very curvy; I have always been what seemed to me to be disproportionately large on top. After surgery, it seemed like most of the first 30 pounds came from the girls! About a month after surgery, I went to a specialty bra store. Imagine my surprise in finding that I was supposed to be, at that time, in a 42GG! I actually bought 40GG's and used a band extender for a couple of months. Those underwires did what they were supposed to do, lift and support the girls, and the band fit snugly and comfortably, and there wasn't any flapping of loose fabric, wires digging in, or spillage over the top--just comfort, great look under clothes--and I was hooked.

Fast forward to now. Since losing 102 pounds (oh man, I just love saying that!!!) with my sleeve, the rest of my torso has slimmed down (I can see and feel my collar bones and ribs), and I now wear a 38GG--the exact same bras I got after losing the initial 30 pounds or so still fit, just on the tighter hooks. So I'm another one who lost band size but not cup size. I look long and lean overall now, but I most definitely still seem to be disproportionately large on top....

I was wearing fitted jeans and a light-support cami the other day in preparation for putting on a sweater, and my husband said that I had a "Lara Croft" look--I was thrilled!! I like the thought of looking thin and strong but still curvy and feminine. He has the nice habit of overlooking the pudgy area just around my belly button that I hate--maybe eventually that will go away, too...

Even when I was my thin I always had big thighs. Saddlebags I guess you could call them. I was wondering if when you lose all this weight after being larger, does your body goes back to what it was or does it change? Like will I ever not have fat thighs? I know that's a weird question but it interests me about how your body changes as it gets older, with fat distribution and when you have rapid weight loss does it come off evenly.

Another question and this is difficult and embarrassing. Does your 'lady' area lose weight?

Ive ALWAYS carried the majority of my weight in my thighs. I think this had a lot to do with my image issues when I was younger. I always felt fat, even when I wasn't. At one point I was so super thin, I would faint and get sick... this is NOT good. My doctor wanted my Mom to send me to a psychiatrist. It was a really weird time for me. I went to a few appointments but never went back. I was able to break out of that terrible cycle but that's when the weight gain began. Then the long story begins...

Anyway once I got thinned out right now, I noticed that I was still carrying a whole heckuva lot of fat in my thighs. The terrible thing was looking at my face and upper body made me not want to continue to lose because I was (still am) boney skinny up there. It made me feel really lopsided and un attractive.

So that's why I chose to have the liposuction procedure performed. I knew I couldn't keep trying to lose weight anymore. I was able to put on some very small sized pants but they would always fit really weird. Really tight in the knees and thighs but loose around the waist. :(

My lipos were the only way I was able to fix this problem. NOT to say you will have to go through this too! I'm just sharing my personal experience.

Good luck!!! Everyone loses differently. It is my hope that you will lose evenly. Merry Christmas!

I guess my shape stayed basically the same. I am a short (5'4") broad shouldered, small breasted (at my highest weight, I barely fit a D - now I barely fit a C) woman with a relatively thick waist, small hipps, and and the FLATTEST butt around. Other than my droopy skin on my thighs (which kind of look like they are melting) I have nice muscles in my thighs and calves. When I stand with my legs together, I have the triangle opening at the top of my thighs and then two diamond openings lower down.

Take that same shape and spread 100 pounds of fat over it, and that is what I was before. I am hoping the skin on my thighs responds to exercise - in a year - if the skin hasn't snapped back, it may get snipped - I don't like the wicked witch melting look. OregonDaisy is right - exercise with weights throughout to minimize droopy skin - I didn't do this and wish I had.

Not only do you lose the fat pad in your "lady area", but you will no longer have the issue of having to move a belly out of the way to find the promised land. :-) Much more fun!

I hope i keep my boobies! right now i am a 46 DD and i wouldnt mind to go down to a D but i would be quite content to keep the girls and just see a smller band size. I will be upset if i lose all my weight and still cant shop at Victorias Secret due to my large chest. Also, the hubs is a boob man and i know im not going to have a Tummy Tuck and just going to work out every damn day to get the fittest i can, so the extra boobage will help me over look the skin i am bound to get!

OMG!!! I LOVE this thread!!! I have what we call a "FAT CAT" and I so want it to slim down...It has always been "thicker" than normal though, even when I was skinny so I'm not sure that it is going to get very small but I'm hopeful! As far as the boobs, I am currently a 44F and I'm hoping I don't get any lower than a D, which I doubt I will. My biggest concern is losing my butt. I so do not want to go back to a flat butt...The men I like, like big butts and I have always had a flat but when I was thin...It thickened with the weight but I am scared it will either flatten out or hang...I'm so ready to lose weight but scared of what I am going to look like later too:(

OMG!!! I LOVE this thread!!! I have what we call a "FAT CAT" and I so want it to slim down...It has always been "thicker" than normal though, even when I was skinny so I'm not sure that it is going to get very small but I'm hopeful! As far as the boobs, I am currently a 44F and I'm hoping I don't get any lower than a D, which I doubt I will. My biggest concern is losing my butt. I so do not want to go back to a flat butt...The men I like, like big butts and I have always had a flat but when I was thin...It thickened with the weight but I am scared it will either flatten out or hang...I'm so ready to lose weight but scared of what I am going to look like later too:(

The best exercises I have ever done to keep my butt in the right place were: 1) squats 2) lunges and 3) spinning class (a type of bicycling exercise class). Those 3 will definately tone up your backside.

I was a 34DD before all my medical crap started - I'm a 44DD now. I have a feeling, I'm still going to be a DD when all is said and done. BUT! That means I'll have enough to remove for a breast reduction and insurance will pay for it. These suckers have always been heavy!