Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 month out! I did it!

Been sleeved about 1 month so far 10/3/11. Doing awesome. Starting weight was 247, had type 2 diabetes for 13 yrs since pregnancy of first child, on meds for blood pressure, cholesterol. Surgery was done at Reading Hospital, Pennsylvania by Dr. Ceppa. I am now at 224lbs. I had to post (my first) because this forum has been a life saver for me. I am able to get on here, and look just about anything up. Everyone who had previously posted, was able to answer so many questions. I encourage anyone thinking about getting the surgery to become a member. Especially if you do not know anyone with the sleeve. Very comforting!

I agree! VST Talk has really answered any question I have had. There is always someone here that knows or has experienced how you have felt.

Your never alone here and I believe in our daily lives some of us experience that the decision we have made to get sleeved is a very lonely place or mums the word.

:welcome:

Hi, and congrats on being a Sleever!! You are doing great on the weight loss, and you also have a great attitude, it makes a world of difference on your recovery. Glad you joined, and I totally agree about the forum, it's a wonderful source of knowledge and support. I'm happy to have you here, and looking forward to sharing this journey with you.

:)

Don't know what I would do without this board to help me and support me. Love you guys!!

Great job so far! I think I am addicted to this forum. I log on just about every day and usually several times a day. :)

Hello, and congratulations! I have a question how long was your recovery?? and how many days did it take you to go back to work?

Thanks everyone for the welcome & support! @Geno- my recovery was very fast but I hadn't any complications. I did good on drinking & pureed foods. I had taken two weeks off, but I could have gone back after a week. When I was in the hospital for that day, all I did was walk. I walked almost the whole night, the nurses joked that I was wearing holes in their floors. But I think that's what helped so much too. On the second day after surgery I became very nauseous & dizzy. But the next day (day 3) I could start the food. Once I did, and drank more, I was gold. I have to say though that the smell & taste of Protein Shakes made me sick to my stomach after surgery so Isopure drinks saVed me. I try to keep a positive attitude, keep it in my head that I will have to roll with whatever comes because in the end, this is better for me than the quality of life I was living. Unhealthy & unhappy. :)

What an inspiration you are. Congratulations!

Thank you so much for your respond, and congratulations, I promise I will walk and walk .

Whew! Thank goodness you posted this! I am a slow loser (compared to the vast majority on here). I am one month out and have lost 20 lbs, so it made me feel good to know that I am only 3 pounds behind you :-)

My Dr. Told me that it may start off slow, so although I would LOVE to see more come off, I guess ill just be patient for now. Which is hard to do! Lol

thank you for posting this. when im sleeved, im going to attempt to keep moving and walking. i def want a nice recovery!

Thanks everyone for the welcome & support! @Geno- my recovery was very fast but I hadn't any complications. I did good on drinking & pureed foods. I had taken two weeks off, but I could have gone back after a week. When I was in the hospital for that day, all I did was walk. I walked almost the whole night, the nurses joked that I was wearing holes in their floors. But I think that's what helped so much too. On the second day after surgery I became very nauseous & dizzy. But the next day (day 3) I could start the food. Once I did, and drank more, I was gold. I have to say though that the smell & taste of Protein shakes made me sick to my stomach after surgery so Isopure drinks saVed me. I try to keep a positive attitude, keep it in my head that I will have to roll with whatever comes because in the end, this is better for me than the quality of life I was living. Unhealthy & unhappy. :)