Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

M2G's Ramblings

M2G
Sign in to follow this  

Congratulations! I know for a fact those last pounds are the hardest to lose.

Great Job!

Sharon

Just thought I would do an update over here. I looked back through this thread and at one point I had -27lbs to get to goal.

Well, I've whittled away at that and now need -17lbs to get to goal. WOW! So even though progress is verrrrry slow, I'm working on it. I did really great at the beginning of Jan. when I really buckled down and lost some weight. Then sometime in Feb I sort of lost my momentum, and now it's April and definitely time to buckle down again. I see my surgeon for my 18 month checkup later this month and of course would love to be at my all-time personal low.

Starting tomorrow, I'm restricting calories and carbs. I may have to supplement with some Protein Shakes but I'm going to give things a good solid week and see if I can shake lose a lb or two on the old scale.

Also, as I read back through this thread I noticed at some point I said that 12's felt tight. I am happy to report that I can wear any size 12 on any brand and none of them are tight. I put on a pair of capri's from last summer that were 14's and they were literally falling off. I can wear some 10's but it's more hit-and-miss depending on the style/brand, etc. Also that damn stomach skin, well, let's just say that 10's usually push the skin around and make it not as attractive. <_< But at least I know that I can actually go into a store, grab a 12 and KNOW that it will fit! Woo hoo for that!!! :D

im 34 pounds from goal 245 i will have lost 193 pounds once i reach it hopeing be there by end of june post-46500-13813669255205_thumb.png post-46500-13813669255205_thumb.png post-46500-13813669255205_thumb.png

post-3918-13813658503792_thumb.jpg

im 34 pounds from goal 245 i will have lost 193 pounds once i reach it hopeing be there by end of june post-3918-13813658503792_thumb.jpg post-3918-13813658503792_thumb.jpg post-3918-13813658503792_thumb.jpg

That is amazing!!! Congratulations on how far you have come!!! Can I ask how far out you are? Men always lose so quickly!! Congrats!

LETS SEE I HAD MY SURGERY NOV 1 2010 I AM 1 YEAR AND 5 MONTHS OUT MY ORIGINAL GOAL WAS TO HAVE ALL WEIGHT OFF IN 2 YEARS SO ITS NOT COME OFF INSTANTLY ALOT OF HARD WORK I LOST ALOT THE FIRST 6 MONTHS ITS BEEN SLOW AND STEADY SINCE THEN I HAD ONE MAJOR STALL THAT WAS NOV THRU JAN 1 OF THIS YEAR MY FAULT I ATE HORRIBLY LOTS CARBS BAD CARBS SWEETS THROUGH HOLIDAYS I WAS 319 ON JAN 3 THATS WHEN I GOT REFOCUSED ON GETTING REST WEIGHT OFF I GAINED ONE POUND OVER BAD EATING PERIOD BUT THATS DO TO ALL THE EXCERSISE I DO IM AT 279 NOW SO IVE LOST 4O POUNDS THE LAST THREE MONTHS ACTUALLY I DIDNT REALLY GET SERIOUS TILL THE 7TH OF JANUARY SO A LITTLE LESS THAN THREE MONTHS THATS ABOUT 14 POUNDS A MONTH IM HOPEING BE AT GOAL BY END OF JUNE

LETS SEE I HAD MY SURGERY NOV 1 2010 I AM 1 YEAR AND 5 MONTHS OUT MY ORIGINAL GOAL WAS TO HAVE ALL WEIGHT OFF IN 2 YEARS SO ITS NOT COME OFF INSTANTLY ALOT OF HARD WORK I LOST ALOT THE FIRST 6 MONTHS ITS BEEN SLOW AND STEADY SINCE THEN I HAD ONE MAJOR STALL THAT WAS NOV THRU JAN 1 OF THIS YEAR MY FAULT I ATE HORRIBLY LOTS CARBS BAD CARBS SWEETS THROUGH HOLIDAYS I WAS 319 ON JAN 3 THATS WHEN I GOT REFOCUSED ON GETTING REST WEIGHT OFF I GAINED ONE POUND OVER BAD EATING PERIOD BUT THATS DO TO ALL THE EXCERSISE I DO IM AT 279 NOW SO IVE LOST 4O POUNDS THE LAST THREE MONTHS ACTUALLY I DIDNT REALLY GET SERIOUS TILL THE 7TH OF JANUARY SO A LITTLE LESS THAN THREE MONTHS THATS ABOUT 14 POUNDS A MONTH IM HOPEING BE AT GOAL BY END OF JUNE

Roger, that is truly fantastic! I'm so happy for you!!!

I'm even more impressed that even with stalling, you were able to refocus and lost about -14lbs each month...WOW!!! It's taken me about 6 months to lose -10lbs and I'm fairly focused. I have learned a LOT of patience on this journey, more than I thought I would need (but it's all good!) Just happy that you are getting close to your own goal...that is GREAT!!! Keep up the good work!

thanks mg2 hopefully i can get this last 34 pounds of in the next three months my main goal is to reach my 245 weight the second is to get my body fat percentage below 20 percent to be in the teens but reaching my weight goal by nov 1st would be acceptable