Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 1, 2011 the start of my new life (how about you?)

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post here and I am very excited and hoping to share with folks that may be having surgery on or close to the same day. My surgery is November 1, with Dr. Kozar in Reno, NV. My birthday is November 3 and I will be 46 years old. I am a mother to two wonderful kids and have a super husband who is very supportive.

I start on Sunday my 2 week liquid diet. Not so much looking forward to this, it has been a long journey already dieting and have been on WW meals and Protein Drinks for two weeks, I feel hungry. I long to have a full meal - this concerns me because I am hoping I will not feel this way after the surgery. I have been heavy way too long and the weight is taking its toll At 5' 11" - I started this at 303 and now am at 284. Hopefully another 5-10 lbs before sugery in just over 2 weeks. I pray all will be fine with the surgery but, my ah ha moment came when someone said to me "how many obese eldery people do you see, let alone morbidly obese?" I need to be around to be with my husband and my children.

I wish only the best for everyone one this site. I have found much comfort from reading other experiences and gaining strength. If I can provide that for anyone else - that is a pay forward.

Smile always - s :)

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post here and I am very excited and hoping to share with folks that may be having surgery on or close to the same day. My surgery is November 1, with Dr. Kozar in Reno, NV. My birthday is November 3 and I will be 46 years old. I am a mother to two wonderful kids and have a super husband who is very supportive.

I start on Sunday my 2 week liquid diet. Not so much looking forward to this, it has been a long journey already dieting and have been on WW meals and Protein drinks for two weeks, I feel hungry. I long to have a full meal - this concerns me because I am hoping I will not feel this way after the surgery. I have been heavy way too long and the weight is taking its toll At 5' 11" - I started this at 303 and now am at 284. Hopefully another 5-10 lbs before sugery in just over 2 weeks. I pray all will be fine with the surgery but, my ah ha moment came when someone said to me "how many obese eldery people do you see, let alone morbidly obese?" I need to be around to be with my husband and my children.

I wish only the best for everyone one this site. I have found much comfort from reading other experiences and gaining strength. If I can provide that for anyone else - that is a pay forward.

Smile always - s :)

Hi Sandy,

My surgery is November 1st also. I'm so very excited. I started my pre-op diet today. For me, even though my surgery isn't until the 1st, my new life begins today. Unlike every diet I've ever been on, I will never again see the pounds I'm losing this time! I feel SO BLESSED to have the opportunity to have this surgery. I'll be keeping you in my prayers for your ultimate success!

God Bless!

Hi Mimi,

I went for my pre-op EKG, Labs,Chest X-Ray on Tuesday. This is all becoming so real. Nice to see someone else with the same date as I have. I so believe in this surgery, I am sure you will be successful and we will keep it off for the balance of our lives. No more up and down - no more diet, hunger - stop diet on and on. I will keep you in my prayers as well.

Thank you and good luck - take care of yourself.

Sandy

I'm set for November 1 also. Can't wait to start this journey. It's nice to have a support system such ad this. Good luck!!! From one Sandy to another. :D :D

Hi Sandy,

So cool to see another Sandy and for November 1 surgery day. Well, how are you doing? I am now aobut 30 lbs down, been on full Protein shakes for over 2 weeks, with 1-2 c veggies a day. I am starting to feel my heart pound a bit, yesterday was my last day at work and it was sweet sorrow saying "see you", but I am looking forward to post surgery life. YES LIFE. I hope for you and the others preparing for surgery here as well. Let's keep chatting after Tuesday, okay? I live over 3 hours from the hospital so I will be staying in the area with my husband for a week - not sure I will have access to wi-fi, but God willing, I am well and will get on the computer to say hi after and look forward to hearing from you!

Take care-