Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 10 Sleevies!

Hello, kygal1982, Terry H,. Bakomom, A New Day, Pixie Jen, Courtines, Angelica. Wanted to wish you guys a huge good luck today and let you know we're thinking about you! Feel free to share your experiences with us when you are feeling up to it and please at least drop a quick note to let us know you're safely on the other side so we don't worry about you!

Take care, sip, sip, walk, rest, repeat!!

I'm sleeved!!

My surgery went well however I'm not able to get all the fluids in I need to go home so I'll be in the hospital one more day.

Hope everyone else had an easy surgery and that you are all feeling well.

Hey, Jen! Thanks so much for checking in! Just take it easy....take your time, only do what's comfortable. Can't wait to hear your story! Here's to a fast recovery and to being home soon!

I am sleeved and home. Everything was pretty uneventful, although I have been feeling really gassy and bloated this evening. My mom and I took an impromptu trip to Walmart to get the ever important Gas-X strips. My surgery pain is extremely manageable and I have had very little nausea. Everything is so far, so good.

Thank you, Courtines....for the update. So glad your recovery so far is pretty uneventful! I think I will get the GasX strips before I go in....thanks for the input!

Hello, kygal1982, Terry H,. Bakomom, A New Day, Pixie Jen, Courtines, Angelica. Wanted to wish you guys a huge good luck today and let you know we're thinking about you! Feel free to share your experiences with us when you are feeling up to it and please at least drop a quick note to let us know you're safely on the other side so we don't worry about you!

Hi Oct sleevers, Iam sleeved just got home feeling great had some gas problems the 2nd nite but gas x is my friend .....taking in my Water, applesauce and crystal light yum!! yum!!

Congratulations to all on successful surgeries! I'm headed to the airport and will check in as soon as possible after surgery too. cool.gif

Quick check in!

I got home about noon yesterday and was off to a pretty good start with my fluids. Unfortunately, I hit a bump in the evening and became super tired, nauseated and a little dehydrated. Things only got worse from there. I have extreme gas pains in my upper right shoulder that are aggravated when I sleep. So I was up every couple hours walking and trying to switch positions. Laying on my side helps but hurts my abdomen so I gave up on that. Hopefully I can get some Protein in today, more liquid and walking so I'll feel a bit better.

Hope everyone else is doing great!

Gm everyone...well iam feeling good getting in my fluids sleep good last nite ...up walking eating some apple sauce and broth .....for gas true gas x took one lastnite before bed it worked....also try benoprotein its a powder that has to smell or taste to put on your food or drinks....7grams of Protein per scoop ...ok good luck and keep the good work....xoxo

Best wishes, truly. Best wishes. It really is going to be an adventure, isn't it? We all just have to get past the actual surgery (mine sched. 10/19). I really can realate to the "Take care, sip, sip, walk, rest, repeat."

Thanks, guys, for checking in! So glad you posted on how you are doing. I keep hearing each day gets a little better, so hope that's true for you guys as well! We're all rooting for you!

Hi guys. I'm sleeved and doing fine. In the hospital for 2 nites (I was behind on fluids so they kept me an extra night...best thing and I'm glad for it). No problems so far. I don't like dealing with the drain, but other wise every day I'm feeling better. sip sip sip, walk walk walk, sleep when you can. Best to all.

Terry

I am now four days post op and I do think that every day gets easier. It is still tough to get all of my liquids in, and I am going crazy because I have been on Clear Liquids since surgery. I get to move to full liquids tomorrow and I am very excited about that, because it includes several things that were not included on my pre-op diet. I have never been so excited to eat cottage cheese in my whole life!

Hi, I was sleeved in Mexicali on the 10th, everything went well and I am 6 days out now.

I have to admit I am not following the rules because the clear liquids and Protein shots were not cutting it for me. My body was craving real food protein! So I have been experimenting with tiny bits of soft Protein. Cottage cheese, PB, mashed banana w/ yogurt, these all went well. Last night I tried some turkey lunch meat and it was uncomfy but stayed down. This morning I tried 1 scrambled egg and it came back up so no more eggs for a long while. I did try soft boiled egg yok yesterday and it was fine.

I'm tired of the Vitamin Water Zero now after so much of it, but I am drinking a lot of Water w/ fresh lemon juice and stevia added. I'm down 8 lbs so far!!!

Hello Terry, glad you are doing so well! When you say 'dealing with the drain' what do you mean exactly? My surgery is next Tues. 10/19. Congratulations on how well you are doing! Mary