Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One of the many problems that being overweight has done to me is that I have PCOS, and imbalance of hormones, and that gives me Hirtuism-dark facial hair. This has gotten worse the more weight I've gained, and I know other people do this too. But what I'm wondering is, does it get any better after some of the weight comes off?? Or does it stay the same forever? Just curious if anyone had noticed!

I've noticed that my arm and leg hair is a lot less thick and coarse and takes much longer to grow back. I've seen some HUGE improvement with the darkness of my facial hair, but it's still fairly thick - probably from all of the Vitamins. I've noticed the lessening of a lot of the other PCOS symptoms as well. The results started after the first 30lbs dropped. Hope this helps, and good luck with yours!

Oh GOOD!! I've been praying that the weight loss helps all of that...it's a pretty depressing problem for me for a long time! I had a doctor tell me once a long time ago that I would just have to deal with the facial hair-a pretty deep blow. 30 lbs doesn't seem that far away either, Thanks!

For me, it has definitely gotten better! Even taking the bio-oil supplement to help the hair on my head from falling out, I have still noticed that my arm and facial hair is so much better already! :)

Have any of you tried laser hair removal? Let me tell you, it has done wonders for me! I was just sleeved on 9/19 so I can't tell you if losing weight will help with it, I do know that I always had a hair problem, ever since I was young and I was thin back then. I would say if losing weight doesn't help with it, please look into the laser. For the first time in my life I don't have any on my face. I go for a clean up once a year now and I feel normal for the first time in forever. It can be pretty pricey so shop around, and if anyone lives near Philly, I can set you up with my gal, she is awesome and reasonable I think!! Good luck!

So how pricey is pricey?? I've been curious about it for a long time...and I'm kind of chicken because it looks like it hurts! I'm a sissy lol!! I started the extra hair at an early age too, but I could get away with bleaching it for a long time. Now it's a daily management thing-pretty embarrassing last week when I couldn't take care of it when i had my carpal tunnel surgery!! My hubby will help me with alot of things, but that's pretty much crossing a permanent line! Thanks for the info!

So how pricey is pricey?? I've been curious about it for a long time...and I'm kind of chicken because it looks like it hurts! I'm a sissy lol!! I started the extra hair at an early age too, but I could get away with bleaching it for a long time. Now it's a daily management thing-pretty embarrassing last week when I couldn't take care of it when i had my carpal tunnel surgery!! My hubby will help me with alot of things, but that's pretty much crossing a permanent line! Thanks for the info!

Now I pay $100.00 each time I go for my entire chin, neck and sides of my face. I am in the maintenance period now so I only need to go once a year or twice a year. When I first started going, my lady charged me $200.00 for the first 3 visits and you do it 6 weeks apart for the first 3 times. After that it was $100.00 and I think I went every few months after that and then it slows down. For my lip it is only $100.00 every time I go regadless of how many times I need to see her for it. You need to go every six weeks for the first few times, because this is how the cycle of hair grows.

It is really expensive to run the machine, that is why it's a little pricey. Like I said shop around, some of the Laser centers you hear about on commercials can be pretty expensive, but you also want to go to someone reputable.

I wouldn't say it hurts, it's a little uncomfortable at first and of course can be more sensitive in areas. My lip hurts a lot more than my face/chin does. I think it stings, people reference it to lightly snapping a rubberband on yourself. Afterwards, the area feels a little warm which reminds me of a light sunburn, but I go home and put a cold washcloth on my face and it goes away within an hour or so.

Let me tell you, my hair was pretty bad, I was plucking everyday and waxing every week and bleaching whenever I could. My face around my chin was so broken out from the irritation it was horrible. This is the single best thing I did for myself and I advocate for anyone who has this problem to try it. I had done electrolysis, didn't do a thing for me. After my first laser treatment, it was a huge difference and I cried because I was so happy. For the first time in my life, I wasn't embarrassed to have my husband caress my face. I mean in just one treatment, the hair was completely gone for a few weeks until the next cycle started to grow in. I tell everyone who will listen that I would do it again in a second. Yes it was a little pricey and when I first started getting it done, my husband and I were struggling to get by, but I skipped eating out lunch at work, stopped getting my nails done and cut corners as much as possible because I deserved it. I suffered with the embarrassement for so long and it feels so good to be mostly hair free.

Also, one other thing, they say it works best on people with fair skin and dark hair. Something about the pigment of the skin and the laser. So unfortunatley African American people they say it doesn't work as well, but then again, it has been a few years since I got the whole shpiel so that may have changed. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me and again, if anyone is near to Philly I can set you up with my girl, she is fantastic!

Laser hair removal has come a long way. There are lasers that work very well on African American skin... trust me I know!! LOL..

Now I pay $100.00 each time I go for my entire chin, neck and sides of my face. I am in the maintenance period now so I only need to go once a year or twice a year. When I first started going, my lady charged me $200.00 for the first 3 visits and you do it 6 weeks apart for the first 3 times. After that it was $100.00 and I think I went every few months after that and then it slows down. For my lip it is only $100.00 every time I go regadless of how many times I need to see her for it. You need to go every six weeks for the first few times, because this is how the cycle of hair grows.

It is really expensive to run the machine, that is why it's a little pricey. Like I said shop around, some of the Laser centers you hear about on commercials can be pretty expensive, but you also want to go to someone reputable.

I wouldn't say it hurts, it's a little uncomfortable at first and of course can be more sensitive in areas. My lip hurts a lot more than my face/chin does. I think it stings, people reference it to lightly snapping a rubberband on yourself. Afterwards, the area feels a little warm which reminds me of a light sunburn, but I go home and put a cold washcloth on my face and it goes away within an hour or so.

Let me tell you, my hair was pretty bad, I was plucking everyday and waxing every week and bleaching whenever I could. My face around my chin was so broken out from the irritation it was horrible. This is the single best thing I did for myself and I advocate for anyone who has this problem to try it. I had done electrolysis, didn't do a thing for me. After my first laser treatment, it was a huge difference and I cried because I was so happy. For the first time in my life, I wasn't embarrassed to have my husband caress my face. I mean in just one treatment, the hair was completely gone for a few weeks until the next cycle started to grow in. I tell everyone who will listen that I would do it again in a second. Yes it was a little pricey and when I first started getting it done, my husband and I were struggling to get by, but I skipped eating out lunch at work, stopped getting my nails done and cut corners as much as possible because I deserved it. I suffered with the embarrassement for so long and it feels so good to be mostly hair free.

Also, one other thing, they say it works best on people with fair skin and dark hair. Something about the pigment of the skin and the laser. So unfortunatley African American people they say it doesn't work as well, but then again, it has been a few years since I got the whole shpiel so that may have changed. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me and again, if anyone is near to Philly I can set you up with my girl, she is fantastic!

I thought i was alone out here, I was actually going to ask this question today when i came across the post. I have been dealing with this issue for a while too and its really embarrassing and annoying because plucking causes an ingrown which then turns into a scar for me, i'm glad to hear that there is hope.

Exactly Vsg Doll!! I've been picking, plucking, waxing, shaving, bleaching and worrying for too long! :angry: I'm thinking that the laser hair removal sounds like a good idea, but I think I'm going to give myself some time to lose some weight at first to see how it turns out. If it doesn't go down as much as I'm wanting, I'm most definately looking into the laser hair removal. It would be nice not to have to worry about it for once!

i went for a consult for my chin and lip. unfortunatly i was not a candidate because my hair pigment was to light. she told me that because the whiskers i have are blonde that the laser couldnt see them. :( just shaving and plucking for me.

i dont have pcos...or at least i havent been diagnosed with it. i havent noticed any difference with my facial hair, or any other hair that i dont like growing. i have noticed that the hair on my head has started to fall out a bit....not to much more than usual though. thankfully i am blessed with...as my hair dresser puts it "three head fulls of hair." so i wont miss any that falls out on my head...just a pain in the ass when it is all over your clothes.

Favoredone, glad to hear that it works for you. Like I said it has been awhile at least six years or so since my first consult and I am glad things have improved. I will have to tell my one friend who was asking about it a couple of years ago. By the way, aren't you just thrilled with the results? Best money I ever spent!!

I'm 7 months out and I can say that it has gotten better. However its definitely not gone. Seems to grow a bit slower and there seems to be a bit less of it. I'm still plucking and using nair for face every now and again (less than pre-surgery.)

Over all with regards to PCOS symptoms, things are definitely getting better. I'm actually having periods (though not regular), carb cravings don't exist, the dark Patches of my skin aren't getting better but its been summer (I live in Texas.)

I was clearly told pre surgery that VSG would NOT cure PCOS but that it would help with getting the symptoms under control and keeping them under control. You can play the 'chicken or egg' first game with our PCOS and weight but regardless we'll have to be vigilant to avoid regain of weight and all regain of all the other PCOS related issues.

I've been thinking about laser treatments but I want to wait and see if more weight loss helps with the hair first.