Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9-20-2011 sleeve date

Finally found the 35g Pure Protein at the Vitamin Shoppe. Hopefully the chocolate and vanilla taste better to me than the strawberry. I like the 23g version... the 35 might take some getting used to! But if I can knock out half the protein with one shake, I'll give it a whirl!

Panda, are you feeling any better? When you say you're eating meat with cheese, what kind of meat? Like HB Meat? chicken? I'm about ready to try chicken again, I think. Hoping for better results!

I'm on my first day of mushies today after 20 days of clear/full liquids. It feels like forever! The first two things I made were: gazpacho Soup - great with avocado and plain greek yogurt and hits my cravings for salad; and CHOPPED LIVER!! I'm a Jewish girl and grew up on it - delicious and extremely high in Protein and (fanfare) Iron. Having a 30 gr. Premier Protein shake every morning for Breakfast, I've been able to get in the rest of my protein through food pretty easily. In the last couple days I've decided to try and up the iron content of my meals as well. I found a recipe for lentil/spinach soup that should be good. Lentils are another great source of iron as well as protein. I hope this might be helpful!

Was reading this thread, and noticed Pure Protein. If you have Trader Joes around you, they have it there. It is yummy, my favorite ready made shake by far.

Thanks for your support! I tried something totally off the wall today I blended up my protein powered with the cup of skim milk and got it all creamy then put it in the freezer and i actually got 1/4 cup down! It was like ice cream lol so three more servings and i got 61grams!! *crosses fingers* I hope i can get it down as easily again took my full alloted 20 min but not giving up! Do you know if that could stretch my sleeve? with ice cream being a slider food i'm guessing that's how i got more then usual down...:unsure: Oh yah and no Meijer by me just kings and safeway is that one of them in a diff name?

Was reading this thread, and noticed Pure Protein. If you have Trader Joes around you, they have it there. It is yummy, my favorite ready made shake by far.

No Trader Joes or Meijer, sucks! Thanks for the response though!

Hey k__ the avocado sounds good, is it Protein packed?

Geeewhy, yay you got the pure Protein, the vanilla is good, banana is yuck, i want to try chocolate, ive been drinking Atkins milk chocolate only 15g protein for the same calories, lame. And the meat, like i had some roasted chicken breast sliced into 1/4 cup or another day i had rotisserie baked turkey. Now i've been addicted to chili lol made a yummy pot. Can't wait for Tuesday, reg diet rules =D finally get to try cracker pizza haha

.....so jealous of u guys. Saw my doc today and still have one more week of full liquids including pudding and yogurt. I have snuck refried Beans in already but looking forward to egg and more!. Glad u guya found "pure protein". Really, two cans and you have all your Protein in for the day!

Love my chili, for sure - also great with plain greek yogurt, btw. I use plain greek yogurt on whatever I'd normally put sour cream on. So good.

The avocado doesn't add Protein, but I love avocado, it's a "good" fat, and adds to the creamy texture, along with taste of course!

P.S. Premier Protein (from Costco) is different than Pure Protein (from Trader Joes). 30 gr vs. 15 gr.

Good news! The 35g Frosty chocolate is delicious. I've found my go to Protein supplement :). Thanks Ter!

That's asesome! I'm glad it worked out for you. It makes such a difference to be able to get all the Protein u need in without feeling like its disgusting!

Still searching stores for the 35gs lol I saw 15 at kings, going to try target, next *crosses fingers* Happy for ya Geee glad your set, and happy to know that the chocolate is good, if i can find it.

Had some cashews today for my snack, yum, had no problems, the doc never said if it was okay or not in my papers, but after further research people see it's a healthy good fat, so I have my work snack pick out, yay!

I totally didn't think about putting the yogurt in the chili! Thanks will totally be doing that tonight!

Are there any other RTD Protein shakes with over 30gs?

oh yeah is anyone else tired? I've been like totally exhausted the past couple of days, I get tons of sleep, all my Protein and Vitamins but throughout the day I just feel like I'm run down... :(

I was, but I'm getting better. Played a round of golf yesterday and was absolutely tuckered by the end. But, I made it with no issue smile.gif

I was, but I'm getting better. Played a round of golf yesterday and was absolutely tuckered by the end. But, I made it with no issue smile.gif

Wow I was looking at your ticker Geee, great job! 82 pounds!!!! I wish =P

...............WHAT! 82 pounds lost? Awesome! Did this involve a pre-op diet? I have only lost 20lbs over the past four weeks. Pre op I lost about 10 lbs for a total of 30. GeeeWhy, plz share your secret with us!