Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Body For Life Anyone?

I started the Body for Life program - wondering if there is anyone else out there who has done this program and what were your results.

Marilyn

I did Body For Life a few years ago and lost about 20 pounds or so. Man was it hard! The work outs about killed me! I felt really good when I was done with the program though.

Good luck to you!

I've got the book, blah, too many rules. To much weirdo Protein drinking, I just used the book to give me some ideas about what to do with the dumbells I have at home, and then never did them anyway, lol.

I just cant be bothered living on such a strict diet where you have to drink this at that time, etc etc etc.

And I'm sure all the pictures are NOT the results people achieved in 12 weeks!

I got the book and loved the ideas about weight training, but I never followed the program to a "T". I do like his recipe book, though!

I did Body For Life in 2001 - 2004 and I lost over 100 lbs, but then I moved out here to California and have 3 online businesses and have gained it all back. :)

But I get banded on August 14th HELL YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH and then I will go back on the BFL and pump my self up again while losing.

Can't wait!!!!

Eating for Life and Body for Life are the "textbooks" of my doctor's office. I have the Body for Life book but haven't really started it but the Eating for Life book is what has helped me lose almost 100 lbs already! Have you read Eating for Life too?

I did BFL many times over the past few years. I did manage to lose about 20 lbs. I am going to back to using the recipes from Eating for Life. They are so good and eay to make! I think I will do a challenge in the few weeks. I would love to see how far i can go now that I am banded!!! Maybe we should start a BFL challenge ourselves and enter?????

I did BFL a few years ago and lost 30 pounds in 12 weeks. The workouts were hard; I kept a little journal of all of my weights and reps so I could see how far I've come (I'm making a new little journal for myself now.)

Bill Phillips endorses EAS (whatever the brand) shakes because it's his brand. That's why there's so much emphasis on drinking those Protein shakes and eating the Protein bars: He makes more money when you buy them.

I think some of those people had to do BFL multiple cycles before they attained their results. I agree - some of those pictures are a little too hard to believe, but I do think the pictures are authentic, and those people did change their bodies through exercise. I could see my muscles getting "cut" even through my 270 pound bodyflab. :biggrin1:

The program is awesome but takes a lot of time and dedication. It's much easier to follow if you have a partner. I would love to get back on that program once I lost some weight. The results will be even greater, I believe. But for now I want to concentrate on my cardio.

Nathalie

Hi,

I do the pyramid weight training ideas presented in BFL. I do WAY more cardio than suggested and I do cardio every day, but love the way the loading of weights and reps really helps build strength and muscle.

R