Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First sleevers, how is everyone doing?

Man! I'm still stalled. 20+ pounds sounds wonderful, I'm jealous. Oh well, let's hope it doesn't last long. I have been able to get in all Protein and fluids since a couple days out, but my doc uses a larger bougie. Maybe that's why? <shrug> I am looking forward to exercising again, but boy o boy does my body let me know when I"ve over done it. Keep plugging along everyone.

I was sleeved on the 12th. I have lost 16 lbs since my surgery date. I am in utter disbelief at how quickly the weight has dropped. That puts my weight loss total at 20 lbs. Oooh yeahhh.

Anyway, I still feel kind of "meh". I have no energy!

Yes the energy zap SUCKS!!! Walking around the grocery store wears me out!!

I am doing pretty well on the weight loss front--but sucking on getting in enough Protein. I LOVE being able to eat cream of potato Soup (strain out potatoes) and have been living on that, cream of chicken soup, jell-o, and popsicles. I have not been keeping track of calories, but the liquids are really going down well and can't wait to start on mushies soon!!!

Trizzy - have you tried unflavored Protein like from Unjury? I've been putting that in my Soup broth and it has 20g protein. Doesn't really change the flavor of the soup and seems like an easier way than drinking the horrible pseudo-chocolate shakes!

I was sleeved on the 2nd and so far 15.6 lbs. I had a setback where I have not been able to do much exercise due to a pulled/tore muscle or scar tissue below my belly button on the left side. It started 6 days ago and today was the first time I was able to do a little walking. Glad it is getting better though, I was starting to worry. Surgeon said if not any better to call today but I think I am on the mend. Just felt too good at first and overdid it. I have found about every 5 days I gain like .5 lbs. Don't know what that is about. Just on the chart I have it is always like every 5 days. Where do you find the Injury powder, do you have to order it?

I feel for you. I had the same thing happen to me. I hurt to bend or walk or lay down....well everything hurt. I hurt it on day 5 and here I am day 18 and it still hurts just not to the point of crying like before. Glad to hear your mending and keep taking it easy for a while. No need to hurt yourself again. You have your whole life to exercise now.lol

Thanks Julie, sorry it happened to you but gives me a little heads up as to how long it will take to mend. Hope you feel better soon too.

I feel great. My surgery was on the 11th, and I am now just chomping at the bit to see the weight loss and get back on food. I have 5 incisions -- 3 for the surgery itself, 1 for the drain, and 1 for a liver biopsy. Two incision sites are healed, and the others are on their way. I have gotten my Protein in every day, and I have taken all of my supplements on schedule. I think I missed my liquid goal one day.

My followup is on the 30th, and I'm scheduled out of work until the 12th of September. I think I'm going to get that changed to let me go back to work sooner. The only downer is that I was at 409 the day after surgery and am just at 402 now. I started my liver shrinking diet at 450 and lost down from 480 during my diet/coaching period. I am seeing differences in my body, so I think it's kind of like the explanation I saw yesterday for stalls. When the body burns fat, it creates something called glycogen that requires 4 pounds of Water for every pound of it or something like that. I am therefore going to be okay with this even though I was mentally figuring I'd be in the 300s by now. I'll just get to the 300s in a few more days. All will be well. :)

It's either one chicken stock with Unjury Chicken and two shakes (Boost Glucose Control or Carnation plus Protein powder) or two chicken stock with Unjury and one shake. I'm sadly just about of Unjury and chomping at the bit to get my delivery so I can minimize my shakes. They're not bad, but I feel a bit heavy in the digestive system after the shakes. I don't with the Unjury.

It's either one chicken stock with unjury chicken and two shakes (Boost Glucose Control or Carnation plus Protein powder) or two chicken stock with Unjury and one shake. I'm sadly just about of Unjury and chomping at the bit to get my delivery so I can minimize my shakes. They're not bad, but I feel a bit heavy in the digestive system after the shakes. I don't with the Unjury.

Thanks, I'm gonna have to break down and order some Unjury. Haven't tried it yet.

I think I have the pulled whatever you guys are talking about - leaning over to get a scoop of dog food about kills me! We have a stacked washer and dryer (front loads) and I squatted down one day to get the stuff from the wash to the dryer and just about died! I'm ok as long as I don't bend over or squat!

I was sleeved on August 8th and have lost 12 pounds since then, but 10 of that was in the first week. I think a lot of it was Water loss, as I was barely able to get any liquids down due to the swelling. Once the swelling went down and I replenshied my water, the scale seemed stuck for about a week. It has just started moving again in the last day or two. Hopefully it starts to pick up again. But, I am feeling great now. Almost back to normal and lots of energy. Good luck to everyone!

scale moved again...finally. I'm now down 15lbs since surgery. But the week I wasn't losing I did shrink and fit into clothes I couldnt the week before. No complaints.