Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP! I can't stand this anymore!

HELP! I can't stand this. I'm on my fourth day of liquid dieting and I'm dreaming of food. I'd give my right arm for a plate of spagetti. I don't know how I'm going to make it through this process. I feel like crying. Sometimes I just wanna say #$@# it, and eat something, but I know if I do that I'll be screwing myself, so I won't do it. How did you all get through this stage without losing it completely? I'd appreciate any advice offered. thanx!

I didn't have to do a pre-op diet, but I did do the liquid Optifast last year. I understand your frustration. Take it one meal at a time. As long as your getting all the nutrition you need (you didn't say what kind of liquid diet your on) you are probably dealing with your head more than your stomach. Try writing in a journal or taking a walk to get your mind off of food. Head hunger is one of the most powerful things IMO....put on your boxing gloves. :boxing: You can do it....just hang in there and take baby steps!!!

:(

cris35, how long did it take you to gain your weight? Years, maybe? Then you can do a week of liquids, can't you? How many diets have you done that you stayed on for weeks, maybe even months....years??? A week should be a walk in the park. Especially when you consider the benefits waiting for you at the end of that week.

The first 4=5 days are the hardest...HANG IN THERE!! Your body is going thro withdrawal from carbs (seriously)....so you will feel like this. But I promise, it will pass and the second week will be better. At least it was for me.

YOU CAN DO IT!!! Take one minute at a time if you have to....don't look at how long you have to do it for; it is too daunting!

Good luck! (it will be sooo worth it in the long run in so many ways: easier surgical procedure, better recovery, easier time eating small after you recupe etc etc)

HELP! I can't stand this. I'm on my fourth day of liquid dieting and I'm dreaming of food. I'd give my right arm for a plate of spagetti. I don't know how I'm going to make it through this process. I feel like crying. Sometimes I just wanna say #$@# it, and eat something, but I know if I do that I'll be screwing myself, so I won't do it. How did you all get through this stage without losing it completely? I'd appreciate any advice offered. thanx!

I'm on my 5th day of doing the pre-op diet. Last night I wrote to a good friend on here and told them how dizzy I was. I am on Carnation Instant Breakfast (and I despise milk). It was getting to the point I couldn't keep it down. My daughter made me a cup of hot tea last night, and that is what I was missing...something hot in my tummy. I'm going today to GNC to get a Protein drink, as I'm not about to give up, but I can't handle milk based products. The headache that stayed for 3 days has finally gone and my stomach has quieted down. As my friend told me, you can do this, and I know she is right. It sucks that so many people don't have to have a pre-op diet and do fine, but my dr. requires one. I'm hanging in there and hoping afterward it will pay off with less gas and wanting to eat less. If you want to talk PM me...I'm right there with you and getting banded on the 18th.

God Bless,

Dody

you can do it!!! you can make it! i start my 10 day liquid diet tomorrow. my surgery date is the 25th. i know it will be hard because i am a carb girl big time! (hispanics love rice! ) :) i will be going to the store soon to get my Jello, and crystal light, and Water, and Soup (i'm not a big fan of soup) but, if my dr requires this, then i want to make sure i do my part. please feel free to pm me if you need more support, or any ideas....good luck and hang in there! :mad:

I've been doing Optifast since 6/21/2006 and here is some advice for ya. The first 4-5 days are hell, don't snack on anything and stick to your 5 meals a day. If you absolutely have to you can have one of those sugar free jellos or a cup chicken stock(broth). Try your hardest not to drink caffeine as it messes with your blood sugar and makes you hungry. Drink lots and lots of Water.

After the first week its just a battle with appetite not hunger. Stick to it and if you feel sluggish start adding whey protien to your shakes.

*edit*

Also, don't take the substitution on the back of the satchel as something you can do, it is meant for when you absolutely can't have the shakes(if you run out and cant get any). I would avoid solid food altogether as it kinda messes up your digestion after you've been on Optifast for awhile.

My first three days were the worst - I agree, carb and suger withdrawals. I did the liquid from June 21 - July 5 (my banding day). It's just a way of life now. You'll get used to it. Just keep yourself busy...I scrapbook, so I just hang out in my room here and work on stuff to keep busy. Before I know it a couple of hours have passed and it's time for another shake :D You can do it!!

Try your hardest not to drink caffeine as it messes with your blood sugar and makes you hungry. Drink lots and lots of Water.

That's useful intel. Obvious to some, but news to me.

For a long time coffee upset my stomach. Now I can drink it again, and I've come out of what was supposed to have been retirement and often drink quite a bit of coffee at work. This may help explain why my weight loss stopped last fall and I've actually gained back 15% of what had been my loss.

Unrelated: My attempt at doing my own fill didn't work out too well. Even when I hit the port, the needle just slid off. Very frustrating. Any cheapskates out there been successful with this?

you can do it, just think what lies ahead? I was banded on April 17.06 and have lost 78lbs thus far. I have been on this side of the coin for to long and I want to live on the other side, the fun side the adventure side.

I did the preop diet the post op diet and liquid diet for a total of six weeks, yes I to wanted to kill anything that walked crawled or flew, but by working the tool that I was given I am still among us. Follow thoses who have gone before you, just remember what works for one does not work for all. On these forums you will learn a lot of info...........take it read it and follow your doctors orders to the letter, there are those who have not lost much because they sabatoge themselves still to this day.