Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie looking for help in SoCal

GdzDva have you heard anything from Kaiser yet?

I just got my Options orientation packet today and made appt for this tuesday the 13. Woohoo. I was reading the packet though and the guidelines seem way off from what I was told by my PCP and from what I read here. As well as the procedure they off, per packet it says RYDGB only I see no mention of VSG. Did I get an old packet??

I like the sound of those results Tippy! I also like the fact that a nice portion of Ghrelin is removed to. I haven't been called for my surgeon consult yet, but I expect it any day now. I'm armed with a list full of questions for him though ;+) now tell me, what was your post op diet like immediately after?

Hi Iliana,

I'm kind of confused. You mean a call to see my surgeon at Pacific or for the Options classes? I graduated Options

Aug. 4th. I have yet to hear from Pacific telling me to come in for my surgeons appt. I called Friday just to see if I could find out some information. To my dismay, I received a recording telling me they were 'closed' for the holiday. I guess they took Friday off, instead of Monday like the rest of us? So, you're saying your packet you received from Kaiser now only talks about RNY or Lap Band? That's weird, because when I was exiting classes they were saying they were likely going to get rid of the LB not the VSG. I do know that by me choosing Pacific, I have the option of choosing, LB, VSG or RNY.....Good to hear from you!!

GdzDva have you heard anything from Kaiser yet?

I just got my Options orientation packet today and made appt for this tuesday the 13. Woohoo. I was reading the packet though and the guidelines seem way off from what I was told by my PCP and from what I read here. As well as the procedure they off, per packet it says RYDGB only I see no mention of VSG. Did I get an old packet??

Sorry for the confusion. I was just saying that I hope that you hear from your surgeon soon. I signed up for Options Class Orientation. I receive a package in the mail sent by Kaiser. In the pamphlet it talked about the requirements and services they offer. To me it sounds like they sent me an old pamphlet because of the surgery they are offering and requirements. Prior to attending the Options class, did you receive anything in the mail and did you go to an Options Orientation?? Hope you hear from your surgeon soon!!

ooooH ;o) Ok, I get it now. Ummm, yes I went to the Orientation back in Jan and didn't get scheduled for my classes until May. I just called Kaiser this week and was told that they are backlogged to July's graduates so it looks like I'm in for a little wait :( I didn't get a pamphlet though. Once I got into the class they gave us a binder and handouts on various topics each week. Good Luck with your journey...Hey FYI if you'd like you can catch up with me on FB also...there's a whole WLS community there as well Im "Gdzdiva"

Sorry for the confusion. I was just saying that I hope that you hear from your surgeon soon. I signed up for Options Class Orientation. I receive a package in the mail sent by Kaiser. In the pamphlet it talked about the requirements and services they offer. To me it sounds like they sent me an old pamphlet because of the surgery they are offering and requirements. Prior to attending the Options class, did you receive anything in the mail and did you go to an Options Orientation?? Hope you hear from your surgeon soon!!

Mimi,

Was wondering what happened with you, did you get your surgery date yet?

I'm a newbie too...So Cal Kaiser patient living in Los Angeles. I just finished week 2 of the Options program. I got into the program almost right after my PCP referred me. I've seen the bariatric doctor and he has approved me to move forward for VSG. I first wanted lap band (like you) but you know, the more I read about it, the worse it sounded. My niece has it and she has had a lot of problems eating. My best friends wife also has it, but she stalled out on her weight loss after 40 lbs. and also had irritation issues near the port.

It is my understanding that right after surgery we will be having a clear Fluid diet, then move toward regular fluids - Soups and such, then pureed food, then soft diet until completely healed, and then move toward more natural eating, but of course at much smaller portions. Because of the portion size, we will have to be sure to get the most out of our food nutrition wise - and lots of Protein.

I'm excited to be in the program and look forward to a healthier future!

Katie

I think depending on where you have your surgery they are scheduling any where from 2-3 months to 6 months out.....Once your classes are done then you have to get all your testing done depending on your health and what the surgeon requires. Its rush rush , wait wait then OMG I have a date........Good luck to you all and just take it all in one day at a time :rolleyes:

Hi Katie,

Funny you should ask LOL! I just finished up my surgeon, psych & internist consults TODAY!! YIPPEEEEE It was a long time coming but when I look back on it, it really did go quickly. I have to say God is definitely on my side, I was in each appt less than 20 mins and everyone told me right then and there "yes" giving me the green light to be scheduled. Even my surgeon, Dr. Tanaka, was pleased with my decision of VSG; so now, i'm good to go!!! Kaiser has really changed, you've seen your surgeon already and you're not even done with your Options classes yet??

Mimi,

Was wondering what happened with you, did you get your surgery date yet?

I'm a newbie too...So Cal Kaiser patient living in Los Angeles. I just finished week 2 of the Options program. I got into the program almost right after my PCP referred me. I've seen the bariatric doctor and he has approved me to move forward for VSG. I first wanted lap band (like you) but you know, the more I read about it, the worse it sounded. My niece has it and she has had a lot of problems eating. My best friends wife also has it, but she stalled out on her weight loss after 40 lbs. and also had irritation issues near the port.

It is my understanding that right after surgery we will be having a clear Fluid diet, then move toward regular fluids - Soups and such, then pureed food, then soft diet until completely healed, and then move toward more natural eating, but of course at much smaller portions. Because of the portion size, we will have to be sure to get the most out of our food nutrition wise - and lots of Protein.

I'm excited to be in the program and look forward to a healthier future!

Katie

yeah, at my visit today they told me to expect 3wks to hear from them about my scheduling....all in all it has been about 2 mos since graduation to hear from Pacific and go in for the consult...so another month to hear about surgery and no telling when that will be....

I think depending on where you have your surgery they are scheduling any where from 2-3 months to 6 months out.....Once your classes are done then you have to get all your testing done depending on your health and what the surgeon requires. Its rush rush , wait wait then OMG I have a date........Good luck to you all and just take it all in one day at a time :rolleyes:

So great to hear that you are a step closer Miyme!! woohoo! Keep us update for sure! I am adding you on my FB so keep an eye out for me. I started my Options Class last week. So nervous about the required weight loss. I have to lose about 27lbs, not sure how I will make it by the end of 12 weeks and maintain it off. They made it seem mandatory, what was your experience in regards to the required weight loss?