Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I do'nt have anyone else to talk to....

There is a prayer "sticky" note thread that I encourage you to post on. You will have lots of people praying for you and your family in no time!

If you haven't sought spiritual solutions, please try. There's a church nearby with friendly people who have children and needs like yours, and we're always stronger with faith and friends by our side. No one needs to be alone.

God loves you, and you need to love you, too.

We're here to help.

Cindy

Dear you are in major depression. There are some options. One call the psychiatrists office and read them this post. If that doesn"t get you an earlier appt. try a uniniversity nearby because they may have conseling services. If things get worse go to the ER. When they ask whats wrong tell them you are having anxiety so you don't have to explain everything. When you see the doctor tell her/him how depressed/anxious you are. They may be able to start you on meds and or get you an earlier psych appt either with the person you were going to or another. I wouln't wait.You and your family deserve happier times. This isn"t your fault . You have something biochemical going on, go and get it fixed. Look forward to hearing how your doing.

Sorry for what you're going through. I too have struggled with anxiety and depression in the past. It sounds like you need to call your primary doctor and ask him or her to see you as soon as possible. At that appointment, you can get a prescription for an anti-anxiety medication and an anti-depressant. When you see the phsychiatrist you can make an action plan for therapy to go along with the meds. No need to suffer like this. Life is stressful enough without the addition of panic attacks! When you have the panic under control, you will be much better able to cope with the stressors of the kids, the house, etc. Take care and good luck!

Hey,

I want you to know you are not alone out there. I know it is easy for me to say but I do know what it is like to be down and out. It seems we have no where to turn. Everyone says do this and do that but I found that the most helpful advice I could do for me was to make time for myself. To make goals for me and to make myself happy. It truly is true that you cannot make anyone else happy in your life unless you make yourself happy. Take little steps to finding out what makes you happy and do it. It does not have to cost money but take the time for YOU. After all you deserve it and your family will notice the change. I am here if you need to talk. I won't get into my past down and out days on here but I am here if you need a shoulder to cry on, an ear to listen or whatever the case may be. Hang in there and try to smile. You have children who need you very very much. HUGS to you.

Mary

Ps My email is janieh123@yahoo.com email me anytime.

I hope that by now you have gotten in touch with someone who can give you some help with your emotions. You need to take care of yourself. Sounds like you are going through an especially rough spot and you may need some meds to help smooth things out for you.

I am a teacher of kids with special needs and almost all parents who have kids with special needs are spread pretty thin. No matter what disability your child has, there are lots of organizations or govt programs that offer respite services to parents, especially with your family income being reduced due to your dh's schooling. Check with your school district or your state's department that is over disabilities.

And twins, too??? I can't help you there! It's no wonder you are cratering!

Please feel free to private message me if I can help you with any special ed issues. Maybe I can give you some ideas or some places to start looking for help.

Good luck!

Colleen

Love, hugs and blessings are sent your way. "This too, shall pass". Just give it time. Remember that you are not alone and that you are loved.

Hey There,

Hang in there... Remember why you did this.... One thing I've learned the hard way is that you can't be everything to everyone else because if you do this you become nothing to yourself.....That will bring back all the negativity. Overwhelming yourself with everything in not the solution....Do what you can at work, at home....Don't put yourself last......Are there any support groups in your area?

Hang in there and remember if the problems that surround you have a solution consider yourself lucky because the things that have no solutions and have no answers are the things that should truly worry us.... Good Luck...

Hey, it's me again! I just thought of a couple of other things:

Call the psychiatrist again. Tell them it is an emergency. They will probably ask if you are having suicidal thoughts. Tell them yes. They will see you or refer you to someone immediately. Once you get in there, you can say what you have to say, but the thing is to get in. I think you have heard from enough people who can vouch for the fact that this is not going to fix itself.

Do what you need to do to take care of you. If you don't, who will take care of yours kids? They need their mom to be well and happy. Moms are used to putting their needs after everyone else's. You are the priority right now. You get to go to the head of the line.

I have heard people make an analogy that is a good one. When you are taking off in an airplane, the flight attendant comes on and gives the safety instructions. They tell you that if the oxygen masks come down and you are with a child, for you to put your mask on first and then the child. You won't be able to help your child if you lose consciousness.

You have a lot of people here pulling for you and you can do this. I know it is hard and that there is still a lot of stigma associated with having emotional problems, but that is other people's ignorance. This doesn't have to be a "for the rest of your life" thing either. You may just need some help getting your panic attacks under control.

Let us know how you are doing later on! Hang in there!

Colleen

I know you live in a small town, but most hospitals have some sort of "life stress unit". Ours does and believe me I've thought of checking in more than once. Please if things don't get better get checked in. Forget about everything else... your husband and mil WILL pick up the slack, they have no choice. YOU NEED A BREAK!

WOW!!! what a super great thread!

YES God cares, knows, and will always Be There For You... even if it seems He isn't.

Whomever mentioned the two kids - three if I count my husband has hit the nail on the head! I used to say that ALL the time to (girl)friends.

You know what? I think they (hubbys) consciously or subconsciously get soapy Water ALL OVER the place when they do dishes or kids in the tub, just so you won't ask them ever again to do said chore. As for MILs... that is a hard one. I'm assuming she's the babysitter & that's why she feels making demands is OK..... that's a tough one. We are instructed to honor our parents... but then again, Jesus never had a Mother In Law... LOL. (just kidding....) You can't do a lot about her, exept ask hubby to talk with her.

CYMBALTA is one med I have been told works on depression and anxiety attacks. Remember tho, anxiety attacks is our bodies or brains or both giving us very clear signals that we are scared $#itless... and most likely for very good reasons....

Bunnies die of fright -thankfully- before the coyotes reach them and rip them to shreds... we don't have that luxury. See a shrink -fib to hubby and say she told him he has to accompany you... teehee- and get on the meds - the faster the better.

I'm on meds - the strongest dose allowed. They barely help, but they do.

I wonder how your hubby is going to be a counselor, if he seriously needs one himself.... anyway,

Please, self-love as best you can, let us help you any way we can (women are GREAT at networking!), and keep praying. Prayer is an awesome tool/weapon.

PS: the Salvation Army idea shared in this thread was a good one - I didn't think of that! :Banane56:

Hugs,

Nanette

<><

Hi Stephanie,

What is a life stress unit, please? :Banane56:

thanks!

plumptuous

<><

... most hospitals have some sort of "life stress unit". Ours does ...quote]

What you describe in your post are the signs and symptoms of depression and anxiety disorder. Paxil has been shown to treat panic attacks but you need professional help (medication and therapy) to deal with the depression.

I would caution you NOT to say you have feelings of suicide if, in fact, you don't. I am an RN and, if a person is expressing suicidal ideation, there is something called "2 PC." What 2 PC means is the hospital gets 2 physicians to consent to involuntary hospitalization in a psych unit. Therefore, it doesn't matter what your wishes are. You are deemed not competent and others will make medical decisions for you.

In writing your post, you cried out for help. Realizing you have a problem and realizing you need help are two big steps to wellness. For now, make a list of "have to do's" and "would like to do's." Involve your kids and hubby in cleaning the house but do it one room at a time. At work, don't try and do it all. No one can EVER do it all and you're doomed to failure if that's how you begin the day. Make a work priority list and do what's important first.

When you look at the big picture you can become paralyzed. Instead, break the big picture down into manageable parts and set mini-goals. Once you make progress on mini-goals, life seems a bit less unfair.

Hi, I haven't posted in a while. I was banded on June 8 2006. It seems like I am going to be a very slow loser. The support group I go to is mainly gastric bypasses. It was real discouraging to go and hear about the fabulous wt losses. Has anyone else had this experience? I started walking and just last week started using the wt machines at the helath club. Does the meatbolism ever speed up?

I am trying to be grateful for all the positives in my life since surgey.

When I first started trying to use the treadmill, all i could huff and puff and do at 2.1 miles hour was 15 min. Now , I am up to an hour at a time. Does anyone have any suggestions to rev up the metabolism?

Have a great Sunday afternoon.

Hugs

TinaH

Fholts,

I am praying for you right now. Sometimes I think things are out of our hands and we have to ask God for help. He will not let you down. I have experienced alot of the same things you are going through but I know everyone's is different. I have a wonderful husband, he makes a wonderful living, and takes care of us very well, but I'm just 2 weeks out banded and I try to keep up with him but when I can't he gets really mad and tells me to just go to bed. I rode 4 wheelers for over 6 hours yesterday and helped my son work on his before he wrecked and today I just don't feel good and it's his day off so now he's pissed off at me. I tell him I'm doing the best I can.

Then my son who just had the accident, he's almost 19, living at home, loves to party with friends and drink alcohol. It's so hard on our marriage and I pray everyday God will take care of him and us. He says he's enlisting in the Army and although I will never quit crying when he does I know it's for the best for him.

Just try to think positive and try to take some time each day if your religious to ask for God's help, and we'll all be praying for you as well. Try when your attacks comeon to go some where peaceful to get your thoughts together and relax. You can do this and we're all here if you need to talk, pm me I would feel honored to talk to you or just post on here we're always here for each other.

In a way we're all family. We have had something done to our bodies that just not everybody has, so we have a bond.

Love you and sending hugs your way,

Sherri