Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band to Sleeve Revision Approved

Well I am now officially sleeved . . . I had surgery yesterday(Wed) morning and I was discharged this evening. I am now home and on the end. My band removal and then the VGS went really well and smooth. Dr. Taylor at Barix clinic in Ypsilanti did a wonderful job.

I met with him about 5 weeks ago and we made this decision to revise my lapband to VGS. He indicated that he wanted me to loose some additional weight. I had initially lost the 83 with the band and then gained 35 lbs back. Well, I started power walking 4 weeks ago and have covered 63 miles at about a 15:20 pace. The big news is that when I stood on the scale just before my surgery I had lost all 35 lbs and was back down to my lowest lapband weight. I am really pleased with that and so was my Dr.

I have very little pain at this time but I do have a small amount of nausea. Got plenty of meds to handle each of these issues. I have been able to down 2 clear liquid meals. . . chicken broth, raspberry Jello, and a crystal light drink.

Anyway I am headed to bed as I am a bit tired. Hopefully tomorrow will be as smooth as today. I am sure there will ups and downs throughout the first 2 weeks.

Congrats! Best wishes for a speedy recovery......sounds like one so far. I found out today that I have not been approved yet. Hopefully, next week. Keep us updated.

Excellent!! I'm glad to hear everything went smooth. And, not to mention a big CONGRATS on getting back to your lowest Lap Band weight before surgery... WOW!!! That is a huge accomplishment! Very noteworthy, and with that I KNOW you're going to really kick butt with your sleeve.

Please continue to update us on how its going! :D

thanks for the nice comments Irene? . . LilMissDiva!!! I like that handle/forum name. LOL

It is now 12 days post-op and I am doing fabulous. Gained 17 during surgery with all the IV's and have lost that plus 12 lbs. Hooray!!! I am back to my walking and have covered 13 additional miles for a total of 76 in the last 6 weeks. I am at my lowest in 20 years. Feels awesome and I have had absolutely no issues so far. Following the dietary recommendations of liquids first week and full liquids the second week. Have Dr.'s appt. on Thursday and will step it up to pureed if all goes well. Then soft foods the following week.

I have had a small bit of Acid Reflux but have some meds to keep that down which is working.

I put a T-shirt on today that I hate to wear as it feels like I am in a spring or slinky. The weave is just tight and doesn't give. Usually I take it off after 2 hours and find something comfortable. Well guess what. It is loose and feels wonderful. Small WOW moment.

I am keeping up this walking and it is not even like exercise. My heart rate is really low for as fast as I am walking and that is good. BP is normal and my AM blood sugar has been under 97 the last three days. Awesome.

Anyway, just wanted to do a bit of updating/bragging. . . LOL Feels so good that I just want to shout it from the rooftop. My goal is to take my weight to 199 which is 2 lbs above my wedding weight back in 1968. that would be awesome.

thanks for the nice comments Irene? . . LilMissDiva!!! I like that handle/forum name. LOL

It is now 12 days post-op and I am doing fabulous. Gained 17 during surgery with all the IV's and have lost that plus 12 lbs. Hooray!!! I am back to my walking and have covered 13 additional miles for a total of 76 in the last 6 weeks. I am at my lowest in 20 years. Feels awesome and I have had absolutely no issues so far. Following the dietary recommendations of liquids first week and full liquids the second week. Have Dr.'s appt. on Thursday and will step it up to pureed if all goes well. Then soft foods the following week.

I have had a small bit of Acid Reflux but have some meds to keep that down which is working.

I put a T-shirt on today that I hate to wear as it feels like I am in a spring or slinky. The weave is just tight and doesn't give. Usually I take it off after 2 hours and find something comfortable. Well guess what. It is loose and feels wonderful. Small WOW moment.

I am keeping up this walking and it is not even like exercise. My heart rate is really low for as fast as I am walking and that is good. BP is normal and my AM blood sugar has been under 97 the last three days. Awesome.

Anyway, just wanted to do a bit of updating/bragging. . . LOL Feels so good that I just want to shout it from the rooftop. My goal is to take my weight to 199 which is 2 lbs above my wedding weight back in 1968. that would be awesome.

SHOUT OUT FROM TEXAS! WOO!!HOO!! CONGRATS!!!

On Sept 11 I participated in an 8K run/walk(5 mi) and feelt fantastic. That is 25 days out from revision surgery. I have been power walking since July 17th which is when my Dr. and I decided to do the lapband to sleeve revision. I lost the 35 lbs I had gained and have lost another 20 lbs since surgery.

You can see the details of the run in the Fitness forum: 8k run/walk details and pics

I am pretty proud of this race. . . . Jolly my golden retriever who walks with me every night did the 8k with me also.

On Sept 11 I participated in an 8K run/walk(5 mi) and feelt fantastic. That is 25 days out from revision surgery. I have been power walking since July 17th which is when my Dr. and I decided to do the lapband to sleeve revision. I lost the 35 lbs I had gained and have lost another 20 lbs since surgery.

You can see the details of the run in the Fitness forum: 8k run/walk details and pics

I am pretty proud of this race. . . . Jolly my golden retriever who walks with me every night did the 8k with me also.

WOW!!!!! :blink: You are some kinda superstar!!!! Keep up the amazing progress!

LOL . . . No superstar . . . just damned determined to get this weight off and keep it off.

WTG!!! Keep us posted. I am having revision surgery on October 5th. I started my pre-op a week early so I can ease in to it.

Charlene, you day is coming. . . You have made a great decision. Just follow the Dr's program . . every detail . . and you will be successful with this sleeve. I am expiencing all of the effects that I expected from my lapband. It is restricting me from overeating. 1/2-3/4 cup and that is it. And, that is something new for me. Volume has always been my downfall.

Good luck with your surgery and get up and get moving after the surgery as soon as you can. You window of opportunity is the first 6 months after your surgery.

Charlene, you day is coming. . . You have made a great decision. Just follow the Dr's program . . every detail . . and you will be successful with this sleeve. I am expiencing all of the effects that I expected from my lapband. It is restricting me from overeating. 1/2-3/4 cup and that is it. And, that is something new for me. Volume has always been my downfall.

Good luck with your surgery and get up and get moving after the surgery as soon as you can. You window of opportunity is the first 6 months after your surgery.

Thanks, PapaBob! I have been easing in to the pre-op this week. I am looking forward to restriction that doesn't go from wide open to getting stuck. I have started buying supplies. One thing I bought was prep bowls from Pampered Chef. I will be able to put 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, and 1 cup food in them and put a lid on them. I bought Protein drinks from Vitamin Shoppe. 30g of Protein in grape and punch flavor. I will keep you posted.