Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am proud and excited to say that as July 18th I have officially joined the 2 century club! I am now down 204lbs since the start of this journey. I still can not believe it's gone as well as it has. I thank God for the success he has allowed me to see with this process.

For the first time in at least 23 years I am under 300lbs. This takes me back to my early days in high school. I have never been at my current weight as an adult. I still keep expecting to wake up from this dream and find myself still carrying around nearly 500lbs of mass.

For all those that have 200+ to lose and question if it can happen for them let me tell you it can and will. I started this journey at 492 lbs with a BMI of 72ish. If I can do it, so can you.

0718118.jpg

07181110.jpg

0718116b.jpg

That's terrific! It will be months before I get there, but it's really encouraging to hear your story. You look great and healthy!

Paul - That's amazing! Congratulations!! You've done really well and should be proud. I remember a few months ago we were almost neck to neck in terms on pounds lost but you've really pulled ahead. Do you mind sharing your daily calories, carbs and what kind of workout you are getting in. Thanks.

Paul - That's amazing! Congratulations!! You've done really well and should be proud. I remember a few months ago we were almost neck to neck in terms on pounds lost but you've really pulled ahead. Do you mind sharing your daily calories, carbs and what kind of workout you are getting in. Thanks.

No problem, glad to help out. Keep in mind I'm a little over 6 months out. Here's a typical day for me:

Breakfast Calories Fat Protein

1/2 cup egg beaters with 1oz 2% cheese 140 5 19

AM snack

Protein Bar 170 5 15

lunch

Small Wendys Chili (yep fast food) 220 7 19

dinner

4 Oz chicken Breast with 1 oz 2 % cheese 180 6 29

PM Snack

12oz GNC whey Isolate 28 Protein shake 280 2 40

with 1/2% Milk

Total 990 25 122

I am less regimented on my workouts now because I'm back in college and don't set enough time aside to focus on workouts, shame on me. Having said that. I play alot of golf, usually walking at least 9 hole once a week and hitting golf balls at the driving range for 1 1/2-2hours 2 or 3 times a week. Let me know if you have any other questions and thanks for the comments.

Thanks. My total calories are usually around 800-850 and Protein around 80-90, a bit lower than yours (I'm at 8 months out) , maybe I should up them a little and see if that speeds up the loss. Do you track carbs?

Thanks. My total calories are usually around 800-850 and Protein around 80-90, a bit lower than yours (I'm at 8 months out) , maybe I should up them a little and see if that speeds up the loss. Do you track carbs?

No I don't track carbs. The one thing I hang my hat on from all the conversations online and in person with WLS patients is getting in the Protein. I think that is so vital. I would think that 800-850 is a bit low, especially if you're getting in any kind of regular exercise. Try shooting for 1000 cals and 100 grams of protein/ day for a week and see how it goes. Good luck!

Pretty amazing. Congrats! At what rate are you losing now?

Thank you. Here's a copy of a running total I'm keeping on one of my blogs. These are all in reference to my intitial consultation weight on Nov 23, 2010. From that date until my surgery date, Jan 10, 2011 I lost 36lbs.

3-7-2011 I have lost a total of 94lbs, which makes me 80% of the man I used to be.

3-14-2011 (-)103lbs, 78%

3-21-2011 (-)108lbs, 77%

4-11-2011 (-)123lbs, 75%

5-16-2011 (-)150lbs, 69.5%

6-20-2011 (-)180lbs, 63.4%

7-18-2011 (-)204lbs, 58.5%

8-1-2011 (-) 212lbs, 56.9%

8-15-2011 (-)221lbs, 55.0%

That's awesome. Looks like you're still losing pretty fast. You probably won't plateau for a while. I'm another guy that needs to lose 200+, so this is encouraging.

Very encouraging.. Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work ;)

Wow! Congrats - you are a role model!

I am proud and excited to say that as July 18th I have officially joined the 2 century club! I am now down 204lbs since the start of this journey. I still can not believe it's gone as well as it has. I thank God for the success he has allowed me to see with this process.

For the first time in at least 23 years I am under 300lbs. This takes me back to my early days in high school. I have never been at my current weight as an adult. I still keep expecting to wake up from this dream and find myself still carrying around nearly 500lbs of mass.

For all those that have 200+ to lose and question if it can happen for them let me tell you it can and will. I started this journey at 492 lbs with a BMI of 72ish. If I can do it, so can you.