Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 wks post op..can't see weight loss

DivaDee, my dear room-mate - Patience, girlfriend. It will happen.

I've been reading and studying on this. Week 1 & 2 are 'trauma" weeks where you recouperate from the surgery and rest. Weeks 3 & 4 are a double edged sword - you get to add mushies - YAY! - which then cause a stall - Waa!

So, you patiently wait through those couple of weeks. THEN weeks 5 & 6, you begin to feel more normal. You can start exercising a little more. AND then you begin to see the scale turn around. Most people begin to lose.

So then the NEXT thing is 2-3 months out you are posting some "before/after" photos and "re-shopping" your closet!

BUT -- MONTHS have to pass for this to begin happening.

Wait for it.... wait for it .... wait for it....

lol...love ya!

Ahhhhh haaa I now get it my dear room-mate Yellow Rose!! Thank You for the post because you broke it down & I see clearly what's happening...this surgery is really teaching me about patience!! How are you doing?? I hope all is well..love ya!

I was worried about not losing quickly enough, but I started working out and walking and now it is coming off. I know that I am building muscle which will burn calories more rapidly, but it weighs more than fat. I decided that I would rather lose more slowly, and tone at the same time rather than lose really fast and have lots of loose skin to deal with. Besides, it keeps people from gawking and asking how I'm doing it so fast and if I had surgery. My friend has to deal with that every day!

It was so good for me to find this posting today. I have been stalled for the last couple of days, I was sleeved on 7/11 and initially things were going good. I was moved to soft foods on 7/21 and since then have been stalled. I had lost a total of 16 lbs from 7/2 until 7/21 but nothing since then. I have been on the verge of tears all day today and am wallowing in self pity. I have not been able to get all my Water nor do I think I am getting enough Protein each day but I expected more results. My bowel movements have been few and far between (sorry tmi) and I have been questioning what I'm doing wrong. :angry:

Do you mind me asking how much you weigh and how much you did lose?

I'm not sure who you were asking this question to, but since your post came after mine, I will assume you were asking me. (If not, sorry.) I started at 195, and now I am at 171. I am 24 days post-op. I lost nothing during week 3 which was terrifying, but finally last night I finally went from 172 to 171, whew! I realize my calories and carbs are low, but so is my activity lately. Once I am back to work and more active I'm sure the weight will continue to drop.

I dropped around 5 lbs. my first week and my friend dropped 20 lbs. in ONE WEEK. I learned not to compare myself to others, and to appreciate every pound I did lose.

Stalls are SO frustrating! It feels like your body is rebelling, when really it's just checking to see if everything's ok, and waiting to see if this whole starvation thing was maybe just temporary. I know someone in my surgical support group who stalled for 6 WEEKS! Can you imagine?

At this point, I'm still managing to be amused by the whole thing. I bought a new digital scale before surgery, and I think it's hysterical that I can way EXACTLY the same thing, down to the tenth of a pound, day ... after day ... after day. Seriously? I mean, if I was bouncing around within a .2 - .5 pound range, that would just be frustrating. But EXACTLY the same? The longer it goes on, the harder I laugh.

I'm with Cam - if I lose a bit more slowly, maybe I won't end up with so many shrinkles and bat wings. Hey, I can hope anyway. It's WAY too early to worry that I won't get to my goal.

Now, take a deep breath and then start calculating how many weeks it has taken you to pile the weight on? Two weeks? Most surely not....so the weight WILL come off, but it will come off in a time which your body and mind can handle it! Deep breath and relax is my only advice. It took me 7 months to reach goal-weight, but considering it took me 20 years to put it on - I'm happy! :-)

Good luck and best wishes!