Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid Diet - Day 4

Today is the fourth day of my liquid diet and I can honestly say each day does get better. In reality, it would be a much better experience if I wasn't having these darn hot flashes. My surgeon took me off of my HRT medication until after surgery. For those of you who are on your liquid diet, how is it going for you?

Hey girl...sounds like you're powering through...good job! Hope getting off the meds help your hot flashes! I'm 3 days post op and am blown away by how good i feel! Having gone thru 2 lap band surgeries, this is waaaay better than my previous recoveries. Guess third time is a charm :) I did have some post op nausea, but i have no gas or incision pain and am tolerating liquids with no problems. I can move to full liquids today and just plan on taking it slow. No doubt everyday gets better! I can already tell this is going to be so much better than the band and I can't wait to see the scale plummet! So glad you're doing well with your recovery....keep it up :)

Ok...I just re read your post and realized your are on your pre op diet! Sorry...I was thinking your were post op! You're still doing great and I know you will do so well with your surgery :)

I am on day 4 of my pre op liquid diet too. Today is significantly better. I am hungry, but not ravenous like the first 3 days. I think my headache has finally gone away too. Although, I will admit that I cheated on day 2 and 3, but no more of that, I can't and I know I can't. I have also lost over 9 lbs.

I only have 8 days of liquid, my surgery is on the 19th, I see you don't have surgery until the 25th. Good luck!!

For some reason the liquid diet preop is a lot harder to deal with than the post op liquid diet in my opinion. I struggled and cheated my way along during the preop and was always hungry and felt like I was missing out. Post op I'm not hungry and really don't mind the liquid diet because I'm healing. Same diet but very different feeling

Carmen, my pre-op diet consists of a whey Protein shake for Breakfast, lunch and dinner and a high Protein snack of at least 25 grams of protein. I sip on Clear Liquids and full liquids between meals.

I have have the following clear liquids: Water, broth (any flavor), sf Gelatin, sf popsicles, sf kool-aid, crystal light, Decaf unsweetened coffee and te, diet Arizona tea, diet Snapple and Propel fitness Water.< /p>

Full liquids are low-fat cream Soups, Tomato Soup, low-fat yogurt, skim milk, soy milk, Lactaid milk, sf fudge pops and sf low-fat pudding.

I'm allowed 1300 calories a day but am not coming close to this; at least 100 grams of protein a day; less than 100 grams of carbs

Hey Kim,

Sounds like you are doing great. I start my Pre Op diet on Saturday! It is good to know it is doable. What does your liquid diet consist of? I hope it stays easy and you lose a bunch before surgery. :)

Hey Kim....sounds like you are doing great on your liquid diet. I don't have to do the liquid, but still have to lose 10 lbs. So far, so good on the cabbage Soup diet. I am on day four as well and haven't cheated. I am down my 10 pounds.....Yay, but am still staying on my strict diet to try to lose a few more. I hope the more I lose pre-op the easier my surgery and recovery should be. I cannot believe in only 11 days we will be on our way to the loser's bench!!! I am so excited! So glad you are doing so well on the liquid diet, and I know you will do great!

Thanks Dawn and Carmen. Since Sunday, I've lost 7 lbs and am feeling so good. I'm excited about joining the loser's bench. We will all do fabulous with our sleeve.... I can feel it!!! Have a wonderful weekend ladies.:)

Hey Kim....sounds like you are doing great on your liquid diet. I don't have to do the liquid, but still have to lose 10 lbs. So far, so good on the cabbage Soup diet. I am on day four as well and haven't cheated. I am down my 10 pounds.....Yay, but am still staying on my strict diet to try to lose a few more. I hope the more I lose pre-op the easier my surgery and recovery should be. I cannot believe in only 11 days we will be on our way to the loser's bench!!! I am so excited! So glad you are doing so well on the liquid diet, and I know you will do great!