Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Inamed ... How many fills?

How many fills on Inamed to get "sweet spot"?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How many fills on Inamed to get "sweet spot"?

I haven't the slightest idea what restriction feels like or my sweet spot. I recently (7-12-06) had a fill but I can't tell any difference. Granted I am not hungry. It is now 4:26pm and all I have had to eat is 2 cups of coffee. I don't know how much I can eat with this fill (this is my first fill) as I am still doing liquids. The funny thing is I don't 'want' anything. My family is anxiously awaiting an answer from regarding what's for dinner, but I just can't come up with anything. I am not hungry. So..is this the sweet spot? If it is then my sweet spot came after one fill of 1cc. At time of surgery I had 1.5cc put in to keep the band in place, but I think some of this seeped out as I used to feel burning around my port area.

I have had 2 fills. First fill worked great 6 weeks (May 05) after surgery. Second fill was just a "topper" after swelling went down more (Sept 05) and is still working great.

I have the Vanguard Inamed.....have had 2 fills, a little over 3 cc each time using floroscopy. I don't get hungry, have just a little trouble getting certain foods down. I'm still losing so don't plan so cancelled my apptment for another fill this week.

Linda.....just a thought about why you may not be losing - could be those sandwiches and hamburgers you mention! It seems that the best 'losers' I know eat mostly Protein, use Protein supps, eliminate carbs (as in bread/hamburger buns!) from their lives. Best wishes to you.....

My surgeon has patients come back every 4-6 weeks to be evaluated and weighed. After the second fill, I finally achieved some level of restriction and did not think I would be given a third fill when I went for my visit yesterday. However, I was questioned about what I was able to eat (an entire sandwich at once, no problems with bread, bigger than desired portion sizes) and the decision was made to go forward with a third fill.

I was on full fluids all day yesterday and today I am advancing to a soft diet for one to two days. I do notice that I am less hungry and feel fuller more quickly so I'm glad I talked things through with my surgeon and went ahead and had fill #3. Bottom line? Talk to your MD and be honest so that together you can make optimal choices.

Hi GayleTX, I think you have me mixed up with someone else. I cannot tolerate breads of any kind. I am way to tight. I have problems with anything that is not soft or can be chewed until mush.

Linda

I had restriction from the band itself, so "0" would have to be my answer.

I've had 3 fills since then. Also keep in mind Inamed makes different capacity bands, to fills to restriction on "the Inamed band" can vary a lot, especially since some surgeons are more aggressive w/ fills than others.

I've got a 4 cc Inamed band, just had my third fill yesterday, to a total of 1.9 cc. And still don't seem to have a lot of restriction, though am feeling it a little more.

There sure is a wide range of experience with this.

By the way, my doc only suggests 1 day of liquid/mushies after a fill, before trying solid food. And that's worked for me - no problems so far. But I see that some of the docs require 3-5 days of liquids/mush post-fill...one gets the impression that there's a lot of trial and error going on here, even among the docs.

My doctor requires 24 hours of liquids, 24 hours of soft food and then back to regular diet. ~Mandy

I have been banded with a 4-cc band since 6/29/04 and have now had 5 fills. The latest was done 8/14/06 and the band is now at 3.3 cc. It is noticably tighter then before which was 3.1cc , but I still am able to work with it. I have never had any problem with the band as long as I followed the rules.

Dave T.

I was restricted on my second fill but it may have been a bit too much as i needed an unfill when I got something stuck, threw up and swell shut (couldnt keep liquids down). I'm a bit nervous about my next fill in a few days but i really need one to start losing again. To me it seems like a mix of art and science to get this fill thing right - but i'm not giving up.

Hi all! I had my second fill 3 days ago, and i'm going back tomorrow for an unfill..I'm up to 2cc's in a 6cc band.. i was doing fairly well with 1 1/2 cc. but 2, has been WAY too tight... i can't even eat yogurt! Also, my doctor said i didn't have to go on liquids after my fill, does that sound right??? Thanks for any info.

Hello everyone ,haven't been on for a while but so far I have lost 25 lbs.I was banded on 3-22-06.I have had 3 fills so far and feel some restriction finally.From reading eveyone elses posts I think I am a very slow loser,I must not be doing something right I guess.My first fill was on 5-17-06

second one on 6-14-06,and third one on 7-31-06.I sure wish it was coming off a little faster.Well if anyone has any advice please feel free to share anything.

Thanks For Listening

Jen 30

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

Hi all! I had my second fill 3 days ago, and i'm going back tomorrow for an unfill..I'm up to 2cc's in a 6cc band.. i was doing fairly well with 1 1/2 cc. but 2, has been WAY too tight... i can't even eat yogurt! Also, my doctor said i didn't have to go on liquids after my fill, does that sound right??? Thanks for any info.

Just out of curiousity, if you were doing well with the 1.5 cc's, why did you go for another fill? Did your surgeon pre-schedule you? Good luck with the unfill. I have to go on a day of fluids followed by a day of soft foods after a fill but every surgeon has their own protocol.

Hello everyone ,haven't been on for a while but so far I have lost 25 lbs.I was banded on 3-22-06.I have had 3 fills so far and feel some restriction finally.From reading eveyone elses posts I think I am a very slow loser,I must not be doing something right I guess.My first fill was on 5-17-06

second one on 6-14-06,and third one on 7-31-06.I sure wish it was coming off a little faster.Well if anyone has any advice please feel free to share anything.

Thanks For Listening

Jen 30

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

Hang in there, Jen. It took 3 fills before I felt any restriction as well. Once you're at the right level of restriction, the weight loss will pick-up.

Jen, the average is 1 to 2 pounds per week with the band. The first 6 weeks are for healing not loseing weight. You are right on track, banded around 25 weeks, minus 6 for healing, 19 weeks, 25 pound loss. You are doing fine. ~Mandy