Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I want your opinion on Mexico doctors

I agree! I do see where Suzanne priced shop & I see that because she chose to go to Mexico instead of staying in the states..just because one doctor in Mexico is cheaper than the other means nothing at all...a correction needs to be made by Suzanne because in fact she did price shop!!

You don't know me will enough to assume I priced shoped. I could have had this surgery done in the US and I was a self-pay patient. I made the CHOICE not to because of what I found out. They have a much higher infection rate here in the US, they have little care for you after the surgery and send you home sooner.

Being 63 years old when I had the surgery, I knew what level of care I wanted and needed for ME. I spent 6 months educating myself about all kinds of WLS, doctors, hospitals, reading things on the CDS about infection rates in the US hospital and the assembly-line types of surgery they were doing. I just didn't say let see I think I will got to Mexico because it cost less. People are very prejudice about going to Mexico and what kind of surgery and healty care you receive and I used to be one of them. I leared a great deal about the doctor of my choice.

So MY CHOICE was based on what I wanted and needed when it came to my health and WLS. I believe I know more about what was best for me than your statement a correction needs to be made by Suzanne because in fact she did price shop!!

I was in no way being derogatory and I hope nobody took it that way. I just wanted to illustrate also that just because the care here in the US is more expensive it didn't mean you would be getting better care then going to Mexico and paying less or vice versa! So you did get a better price and a better doctor! It can be accomplished! YAY!

:)

Hi,

Yes, you are correct. I did what is best for me. That is all any of us can do I guess, but I had very high standards, and those where met first before price had anything to do with it. Thanks for your clarification on what you were trying to say.

Hugs,

Suzanne

Well I guess it's basically the way you made your first statement that made me agree totally with MP8BTPC! However, I had surgery with Dr Almanza & when I got back home I was hospitalized from infected incisions..now my cousin went with Dr Aceves & she got home and was hospitalized due to infected incisions as well..now my cost was less but my care was excellent & my cousins cost was more & she said the care was excellent but guess what we both was hospitalized for infections!! So it goes to show you it can happen to anyone..doesn't matter about the track record of the doctor because things happen daily & I'm sure me & my cousin being hospitalized is probably not listed in there statistical data just yet..I did what's best for ME & I'm glad you did what was best for YOU!!!