Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Super pissed and needing to vent (just need to cry)

sad.gifI just wanna say I am sorry upfront for needing to vent here and right now. I have to express myself some way, some how. Today I have reached my limit. WITH EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE!!! Here's a little back round info, my surgery is scheduled for July 11. That's just around the corner for me. Everything up to this point has been so hard for me. Normally I can walk away from things and deal with situations or make the best of things. My husband is currently going through training and will not be able to be here for me during the surgery.

Which is fine, but I have a child that needs to be taken care of. Well I have asked my mom is help step up and be here for us. Which she agreed to months ago and said she was willing to support for my child and myself. I was happy until last week when she told me shes is bringing some random guy with her. That this has turned into a vacation for her. She is pissed that she has to take my child to school for three days (too early because she said she needs her beauty sleep) and that I have asked her to visit me in the hospital at least to see if I am okay. And she went on to say how shes meeting up with some other guy she met online here while she is suppose to be caring for my child!!!! She expects me to buy a TOMTOM for my car so she can go site seeing and do her thing with whomever. I am disappointed, hurt, and just upset. I know this long and its like I am doing a pity party here. I am sorry but I needed somewhere to go after getting into it with her on the phone (again). unsure.gif

I'm sorry to hear this is stressing you out. Honestly, it would stress me out too. I wouldn't feel comfortable with her bringing strange men around my child either. It all sounds rather self centered of her to want to turn this into a vacation for herself and ask you to buy her a TOMTOM. I would look into other options, but I know you are running out of time since your surgery date is soon. I hope you get things straightened out so you won't have to worry about this. You don't need the added stress, having surgery is enough!

I hope your mother comes to her senses and steps up to the plate when you need her. Maybe when she arrives and sees the state you're in she'll have a change of heart. I wish you the best!

Is there anyone else who can help? A cousin, aunt, friend, neighbor, anyone? Is it possible to hire a sitter? I know in my city there are a few 24 hr child care centers for people who do shift work. Maybe you could check into that. I hope you find a solution.

I wish you all the luck in the world in getting this straightened out. (((hugs)))

Well I haven one else because I hardly know anyone here. All I can do is pray my husband can come home for those three days I need him. After this surgery I don't think I want much to do with her anymore. It's sad but I can't depend on her to be my mom anymore. I will keep you guys posted on how everything goes. It's now or never...

wow, and this is YOUR MOM???? she is kinda acting like a young dumb school girl isn't she? Wow amazing. . .do you have any close friends that could help out for a while? just while your in the hospital or something? amazing. . . I'm mad at your mom too and I don't even know y'all !!! how irratating. . .

WOW!!

Don't you have a friend or someone else that can help you??? I would pay a babysitter before I would want someone like that "HELPING" me!!

Sorry. If I were there, I would help you!

Kelly :angry:

Girl, it sounds like your Mama is doing her own thing. Maybe she's not the person you need to help support you right now through this. Have a serious talk with your husband, I'm sure he wouldnt be cool with some random dudes being around his baby.

You and your mama need to talk too. But wait until after your surgery, stress can hinder your healing and we dont want that.

It seems no one has family values anymore. I feel your pain, and am so sorry you are going through it with your family.

My mom and dad passed away in 08, so i just have my mother in law and brothers in law. They live like maybe 5 minutes away, and they couldn't even be bothered to visit me when i was in the hospital. Mom was poopy cuz she had to get my son off the bus one day when my hubby came to take me home. Now it's like if i didn't have internet, i wouldn't see them at all. Even my son who is 11 and shouldn't know these things says i guess we will see family on the next birthday or holiday.

So I hope things smooth over with your mom. It sucks that family has to be that way. I think you have values like me, family is supposed to help out, no questions asked, no problem, no bitching etc...And all that stress can actually make you gain the weight!!! It sin't good for your heart, mind, life!! Try not to stress too much okay?

Stay safe :)

Karen S.

I have good news!!! I started crying when I was told my husband's command is giving him time off for my surgery. My prayers have been answered!!!! Thank you everyone for believing in me and having some support for me. Great I am going to cry again. I am so happy and relieved.

AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is awesome! I am glad it worked out for you!

I have good news!!! I started crying when I was told my husband's command is giving him time off for my surgery. My prayers have been answered!!!! Thank you everyone for believing in me and having some support for me. Great I am going to cry again. I am so happy and relieved.

That is soooooo good!! Sad to say, but right now your mom seems to be foused on herself. You need to just focus on you and recovery! Thank the good Lord that your hubby will be with you! i had a very good recovery , no pain, no nausea. And was up and walking around the next day. Praying its the same for you too!!

Thank goodness! Your lucky stars worked in your favor! I am really happy for you too, cause I'm not sure about your mom's midlife crisis going on there. . .

That is WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!! Big Hugs!!! Now... concentrate on your surgery and onward and downward. :)