Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any horse people on this site?

Hello, My family have had horses for years. Our daughter competed in high school rodeo and NBHA. My husband ropes and my son and I ride for pleasure. We have 13 total, 2 of which are stallions and 1 gelding the rest you guessed are mares. We train and sell performance quarter horses. Have been very busy so training has slowed somewhat. I still ride occasionally but only with our bigger horses. I can't wait to get riding after my surgery!

I don't think I have ever seen anyone post anything even remotely related to horses, owning, riding, etc. I am a bit of a horsenut myself. I own 4 horses, 2 are retired- 1 trail horse and 1 show horse (Arabian).

Just curious if there are any other horse "nuts" like myself.

Yup, I'm right there with ya'll, i don't own horses now, last time i rode was when i was 16 years old and then became way too obese to even get up onto one. . . then i got on a horse here on June 18th of this year after losing 150lbs and let me tell you it was so nice to be back in the saddle! sore, but nice! so now i'm back and loving it!!!

That is fabulous NSV and SV!!! :-)

What kind of horse did you get? It's so liberating to be out riding isn't it?

Yup, I'm right there with ya'll, i don't own horses now, last time i rode was when i was 16 years old and then became way too obese to even get up onto one. . . then i got on a horse here on June 18th of this year after losing 150lbs and let me tell you it was so nice to be back in the saddle! sore, but nice! so now i'm back and loving it!!!

I am horse crazy too! My trusty stead is heading toward retirement, but my dream is to ride Drill Team and maybe take up barrell racing. A skinnier me and a younger horse are both necessary to fullfill that horse dream!

Barrel racing is awesome! Pole bending, keyhole, the whole bit. It's just YOU, THE CLOCK, and your HORSE!!! I got addicted to showing Arabians, but I do miss doing the time events because of the politics of showing judged classes.

I can't figure out how to post pictures here on my posts- but would love to see other's pics if they have figured it out! And, if someone can tell me how that would be even better!

I am horse crazy too! My trusty stead is heading toward retirement, but my dream is to ride Drill Team and maybe take up barrell racing. A skinnier me and a younger horse are both necessary to fullfill that horse dream!

600_32400021.jpg

You must first host your photos somewhere... like photobucket, picasa

When you are composing a message, look for an icon that looks like a picture.. it is the "insert picture" button - click on it

Put the URL from the photo into the pop up

If it all worked, you see a pics from my most recent horse camping trip.

Barrel racing is awesome! Pole bending, keyhole, the whole bit. It's just YOU, THE CLOCK, and your HORSE!!! I got addicted to showing Arabians, but I do miss doing the time events because of the politics of showing judged classes.

I can't figure out how to post pictures here on my posts- but would love to see other's pics if they have figured it out! And, if someone can tell me how that would be even better!

When we went riding on June 18th I took my daughter, who unfortunately has never ridden a horse, and she absolutely loved it AFTER she got over the fact horses are sooooo big! It was for her 21st birthday and she too is ready to go again. . . Amazing what a person can do with less weight on the bones huh? There is a pic in my gallery of me riding if anyone cares to look. . .

Great picture, looks like you were really enjoying yourself! Congratulations!

When we went riding on June 18th I took my daughter, who unfortunately has never ridden a horse, and she absolutely loved it AFTER she got over the fact horses are sooooo big! It was for her 21st birthday and she too is ready to go again. . . Amazing what a person can do with less weight on the bones huh? There is a pic in my gallery of me riding if anyone cares to look. . .

I just attached the photo. Lets see if it works.

this is my daughter btw.

post-6772-13813656958846_thumb.jpg

That's really cool. Your daughter looks great! How did you load the picture?

I just attached the photo. Lets see if it works.

this is my daughter btw.

If you click the Add Reply button you will have a spot to add an attachment..

My daughter on my horse training her on barrels.

Make sure you hit attach this file or it won't upload.lol

post-6772-13813656961048_thumb.jpg

But, it won't let me pull a picture from my laptop. It will only let me pull from a web link. Did you pull it from your computer?

Make sure you hit attach this file or it won't upload.lol

There are two ways to do it. Either as a file attachment (attach button at bottom of message) or

as an imbedded image like I did with the beach picture. Do do the imbedded image you need to have hosted the picture at a hosting site.

But, it won't let me pull a picture from my laptop. It will only let me pull from a web link. Did you pull it from your computer?