Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm in so much discomft & nausea that I'm miserable! I should have stayed fat because this is something I would never do again!! I'm very sore & very bloated! Gas Pains are outta this world!!!! Dr Almanza & his staff are excellent!!!

I know exactly how you feel!!!!! I had my surgery on Mon 6/27-4 days ago. I can honestly say each day gets better. I know you heard it alot but WALK WALK WALK. gets that gas out! I was saying the same thing you were 3 days ago. WTH did I do? But now Im feeling more confident and less miserable. Just very weak today. Starting on Protein Shakes today. You will feel better. Manage your pain meds( take them) you need to concentrate on healing.

There was a suggestion given that anyone before surgery make a list of 12 reasons why you were choosing to do this, they then suggested to take this list out and read it during the few days of recovery. If you have not made a list, make one now, it will be harder to think positive but reach deep inside and look at your past and what made you make this change. You all before me can do this, you are through it now, so stick you your guns and give it your best! I hope to be behind you really soon! Mine is not coming soon enough, but I want to encourage those of you fortunate to already have had the surgery and are on the road better health and to be thinner and enjoy life. It will come! God Bless I say a prayer that you will get through the next few days!

Sorry you're going thru a rough phase, things will get better everyday!! When those lbs start melting off and you get a little further out you will be happier with your decision I think. Hope you feel better soon!!

:)

I'm in so much discomft & nausea that I'm miserable! I should have stayed fat because this is something I would never do again!! I'm very sore & very bloated! Gas Pains are outta this world!!!! Dr Almanza & his staff are excellent!!!

Hey Diva, it gets much better. Get up and walk those halls of the clinic, I was there 1 month ago. You feel much better after you get the gas out of your system. I knew you would like Dr. Almanza, they are great. They will take good care of you at the recovery house as well. Ask to see before pictures of Servano and Elsie, they both had the surgery, you will not believe it. WALK, WALK, WALK AND SIP, SIP AND SIP.. It sounds silly but that is what is going to make you feel better. When you get to the recovery house, stay on the meds, they will give them to you every 8 hours and it does help with the nausea We are happy for you.

This too shall pass! I had a terrible time post op, BUT I WOULD DO IT AGAIN IN A HEART BEAT!!! I promise it gets better with each new day! You will get through it and be a skinny minnie in no time! More importantly a healthy new you!

It really does get better everyday!! Truly!

I am one month today and I feel so much better than my second day home from the hospital. The gas and discomfort (pressure) were very bad for the 1st week but after that it started to feel much better.

Stay positive and each day you will see gets better than the next.

Sending big hugs!!!

Dawn :)

The misery and discomfort just after surgery made most of us question our decision, but I promise it gets so much better. The gas pain will go away, for me it took 3-4 days. After that things got so much better. I'm 16 days post op and it has gotten better/easier day by day.

Hang in there! It will get better!

This reminds me of having a baby. LOL It's painful but most women would do it again in a heartbeat.

Good Luck, hope you start feeling better soon.

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement!!!! I'm actually starting to feel a little better...I've been walking & sipping apple juice. The staff here at the Recovery House are awesome!!!

I was sleeved on Tuesday June 28 and Wed, Thursday were the worst days ever. Today is alot better. I was thinking the same thing, what the hell did I do? But, the gas, soreness is going away day by day. Now, just getting my stomach to heal, I think I will do good. My cousin had it last August and has lost 120 pounds. She said the first week for her was terrible so I kinda mentally prepared myself that the first week was going to be hell. Don't get discouraged, we all need to pass through the first week of gas, soreness and pain and it'll get better.

Me too lol! I was sleeved last Friday june 24th and the first few days were horrible. Constant vomiting, nausea, couldn't even suck on an ice cube without throwing it back up. I was cursing the forums (only briefly lol), wondering why nobody told me it was going to be like that haha. Then as quick as it came, it was gone and by 4 days post op i was feeling much much better. Today I am 1 week out and have lost 12 lbs since surgery. i feel great, just a little sore, like I did a bunch of sit ups, and can eat pretty well, although I am still on full liquid diet for another week. I just kept telling myself it has to get better than this, and sure enough it did. Congrats on your surgery and in a few days you won't care about those first bad ones! Cheers

Thanks to everyone for the words of encouragement!! I was pissed off at the forums myself because no one said how bad the first week would be...Omg this is crazy!! I didn't know that I would have a drain..well I got it taken out today but still it was awful!! Then having to drink the blue Water & the contrast was the yuckiest thing I've ever tasted...taste like liquid metal!! Yuckkkkkkk!!!!