Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is Wrong With Me?

Some weird things are happening lately...................Im doing my band PERFECT! No soda, no fat, no sugar, under 1000 cals a day and the doctor says the weight FALLS off teenagers. I had to go get a fill last week because I was constantly HUNGRY! But sometimes you cant force food down my throat, Im not losing weight, I might loose some now that I have had a fill, but none yet. Im constantly tired and I feel like I am still eating a pretty good amount of food at a sitting. I just feel SOOOOOOOOO tired ALLLLL the time and I AM NOT DEPRESSED, like I couldnt be feeling happier for once I always look on the positive side of everything. Im bruising from the littlest bumps and scarring from the smallest scrapes. Im getting headaches and some fevers and muscle aches and strains. I get the munchies really REALLY bad at night and dont feel like eating at all during the day. My spine hurts (literally my spine) Im light-headed a lot and just sometimes dont feel well, although there is nothing wrong with me. Its almost like being drunk, and this isnt good for me having to drive everyday. I had a fill a week and a half ago and the wound from that still hasnt healed (he hit a blood vessel, which is common and painless just looks bad) and my recent Nose Piercing isnt healing quickly either (it bled the other day, and its not infected.)

Yall Im seriously thinking about going and getting some blood work done, I guess I need to before I go to college anyway, but Im so afraid that nothing will be wrong, but I just have a gut feeling that something is wrong in my body no matter how small it may be, somethings just not right......

*edit* Not to mention these mood swings where every little thing in the world can bother the piss outta me, and then I can care less to break something, its sooooooooo odd. I get so mad about the littlest things anymore and I am usually super easy going. Frankly I cant stand to be around peoples' kids anymore and I just hate being around ignorant people now, where as I used to be just like whatever, believe what you want, I dont care, NOW all I wanna do is argue! Ive gotten plain out mean people! For some odd reason I am MEAN to people!!!!! Yall pray for my Mom and Dad because they catch the most of it (and NO I dont think it is at all connected to any certain time of the month! Its a constant thing!)

I'm sitting here reading your post - and 99% of what you are describing was ME two years ago -- and I was diagnosesd with Type 2 diabetes -- definitely do yourself a favor and get bloodwork done -- it is simple and they can test for MANY different things, including mono. With me - diabetes caused those aches/pains/exhaustion/bruising and healing slowly -- I also have very recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia too.

I am not sharing these things to scare you - by no means - just to encourage you to do the bloodwork - it's so simple and is a good start to finding out what is going on with your body. Best wishes - let us know how you are after the blood results come in.

Get a medical opinion immediately! Don't wait! Call Dr. Speigel's office. If someone there can't help you, ask them to page him if he's in town. If not, ask for his back-up doc.

You'll feel better once you get medical attention. Keep us informed. We care about you!

Hi Jodie,

I would definitely get the bloodwork and call the Dr. It could be Anemia or more serious like others have mentioned. Also, to be honest with you.. I'm not banded... but I have some advice that may help. I wasn't eating a lot (one meal a day), to try to lose weight and my body went nuts on me.. with many symptoms you spoke about. anyway, to my surprise the Nutritionist told me that the reason why I was bruising, had headaches, was dizzy and grumpy.. was because I was neglecting my bodies needs. I finally started to lose weight, just by eating 3 meal a day with frequent healthy Snacks in between. In the end, I was anemic and once I changed my ways of eating.. I got better within a few days. Best of luck to you.. I hope it's nothing serious. I know you said you feel you are eating a lot.. But are you eating Breakfast to start your day off or are you eating a whole lot at one sitting... what seems to be your pattern? Just curious.

Everybody here has given great advice, and I would second it all. I would look carefully at what you are eating, and remember what you eat is more important that what you are not eating. Make sure you get enough Protein every day, I shoot for between 80-110 grams. Make sure you are getting adequate nutrition, I take a chewable Multivitamin, a chewable Calcium plus minerals, and sublingual B12, and chewable Vitamin C every day. I hope it's nothing serious, and that you start to feel better soon.

XO

Leila

Absolutely get the blood work done. I was feeling frustrated just reading your post. It could be anything and it could be nothing, but better safe than sorry. Keep us posted. We'll add you to those prayers as well as your parents.

Yep I aggree, go see your Doc and get blood work done, I just had mine done because I have a lot of the same issues, in my case they said blood work is grt all systems are a go, so now they are trying to ck other options. But I am now more relaxed knowing inside all is ok, will keep working on the outside.

I have a friend that has her PhD in Natural Health. I told her about your situation and she said it sounded like one of two or three problems. In natural health the diagnosis is not the most important thing. She said it sounds like your immune system has been compromised and needs to be corrected. If you would like to call her or get more information concerning natural ways to correct this, you can send me a private message letting me know. She does not want her information to be posted on the message boards, but said it was fine if I give individuals that really want the information her phone number.

I know she has been very successful in helping others with diabetes, all of the auto-immune issues, cancer, heart disease etc.........Just let me know with a private message and I will be happy to give you her info.

Wild

I would definitely make sure you aren't animic or something along those lines. Its difficult and our bodies have problems when we drop in calories. I am a slow loser and totally understand where you are coming from. My weight loss has stopped and I don't have a fill scheduled until July 17th. HOpe you feel better soon. Don't lose the faith.

" I get so mad about the littlest things anymore and I am usually super easy going. "

This describes me a number of years ago when I was diagnosed with depression. It doesn't always mean sadness. You might be eating too little with how tired you are. How is your protien count? Also, you do need SOME fat in your diet. Work on Balancing your diet. I'm a little anemic, (I just found that out last week) and didn't think to look up online for the symptoms, but I think I will do that now.

Hope you feel better!

Im reluctant to mention this, but could you be pregnant? :nervous

Please update us, we're worried about you!

Im reluctant to mention this, but could you be pregnant? :nervous

Please update us, we're worried about you!

This same thing crossed my mind???

Let us know how you are.

I know that im not pregnant lol unless im like the Virgin Mary.....................................I just want something done, I wanna know whats wrong and I want it fixed.......................I had bloodwork done a little over a year ago at an internalist's office and everything was normal, but I still dont feel right so now Im scared that they are basically going to call me a hypochindriac or something because I feel like something is wrong........................I just need something to pop up (something simple, that I can live with or can be fixed) so that I can be healthy.

*Plus there isnt a guy in this small town that I would consider the "deed" with nor them me lol! We are all like family(mostly literally)

Jodie, just because you had blood work a year ago doesn't mean diddly squat now! Don't worry - no one will think you are a hypochondriac -- quite the opposite. You have a number of very real symptoms that need to be checked out, because you are NOT in good health! PLEASE go get that blood test right away. And let us all know the results.....

Many of your issues could also be stress related, worrying over whether there is or is not something seriously wrong. I agree, you need to see the Dr. Time for bloodwork, and a general physical. There are lots of people here for support, regardless of what you find out...even if they find nothing! It is always better to know than to fear the unknown! Let us know!! Good Luck to you!!

Kat