Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2006 Band Crew ~ July Chat

Please add me to the September Challenge! I am trying so hard to get to 260 by my birthday 8/21/2006! I think I can do it but this will help! Is it a weekly weigh in like Gone for Good? or are we on our own charting? good luck all!

I think sometimes our body takes a breather to sort of catch up. I know that I have the roller coaster type weight loss but when I really started getting hungry I began watch what I ate (bander style) and drank Protein shakes inbetween meals to help with the hunger. The losing started back up again but it's still one or two steps forward and then one step back...but as long as the trend is going down I can handle this roller coaster ride.

I also will have my first fill on the 17th and am soooo hoping for some restriction. This hunger is not fun.

I would like an answer to that question (charting) also! Everybody also seems to have different dates in Sept. Are we going to the first? or when?? I had the 20th in mind for some reason. I thought that was about the time we started in June.

Carol

About the fill thing. I got my first one last Thurs. 7-6-06 and I have just been pretty much on liquids but I do feel more restriction than I did before. I did have some with just the band but it was getting to where it was less and less.

Hi All,

Justducky and 3Loves sort of started the challenge. We picked September 13 because it is either Justducky's birthday or 3Loves' concert--I can't remember which. It's in last months chat.

Anyway, we don't have any set rules or ways to chart. I started on Thursday so I will post my current weight, goal weight for 9/13 and how much I have lost for the challenge on Thursdays. It will look something like this:

9/13 Goal: 255, Current Weight: 273,

Loss for Challenge: -3 (18 to go)

Anyone is welcome to join us and you can post whatever statistics you want as often as you want. This is just a way for us to encourage and motivate each other and help to keep each other accountable.

Well, hello there, y'all!

I've been so sleepy lately, I haven't been able to post! Soem exuse! I had my first fill 2 weeks ago 1cc, and go for number 2 on august 1. I am able to eat almost anything without restriction...not that this is a good thing. i have not had a PB or slimer or any troubling thing other than heartburn and gas...but had those pre-op.

During my last free day at the gym, I used an ab-crunch machine. It set me way back, and I haven't been exercising since that day. I felt like I tore my stitches open from the inside out (which i didn't; but felt that way none-the-less)

I weighed in at 315 this morning, and am shooting for an even 300...even better 299...before school starts September 5.I guess I'm in for the Sept. challenge.

that's me...wishing I were in a nutshell! :scared:

Looks like you are all doing great. Catch you soon!

It was actually me and justducky that got the challenge started.

My goal is to lose 30lbs by 9/13 in time to see Dave Matthews. So far since we started last week I have lost just over 3 pounds. I joined a gym this week and worked out for the first time last night. I did 5 minutes on the arch trainer (wow that machine is hars!) and 25 minutes on the treadmill going 3.4 mph. My gym also offers tanning so I tanned for a few minutes after I was done and I feel great today!! The best advice I have for working out is to make sure you have good shoes! It makes a world of difference!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Peace.

Can you believe it that we are far enough along in our banding that we can have mini-challenges? Remember when we were all so nervous about our surgeries that we could hardly stand it? :nervous

Somehow I missed the start of the September challenge. :scared: Since I am stuck at the moment, and not getting my first fill until the end of July, I think I will *challenge* to lose 15 lbs. That will be about 10 weeks. It's a wussy amount, but I've never done a challenge before. Best to be conservative.

Hi May Bandsters! I was banded on May 11th and just had my first fill on July 5th. The doctor put 0.5cc in my band. I already had 1.0cc from the time of my surgery. He told me that if I didn't feel any restriction to come back within a week and he would add about 0.2cc more for free. So.....now I'm trying to figure out if I have restriction or not. I've never felt it before because I could eat anything and it just went right down.

The 2nd night after my fill, I ate a few bites of pork chop--cut up very small--and after about 2-3, my chest began to feel very weird. It wasn't actually pain but it was extremely uncomfortable. I got up and walked around then took a small sip of Water and it went away. I continued eating and everything went down just fine.

The next day for Breakfast, I had an egg and a spoonful of hashbrowns. It went down with no worries. For lunch, I had the pork chop again--cut up very small--and the same thing happened. After about 5 bites, I had that same feeling come over me. This time I did not take a drink, I just walked around. Then, I was able to take about 5 more bites before I decided to call it quits. I had a banana too and it was fine.

My question to all of you~~IS THIS RESTRICTION???

I am debating whether or not to call my doctor on Monday and get another 0.2cc of fill.

Thanks for your comments--they are greatly appreciated!

Barb

HUGE NSV for me today!!! I bought a pair of jeans at Old Navy!!! I cannot believe I can fit into size 20 jeans! OMG! I am just floating! I also bought a size 18 shirt from Lane Bryant. Size 18!!! This is so wonderful I can't even tell you how good I feel about myself right now. I actually had to buy a belt so I can wear the stuff I have now. I haven't worn a belt in years. I think I will work on cleaning out my closet tomorrow and getting rid of some fat girl clothes. Look out Ebay!

Peace!

I went to BIL's Annual garden party yesterday. He is a master gardener and he has a fabulous garden (He reminds everyone it is NOT a yard.) This has always been difficult for me in the food and drink area. Lots of wine is available, unbelievable Snacks, and tons of Mexican food.< /p>

I had one glass of wine (large :phanvan ), and then switched to iced tea - in the wine glass. Wasn't as traumatic as I thought it would be since I did allow myself one (large) glass. Instead of filling my plate with all the Snacks, I just grazed at the table. I'm sure I didn't have nearly as much as I would have - just a little of this and a little of that. For the dinner, I had one encilada and one spoonful of Beans. I ate half and DH finished it for me. Good DH!!

So, this band is working! Yea!!!!

Hello Strangers!! I've been gone for awhile b/c we went to OH for the July holiday and stayed extra to visit with my DB & SIL from VA. He has a 7 mo old son and this is only the second time I was able to see him.....baby Mason. :biggrin1: We came home this past Tues and everyone has been sick since. My SIL (a different one) thought it was OK to bring her son with a fever and so far, 5 or 6 family members have come down with this terrible strep throat. My youngest got it the worst and it turned into scarlet fever. We have been hibernating and so far, I have not taken it....thank God.

I have been reading here & there & must say how proud I am to be part of this group. :clap2: You all keep me going more than you will ever know. This little challenge is just what I needed. I am glad to report that I am down 4 lbs.....16 more to go. I'm going to add another ticker in my sig so it's easier for me to track. I also talked my DH into joining the Y and we are both going to start working out. My boys are even going to take swim lessons. I am so excited and even bought new shoes & work-out clothes this weekend.

I am down a total of 23 lbs since surgery & have not had a fill. I do not feel I need one at this point. I guess I'm a like you Stitchy. I will wait till the weight loss stops then go for the fill then.

Just wanted to touch base on a NSV I had this weekend. I am a huge sports fan. One of the things my wife and i love to do is go to Dallas Stars hockey games. I have a jersey that I haven't been able to wear in several years. For kicks, I tried it on this weekend to see if it fit and it fits very nicely!. I actually teared up when I showed my wife because I feel like I am getting my life back. It was an awesome moment! On another note, I guess the gym is agreeing with me, I lost another 6 pounds this week. That in itself is motivation to keep going. Hope everyone has a great week.

Hello all! Add me to the September Challenge! :clap2: I am challenging myself to lose 20 lbs by 9/30! I go for my 1st fill today - YEAH! :cheer2:I haven't lost anymore weight (just my 24 lbs) but I haven't gained either because I've learned to eat smaller portions. And, I've gone down 2 sizes (from a 5x to a 3x - WOOHOO!!!:confused:

I still haven't gotten the journaling down (it bores me tremendously:notagree) and I'm sure my dietician will yell at me for it tomorrow when I see her but I'm also making it a goal to begin journaling again beginning tomorrow when I see her and after my fill has taken place.

Best of luck everyone! :hippie:

Chris