Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gone for Good Club - July 2006

Ok now I'm back down to 269... Only 1 more lb. to go until I'm back to where I should be :) Doing 30 minutes of laps plus an hourlong swim aerobics class last night must have helped. Plus first day in a long time NO SNACKING. Hopefully I'm turning things around for myself :girl_hug:

Guess I should have told Amy good luck and well wishes yesterday!!! Maybe she will sneak a peek on here today sometime...

Amy~ I truly wish you all of the best in Mexico. You seriously are going to kick ass as a bandsters considering how well you have been doing already. Much luv for you and we all can't wait to hear all about it!!! Speedy Recovery to you girl!!!

Me too!!! Amy, just in case you find time to take a look here today I want to send you off with a reminder that we will all be sending prayers and positive energy your way on surgery day!

Sherryjo, sending a prayer to you also....I am not sure when you are leaving? It is really great that you will be there at the same time and have surgery on the same day! Talk about band buddies, lol!

OOOOhhh Amy! Yay for Amy! Hoooray for Amy!! I'm so excited for her. She's going to do so well. She already knows as much about the band as we banded folk do. She'll do superb and I know she's going to take some Malox plus :) Praying for Amy!

Ok, so I forgot to weigh in and post yesterday, but did it this morning. Stayed the same since my prior posting 3 days ago. Amy had asked if I could post a bit about myself. I am 42 years old, married for 17 years, have 2 children -- 1 boy and 1 girl. They are twins, 11 years old. I was banded on April 4th, just 2 weeks before my birthday. I am a full time office manager and paralegal for a law firm about 1/2 hour from my home. I absolutely love my band. Life was beginning to get tough with my weight. I had high blood pressure, was Vitamin D and K deficient, and 2 weeks prior to my surgery, I was diagnosed with diabetes. I had terrible pain in my knees and had awful heel spurs which hindered me from doing any type of walking. I am happy to say that life is much better. The blood pressure has been under control for 10 weeks now, and I am off the medications. The diabetes is gone, I no longer have pain in my knees and my feet feel soooooooooooooo much better. I am so glad I had the band, and so are my husband and children. I can finally enjoy life with the kids and do things with them. Anyway, enough about me. I am glad to be part of the GFG club and look forward to the support of others, and hopefully I can be of some support to someone out there.

Yvonne

HI ALL!!! I stopped in just one quick second before heading out the door. Rob is waiting in the car. LOL He took off early so he could go to wallyworld with me and pick a few last tings. OMG TELLY! I picked up some Malox plus just cause of you. LOL We are packed, and as ready as we will ever be. Thank you all for the pm's and the cheers. I am super stoked, and will be in touch!

Love you all!!!

AMY -- JUST WANTED TO WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK!!!!! EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE. MY PRAYERS AND BEST WISHES ARE WITH YOU.

Yvonne

......*lips trembling*

I'll be thinking of you Amy. Remember chica, no burritos..nacho's margaritas... etc., right before surgery. That's not gonna be good for you. You'll have the worst gas pains in the history of gas if you do. Mexican food gives me gas anyway so imagine right before band surgery.

Mira chica,

Requerdas..no mal comida ......y, que tengas exito....

Thanks so much Lianna,

I thought everyone had forgot about me. LOL, I'm a big baby. Shouldn't be big much longer. I just got my cell phone so it would work in Monterrey so I can call Amy when I get there and I guess that is the last thing to do. I had my sit down and cry yesterday. I am going crazy for a coke. Oh well, can't have one any more so deal with it.

Thanks for thinking of me. I kinda new here so don't everyone know me but it feels good to know someone is thinking of you. Will let everyone know when I get back as I am sure Amy will as well. I'm so proud I have a buddy there waiting for me.

Thanks again,

Sherri

My thoughts and prayers are with you Sherri. 3 days to bandland!!!

Good luck,

Yvonne :clap2:

Thank you very much,

I can't believe it is here. Do you guys remember a couple of months ago when I came on here and starting asking a thousand questions? Seems like yesterday. I'll let you know how I'm doing as soon as possible.

Thanks again Yyonne

Sherri

I am so excited for you guys!!! Ya'll will do great. SOrry its a late well wish.

My pain during the TOM was unbearable last night. It was SO bad. I had to get my stepmom to drive me 2 hours and I am FILLLESS.

Thanks to Amy and all of you who have NO band I am still motivated to LOSE!!! Until I get my refill on the 20th. I have to say it is kind of nice to have a break. Anyway...just wanted to update you guys.

AND I did see a 50 pound loss this morning. I am sure it was all Water weight but it was nice to see for one day!

Funny & Mysherrijo, I pray that you have complication-free surgeries, speedy recoveries, and healthy happy losses while I am away. I will be thinking and praying for the both of you. God Bless Y'all!