Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

surgery is done May 9 ers

Hi Red Velvet Gangers!!

I am glad to heart that you made it thru!! My surgery was at 4, I was in my room by 7. Dr. said it went perfectly!!

I, thankfully, did not have nausea or vomiting. Just ALOT of gas. That gas is no joke and HURTS like hell! I walked a lot, but did not help. I was miserable yesterday. Felt like I could not breathe and was having a heart attack. Today it still hurts, but not as bad, I did some tootin' this morning and it seemed to relieve some pressure. I am not taking my Lortab, as I do not really have pain other than gas!

I feel like I am doing well. I just do not have an appetite, which I am sure is normal! I have been drinking fluids, and am having Isopure today. There is 40 grams of Protein in that bottle and I have drank half of it since 7 this am. Dr. just told me to focus on liquids for now. I will be able to handle more in a few days.

I hope you all are able to recover quickly and feel well. I really think I am going to love my sleeve!!!

Kelly ;)

Hello Red Velvet Ladies!

I am so glad everyone made it through their surgeries without any major problems. My surgery was scheduled at 8:30am and I was in my room by 12pm. The Dr. said everything looked great! I ended up staying for two nights though because of the nausea and vomiting I was experiencing. I could not get anything down the 1st night. The second day was much better so they decided they could release me. I feel a little better, but I am still hurting from the biggest incision on my left

side. I am now trying to focus on getting in my liquids, but that has been such a challenge :) I hope we all have a quick recovery. Remember no pain no gain or in this situation no pain no loss biggrin.gif

Melinda

Hi Red Velvet Gangers!!

I am glad to heart that you made it thru!! My surgery was at 4, I was in my room by 7. Dr. said it went perfectly!!

I, thankfully, did not have nausea or vomiting. Just ALOT of gas. That gas is no joke and HURTS like hell! I walked a lot, but did not help. I was miserable yesterday. Felt like I could not breathe and was having a heart attack. Today it still hurts, but not as bad, I did some tootin' this morning and it seemed to relieve some pressure. I am not taking my Lortab, as I do not really have pain other than gas!

I feel like I am doing well. I just do not have an appetite, which I am sure is normal! I have been drinking fluids, and am having Isopure today. There is 40 grams of Protein in that bottle and I have drank half of it since 7 this am. Dr. just told me to focus on liquids for now. I will be able to handle more in a few days.

I hope you all are able to recover quickly and feel well. I really think I am going to love my sleeve!!!

Kelly ;)

I read alot on here and see that people say their biggest incision is to the left. Mine is above and to the right of my belly button. I am sure it is fine, but why is mine different than everyone else's?

Anyone know?

Thanks,

Kelly :huh:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches